[SOLD]For Sale - 2004 Sunset GT - 70k - NOW SOLD

jjt

Hi all, as cliched as it sounds I am genuinely gutted to be having to sell my pride and joy, but a new job forces me to sell :(

I’ve loved owning the car, and it hasn't wanted for anything. Hopefully anyone who saw it in Wales the past two years can attest to this. Thank you to everyone on 350Z-UK for all the help and entertainment; if the car sells as a result of this thread, I will be making a donation to the forum :)

2004 GT spec car, (Rays forged alloy wheels, heated leather seats, cruise control and Bose 7 speaker sound system). Everything works as it should!

70,500 Miles

12 months MOT

Serviced on 1st June 2014 whilst it was MOT’d.

Full service history (9 services) with loads of invoices.

HPI clear with certificate from when I purchased the car.

My private plate is in the process of being removed, and will be returned to an 04 registration.

Taxed until the end of July; pre 2006 so much cheaper to tax than later models!

I have owned the car since January 2012, having purchased from an owner on this forum. It has been washed every week without fail, rain or shine (I’m sure the neighbours think I’m sad!). Full detail carried out at the start and end of each summer, consisting of snow foam, wash, clay bar, polish, glaze, wax and sealant.

In August 2012 I had every fluid changed - , Fuchs Titan Race Pro S engine oil, genuine Nissan gearbox oil with Molyslip additive, genuine Nissan VLSD fluid, Motul RBF 600 brake fluid and coolant flushed.

It uses absolutely no oil between changes.

As seen in the Forum Calendar last year (November)!

Interior

• JVC AWX-640 touchscreen with USB/iPod connectivity hidden in the top glovebox and retaining steering wheel controls. Original Bose unit is included, but didn't work too good which lead me to switch it to the JVC.
  • The amp for the sub has been repaired to prevent the sub cutting out randomly.
  • Reversing camera built into the numberplate light, switches automatically when reverse is engaged.
  • Audiobahn AS65V speakers to replace the poor rear OEM ones.
  • Rear tonneau cover/boot divider included.
  • Aluminium gear knob and handbrake with alcantara gaiters.
  • Alzean (tan) leather fitted as a factory option, which is still in good condition. It has been treated with Gliptone Liquid Leather cleaner/conditioner regularly, and included in the sale is the dye to fix any future marks or scuffs.
  • The rear strut brace cover has been wrapped in 4D carbon fibre.
  • Drivers side door grab handle refurbished.
  • Genuine Nissan mats with the 350Z logo on.
  • Richbrook aluminium tax disc holder with the 350Z logo.

Brakes

• Factory Brembo calipers.
  • DBA 4000 front discs fitted April 2013.
  • EBC Yellowstuff pads all round, fronts fitted April 2013
  • HEL stainless steel braided lines fitted February 2013

Wheels and Tyres

• Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres fitted September 2013 all round (see http://bit.ly/1onwqQK )
  • Alloys were refurbished in May 2013; still in pretty good condition with only very minor blemishes, and certainly nowhere near enough to warrant me having them refurbished again.
  • Black wheel nuts, with the originals included.

Engine, Drivetrain and Exhaust

• Plenum spacer fitted
  • Uprev remap (if you are not familiar with what this does, have a search of the forum and you’l see that it completely transforms the car for the better :) )
  • Cobra resonated exhaust fitted June 2012 on 60k miles, which is still in excellent condition. The exhaust is, in my opinion, the perfect compromise for everyday, being loud when you put your foot down but not too loud when cruising.
  • Genuine ’06 airbox with Cosworth panel filter (filter has seen less than 5000 miles).
  • Exedy clutch and lightened flywheel fitted in June 2011 on 56k miles.
  • HKS grounding kit fitted.
  • Replacement starter motor (from ZMANALEX) fitted in October 2012.
  • Spark plugs replaced with Denso Iridium plugs in January 2011.
  • It had all the belts changed for Gates belts in June 2011 by the previous owner.
  • Receipt in the history file to show that the clicky axle was fixed by Nissan in 2007.
  • The gearbox is great with no notchiness or crunching even when cold, and has been even slicker since changing the gearbox oil for genuine Nissan 6MT oil with Molyslip.

Exterior

• The roof has been wrapped in Hexis gloss black vinyl; easily removed if needed and the roof paint is in great condition underneath.
  • Front lip on the bumper has been sprayed with plasti-dip; again this could be easily removed you wanted to do so in the future and the paint is in great condition paint underneath.
  • New bonnet fitted by Nissan under their perforation warranty in April 2014.
  • Z front and rear badges fitted, original Nissan items can be fitted instead if you prefer.
  • Front plastic number plate holder has been removed, but is included in the sale.
  • Honda RDX Stubby Aerial (original included).

