Little road trip planned

Will370z

And Steve, a huge huge thanks for the route. I owe you a massive beer.

Unfortunately furka and system were very misty and couldn't see much, so we decided after stelvio we are doing the route backwards as the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny

• Like 1

Will, massive beer not needed mate. Just glad you took the plunge and went for it.... Amazing out there isn't it! Grime land furka are definitely worth doing in the clear! If you didn't already then stop at the belvedere and go into the cafe / shop at the end of the car par, pay your 7 Swiss franks and go walk inside the Rhone glacier...... Cool

When you get back drop me a line and we should meet up and compare routes / notes.

1500 miles in and I've totally fallen in love with my car again. I'm never selling. The stillen is a perfect accompaniment to the views.

Best day ever, fantastic roads, breathtaking views, and to top it all off walk into a 4* hotel with spare rooms, get upgraded to a huge room with balcony over the pool, and Rosie gets to park up near an SLS 500 so she's happy for the night.

Waitresses are dam fine here too, may stick around longer.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you had a good day today Will. I drove from Zurich to Lille today, road wasn't very exciting but no traffic which was good. My hotel in Zurich was nice, it has a view over Zurich but unfortunately all I could see was cloud. Where did you go today? Is the weather any better?

Going well I see Will, me and Fran have made it to Como for a weeks chilling out. We stopped at the Belvedere stop too, but didn't go inside the glacier as we'd already had our glacier viewing earlier in the day ;)

Think we were on the Furka about 2-3pm, and it was ok going up, but murky the rest of the way.

Great view from the top near the glacia Andy, made my legs tremble slightly though.

Furka and susten passes were very misty so we are going back and doing them Friday when it's predicted to be glorious sunshine.

Have fun in como

Cheers mate, we've been on the road 10 days now, and the Honeymoon's not even half way through! I'll probably be heading back through the passes next week, so hopefully the weather will be better. The road on the italian side of the Bernadino is massive, and then it's basically a constant 5% downhill motorway for miles down to Lugano.

The link isn't working for me Phil :(

just picture will in your head with a dodgy baseball cap, luverly purple t shirt and jeans in his sock ............. to protect against rats ?

just picture will in your head with a dodgy baseball cap, luverly purple t shirt and jeans in his sock ............. to protect against rats ?

Oh I often picture Will in my head Andy, it all started on some lovely roads last September, great company, giggling like schoolgirls at times and the wind in our hair.... halcyon days....

sugane9u.jpg

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

Does this work?http://s1078.photobu...4?sort=3&page=1
Not on my iPad but does on my Mac :)

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Philip_Oldale/library/?sort=3&page=0

^ that link works on both ;)

Are you the Phil that had the VX220 ?

Yep, wrote it off in Scotland after 6 months. I use the MR2 for track days and I have to say it's been very reliable, touch wood. Ken/Will were trying to persuade me to get a 350/370z. Maybe I'll have one for the European trip next year ;)