A few VQ35HR questions

psmurphy

Hi

Did a search on VQ35HR and nothing come up so apologies if this has been covered already and I assume it has

Do all 350zeds from 2007 onwards have the VQ35HR engine and how can you definitively tell the difference between a DE and HR, does the VIN give any clues?

Also what a good safe power figure from a HR compared to a DE - from what I've ready its around 400 for a DE and 500 for a HR ?

Apologies again if the above has already been covered but the search surprisingly brought back nothing

HR engine has dual air intakes ...

and a bulge bonnet (but not all bulge bonnets have an HR underneath because it's a popular mod on DE engined cars)

^^ What he said. :D ...and welcome aboard. ;)

Thread here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/66083-engine-differences/

Best to search using google. E.g. enter into google "350Z uk ..........." followed by what you're searching for. :thumbs:

thanks for the replies and the welcomes :)

Looking at getting a 350z and at the "reading up" stage so apologies for the dumb questions as looking at pics of the DE and HR now its pretty obvious which is which

My last fun car was a R33 GTST skyline which I tuned into a track day car from stock (website if your interested http://www.r33skylineproject.co.uk) and looking to do similar with a 350z as I have a genuine passion for Nissan\Jap cars

Edited by psmurphy

I'll mention that to coldel on here as he's just begun his R33 ownership not long ago so may find it useful. :thumbs:

Cool - was a great car but became an endless money pit in the end... so plan to go the same way with a 350z haha

I'll mention that to coldel on here as he's just begun his R33 ownership not long ago so may find it useful. :thumbs:

Cool - was a great car but became an endless money pit in the end... so plan to go the same way with a 350z haha

Every cars a money pit but as long as you enjoy the ride it's all worth it. ;)