Today I say goodbye to MY04

GC350z

I’m back.

Weather sucked for most of it.

Sorry about pics. Using phone until I claybar, polish, wax and remove some dealer graphics.

Arrived, deal done, got car, hit the road and within minutes meet

SP_A0086.jpg

To make matters worse I had to drive over freshly laid tar.

Anywho. Back home in one piece.

SP_A0090.jpg

SP_A0091.jpg

SP_A0087.jpg

SP_A0089.jpg

Love it. I think it’s a lot faster than MY04. Hit 200kph before I even realised it. Handles better. Don’t like the clutch much.

The car is great. The clutch really is annoying. It’s not really mechanical now. Will have to get used to it.

Slowing down it actually sounds like a super charger spinning down. Odd.

Twin intakes sounds great but you get used to it far too quick. Put the foot down in 3rd and there was a definite sound of air sucking in.

It's much faster then an MY04. When I got back to Dublin I found very difficult to keep the speed down. She doesn’t want to drive at 30.

Biggest problem so far is removing the dealers graphics. Got them off but left the adhesive residue. Going to try tar remover now.

adhesive residue will come off easy with wd40, looks supeb imo B)

Sorry, but PLEASE do not put WD40 all over your paintwork. Start with something like AG Super Resin Polish, it shouldn't have affected the lacquer so using tar remover etc might be a bit extreme.

Car looks great, enjoy it! :thumbs:

Sorry, but PLEASE do not put WD40 all over your paintwork. Start with something like AG Super Resin Polish, it shouldn't have affected the lacquer so using tar remover etc might be a bit extreme.

Why ?? it will not do any harm and will dissolve the adhesive , it seems madness to try and polish glue off a car ? and its likely to scratch the paint

If the adhesive IS on the paintwork ? normally dealer stickers are on the glass, wd40 works well on this also, just spray on a rag and hold on for a few mins or you could use a hairdryer to soften it

wd40 is well used on bikes to remove chain wax from painted wheels with absolutely no detremental affects

Why ?? it will not do any harm and will dissolve the adhesive , it seems madness to try and polish glue off a car ? and its likely to scratch the paint

If the adhesive IS on the paintwork ? normally dealer stickers are on the glass, wd40 works well on this also, just spray on a rag and hold on for a few mins or you could use a hairdryer to soften it

wd40 is well used on bikes to remove chain wax from painted wheels with absolutely no detremental affects

If you're happy using it then great. Using a lubricant / oil on paint is not ideal IMO. :)

You refer to it being used on wheels etc. Which may be fine. Paint is a different chemical set up and oil absorbing into it will cause problems. :)

I was driving a Megane over the weekend (rental) and the lack of response from any pedal, the gear stick and the wheel was awful... the car was so forgiving I started to do whacky pedal/gear/wheel combos for fun.

T'was nice to get into the Z this morning and hear the rumble, and feel the response :drool:

I was driving a Megane over the weekend (rental) and the lack of response from any pedal, the gear stick and the wheel was awful... the car was so forgiving I started to do whacky pedal/gear/wheel combos for fun.

T'was nice to get into the Z this morning and hear the rumble, and feel the response :drool:

:( I miss my zed.

I drove Sarah's Mums Punto over the weekend as i was insured until 12 midday today. It was horrible, i put my footdown and it doesnt move, i couldnt even overtake a corsa doing 40 on an A road! :surrender:

I MISS MY CAR!!!!!

Nice dude. How does the clutch feel different? Do you feel like you are just pushing a pedal and you dont feel like its pulling a chord?

Also - i wonder how it would sound with 2 popchargers or k&n's B)

If you drive a new Toyota or something like an Astra or Focus you’ll find the clutch is completely unresponsive. No feel to it. You can bang the pedal without a second thought. The problem with that is when using 1st there’s no pressure or weight behind it. When you release it it flicks back at you. It’s hard to describe but in a strange way I’d say it’s less mechanical and more electric if that makes sense. It’s great though for higher gears as you just flick through them.

I always hate driving an Avensis, Astra or Focus as combined with the dead clutch you have power steering that has no weight to it at any speed. It makes driving very easy but I find it dangerous not to be able to feel the car through my hands and feet. The steering on MY07 is lighter then MY04 but you can still feel the wheels and what the rear is doing. The steering wheel might even be a little bigger. Even the seat feels different. In the old car I’d have to tilt my head back to rest it on the headrest. Now the headrest is inline with the seat so my back is straight. From the first moment I sat in it I felt totally at home. Perfect driving position.

Two chargers would be interesting but as there's no gains apart from noise I'd be one of those that wouldn't bother. I think Nissan have developed the 3.5 into a great engine and don't want to mess with the setup.

Guy