So, what does the car need doing to it? In all honesty, absolutely nothing. If it ever needed something, it got done straight away! Only imminent cost is the new tax disc.

For sale exclusively on the forum until my private registration has been removed, which should be completed in about a week and a half.

Price - £7000

Yes I know you can get a 350Z cheaper, but look at what has had done to it in both maintenance such as the new clutch and flywheel, as well as the ‘essential’ mods such as the UpRev remap. Please PM me for my number if you want to have a chat about the car or ask and questions.

The car is in Wrexham, North Wales.

These pictures were taken yesterday (bit of a dull day to show of the bodywork but nevermind!):

IMG_1248_zps9a04aaac.jpg

IMG_1247_zpsea3df618.jpg

IMG_1244_zps74ec5295.jpg

IMG_1241_zps39d93486.jpg

IMG_1240_zps1877c44e.jpg

IMG_1237_zps1afcec31.jpg

IMG_1236_zpsb321646f.jpg

IMG_1235_zps7e9819a8.jpg

IMG_1232_zps0101985f.jpg

IMG_1230_zps16e83a06.jpg

IMG_1252_zps9691e69e.jpg

IMG_1256_zps458fe17c.jpg

IMG_1257_zps8d6ab360.jpg

IMG_1258_zps4215862e.jpg

Worst bit of wear on the drivers seat:

IMG_1270_zps4932ea9c.jpg

IMG_1271_zpsfc7a5126.jpg

Better view of the roof wrap:

ACD6CF98-C04B-49C2-A54B-7FD2847FB4E0_zps0ompg4yd.jpg

Cold start / reversing camera video taken this morning:

th_3F4D53C1-CDB7-4A81-8D67-56D15BD5EEA5_zpst4zzswlo.jpg

Couple more pics taken during my ownership:

IMG_6058_zps6bbf38cf.jpg

IMG_6065_zps7465c6fa.jpg

350zMay13-2_zps05184117.jpg

350zMay13-4_zpsf08c4a61.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Jonathan

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 2

I see this car pretty much every day - In the car park.. I won't say where you park it but I go to the Gym a few buildings down from where you park it (I assume you work close)

The car is immaculate, I don't think I have ever see the car dirty, it is constantly stunning!

Good luck with your sale!

Fantastic car Jonathan real credit to you, so whats next?

Sent from the golf club...

Cheers Dave :) I will probably getting a diesel to commute to the new job, unless I decide to use the train... :scare:

Cheers Dave :) I will probably getting a diesel to commute to the new job, unless I decide to use the train... :scare:

With train fares probably cheaper to get a soot chucker, but then you can at least relax on the train I guess if it's not too packed...

Hope you will be sticking around here!

Awww Jonathan thats a real big shame you selling up. I know we were chatting in Wales about the new job and the possibilty of the zed going :( Hope you stick around here and your for sale advert is excellent.

Cannot see the car hanging around long as Ian has said ' Cracking example of an enthusiast owned car ' which it has been :thumbs:

Good luck mate.

Awww Jonathan thats a real big shame you selling up. I know we were chatting in Wales about the new job and the possibilty of the zed going :( Hope you stick around here and your for sale advert is excellent.

Cannot see the car hanging around long as Ian has said ' Cracking example of an enthusiast owned car ' which it has been :thumbs:

Good luck mate.

+1 a really cared-for ZED :thumbs:

With train fares probably cheaper to get a soot chucker, but then you can at least relax on the train I guess if it's not too packed...

Hope you will be sticking around here!

Of course mate! :)

Good luck mate.

My son is after one so I have just sent him a link. There goes the forum. :lol:

Looks like a cracking car for the money, all the right mods too. GLWTS

+1 a really cared-for ZED :thumbs:

Thank you all :)

Edited by jjt

Deposit taken pending completion to the first person who saw the car! :byebye:

That was always gonna happen, the pics although brilliant still don't do the car justice ;)

Cheers Dave :)

Deposit taken pending completion to the first person who saw the car! :byebye:

That was always gonna happen, the pics although brilliant still don't do the car justice ;)

Cheers Dave :)

You need to get a nice diesel Jag to waft to work in now ;)

So I dropped off the Zed with its new owner today. Nice to know he's as enthusiastic as me, but with a hell of a lot more technical ability by the looks of it! It's been a great 2 and a half years of ownership 😿

• Like 3

So I dropped off the Zed with its new owner today. Nice to know he's as enthusiastic as me, but with a hell of a lot more technical ability by the looks of it! It's been a great 2 and a half years of ownership 😿

Sad day mate but congrats on selling. Will the new owner be on the forum?