HEL brake lines plastic coating is coming off

Dashurik

Hi guys!

Just a concern at the moment.

Have Hel brake lines installed about 3 months ago.Today I checked them and can see a plastic coating is coming off in place where its possible touching metal surface of the suspension when turning the wheels.When installed in first place we checked that nothing was in contact with them when wheels turned in full,but may be over the time they came off the clips a bit!!???Metal housing is not damaged,but it worries me a lot.Is that means I need to change them completelly or just make sure i reposition them slightly? Anybody had a similar issue? Thx

How many clips are used to hold the line in place?

I know HEL only supply one p-clip and you need to either re-use the OEM bracket or an additional p-clip to attach the line to the arm so nothing rubs

Here are mine using two p-clips

DMS002.jpg

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 1

How many clips are used to hold the line in place?

I know HEL only supply one p-clip and you need to either re-use the OEM bracket or an additional p-clip to attach the line to the arm so nothing rubs

Here are mine using two p-clips

DMS002.jpg

interesting as yours is without any plastic coating plain metal ,did you choose it like that? Mine have orange plastic coating to match my zed.Ill check the p clips! I assume if my metal housing is fine then i won't change Hels for new set! Thanks for help..

I got told one was fine amd it seeems ok for now!

The mechanic who installed mine (also a Time Attack driver) said it would probably fine with one clip, but suggested to copy OEM routing which required an extra p-clip

BM's are carbon black so they have a transparent black coating :)

Correct, same on the rear :)

• Like 1

2 x P clips are required on each Hel line on the front to achieve a safe, professional job.

If they have been "rubbing" and there is obvious signs of wear then they must be replaced.

If it is only a cosmetic mark and it has not weakened the line then it will be fine, but best to reposition the line using 2 x P clips.

However if you are unsure, best to let get an informed brake technician to have a look.

Alex. :)

Despite using two P-clips one of mine moved slightly when I very first installed them and the plastic coating rubbed on my tyre, so had to move the clips about to get the line to sit right. (The lines tend to lift themselves upwards or downwards depending on how you route it) I left it for a few months before replacing the damaged one and had no problems.

As I only had one line that needed replacing I spoke to HEL to see if I could buy a single one, they immediately sent me a whole front set free of charge, no questions asked!! :)

Edited by Jp606

Despite using two P-clips one of mine moved slightly when I very first installed them and the plastic coating rubbed on my tyre, so had to move the clips about to get the line to sit right. (The lines tend to lift themselves upwards or downwards depending on how you route it) I left it for a few months before replacing the damaged one and had no problems.As I only had one line that needed replacing I spoke to HEL to see if I could buy a single one, they immediately sent me a whole front set free of charge, no questions asked!! :)

Good call from HEL :thumbs:There have been a number of issues with the fitting of HEL break line on the front of the 350Z.1. Lack of instructions on fitting/routeing/clip positioning for line.2. Not enough P clips to support the line.When my lines were fitted the OEM brackets on the front were reused to support the lines as BM said.

Edited by Ken