hello

hi i,ve just brought a 350z fairlady and when i do 100 it really shudders can any help thanks

Hi Pudding, welcome aboard! :thumbs:

I'm sorry to see your first post is a problem. :( I can't help but I'm sure someone who can will be along shortly. :)

Been reflecting on your shudder issue you describe as coming from the middle of the cockpit. I do not recall the prop (shaft - not the propellor noting your other interest :lol: ) being a ZED problem but maybe something connected with that is the source of the shudder? :unsure:

As others have said, check everything to do with the tyres as from previous postings on this site and elsewhere they are normally the first culprits and need to be thoroughly checked, particuarly if they are still the originals and with 15k they are, shall we say, well-run in. Do all the wheels look undamaged and/or is one wheel/tyre looking newer than the others? A hard hit on a kerb or similar might have knocked something out of true that only becomes noticable at high speed.

Hope the supplying dealer gets it is sorted for you whatever it is and you can really enjoy the car. :thumbs:

I'm probably way off the mark here but could it be anything to do with jap cars being restricted to 112mph? I don't know what happens when you start to hit the restricted speed - could it be anything like that?

If you think its transmission related first port of call should be a *good* tyre depot with four-wheel laser alignment equipment and competent operators. You'll be amazed what a slight mis-adjustment can be doing. And while you'll there get the wheels re-balanced first - that should find a "bad" tyre or wheel.

JohnK

p.s. Whereabouts are you?

:welcome: to the forum.

I agree with all that's already been said about checking tyres and wheel balance before looking for anything else.

Nixy also raises a very good point about the Jap limiter - the effect of that is a distinct judder when it starts to cut in after 112 mph (on the track or private road, of course).

Welcome Pudding. I'm with the, sounds to be either alignment out or a rim out of true.

When you say the car shakes, can you pinpoint where the shaking is coming from?

When you're driving turn the radio off and turn the aircon off if possible, as you'll be able to hear more and pinpoint it more easily.

Been reflecting on your shudder issue you describe as coming from the middle of the cockpit. I do not recall the prop (shaft - not the propellor noting your other interest :lol: ) being a ZED problem but maybe something connected with that is the source of the shudder? :unsure:

As others have said, check everything to do with the tyres as from previous postings on this site and elsewhere they are normally the first culprits and need to be thoroughly checked, particuarly if they are still the originals and with 15k they are, shall we say, well-run in. Do all the wheels look undamaged and/or is one wheel/tyre looking newer than the others? A hard hit on a kerb or similar might have knocked something out of true that only becomes noticable at high speed.

Hope the supplying dealer gets it is sorted for you whatever it is and you can really enjoy the car. :thumbs:

I seem to remember that when I was looking for a Zed one of the things to check was that the propshaft didn't clunk, as being of carbon fibre construction they could be damaged if you don't allow the car to come to a complete stop before either engaging 1st or reverse, could be worth checking this out as you say the shudder comes from the centre of the cockpit. I would also still get the wheel balance checked as I once had a car that shuddered at 100+ and it was a rear wheel out of balance, and would second what the others have said to check. Hope you sort it.