Ipad Install- Would you be interested?

cmr1991

Would you be interested in an Ipad/Tablet Install   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in Ipad/Tablet Install In Center Console?

• Yes
    • No

Can I have a quick vote please (it won't let me edit the poll)

But If interested can you please just reply with one of the following to this thread :

Yes- iPadMini/tablet In a permanent fixed position

OR

Yes - iPadMini/Tablet in a removable position.

1. Vlad - Yes, iPad mini in fixed position

But also depends on design of removable...as the reason I want a fixed one - so it will look better, will sit back nicely inside the dash where removable i guess will be located right at the front/on top... unless you come up with a great design :)

I would like to stress this :

just by saying if your interested or not I am no way taking note of names or making them just for that individual,

so don't feel like by commenting you are pressured into having one or ordering or whatever once complete, this is just a good way for me to get some market research before I chop up several centre consoles and cubbys to get the right design for the most popular choice first :)

Thank you

I'd like it to be removable so you can add music to it easily via a computer or laptop. The float mount looks like a brilliant idea.

But if there's noway of getting it to charge in a removable device id rather it be fixed with a USB cable attached that you can get to, to plug it into your laptop.

Edited by Ballardpaul

Great find that Dave :thumbs:

Having had a install before, I would be interested with a 7" tablet fit. the big issue is the cubby hinges.

I got a few bits from them when I did my cubby install.

I think you would need a nav cubby Ken, don't think it would work with a standard one...

Sent from the golf club...

My Dummy iPad Arrived today .. didn't fancy wrecking a fully working iPad if it goes all wrong haha.

I am also updating on a centre console and Cubby. I won't be using a satnav cubby, I will total be re-making one and adjusting it to suit.

BUT

Needs to have a cover over it, I wouldn't want it on display 24/7 as some scroat will try to break in to remove it. Assuming you could sort that somehow, then I would definitely get one. Assuming I get a Zed next, of course.

BUT

Needs to have a cover over it, I wouldn't want it on display 24/7 as some scroat will try to break in to remove it. Assuming you could sort that somehow, then I would definitely get one. Assuming I get a Zed next, of course.

Are you getting another Zed then??

Possibly. I've narrowed the list down to three cars now, but still no closer to choosing which I want. They're all very different, which I guess is the problem.

I'll do a proper thread in a couple of months when I'm ready to make the jump. :)

Okay I have a few designs that I going to start making ,thanks for everyone's input.

There will be:

1) a fixed unit flush with center console.

2) a fixed unit that can be hidden with the cubby lid

3) a removable unit flush with center console

4) a removable unit that is hidden by cubby

Thanks again all I will keep you all updated and will set up a new place on my members trader area.

Please lock

Only just seen this thread.

I love the idea of an integrated iPad mini, however it would have to be removable and not look stuck on. Getting the music to the HU won't be an issue as you'll need an aftermarket HU (unless you want to do the Bose hack) and they pretty much all have BT anyway.

Power would be a great bonus, but not necessary as the battery in these things last longer than you'd be driving for anyway, unless it's a 3G version and you're using a navigation app.

I really like the clip in magnet thing in a previous post. Easy to remove, sit nice and flush and minimal fabrication work. Don't need to worry about security because you can lift it out really easy :thumbs:

However, I'm not sure why people are worried about the security of it in a fixed setup. You won't be able to see the home button and it'll just look like a standard OEM sat nab to the untrained eye and I highly doubt these creeps who go about breaking into cars know which cars have which sat nab systems.

Starting moving along a little quicker today! This is a question for the guys that want it in a permanent position,

Would you like to keep the home button or lose it

You can still control the iPad without the home button btw

regards

• 5 weeks later...