Summers upon us and I have a problem!

Daruna

Hi wisemen of z's. I park my car outside my office window and would like to do so with the windows down an inch or two without the bloody alarm going off. Is there a way to do this? [Google fails me]

Also I'm pi**ed off Bennetts bike insurance accept they stole money from me but will not return all of it. The ombudsmen have come to the rescue and i'm just ranting. Evening.

I do to, but is it me or is the Zs alarm not very loud ? My Jag had all bells and whistles with alarm, horns and main beam / indicators. With the Z it's alarm sound and indicators.......that's it. Now I would have thought the Z has got a lot more chance of being nicked than my X type did. :)

Yeah true it is quiet. Still. I was hoping there was a secret locking combo or something that stops the alarm from activating. Currently I have to wear asbestos clothes at the end of my shift to prevent bursting into blue tinged flames when my ass touches the seat. Also the aluminium on top of the gear nob could make a fashionable cattle brand into my palm. Please help.

I think you will always get problems with the alarm if you leave a window part open.

I will check if the alarm will even set properly with a window part open.

I got the first bit of your post, it was the second bit i didn't get :lol:

On one of my old cars you used to be able to turn off the interior sensors for such things as leaving a window open. Don't think that's a feature of the Zeds alarm system though.

What about a sun blind? They look cr*p I know but might help if you can't leave a window open. :thumbs:

On-Sale-Double-thick-Aluminium-Foil-Sun-Shade-Sunblock-font-b-Car-b-font-Window-font.jpg

Don't think there is a solution other than disabling the alarm (not clever)

I do agree with the alarm volume, parked outside Morrisons during a drive out on Sunday stood beside my car talking and took an age to realise my alarm was going off ( window open ) :surrender:

You might want to check your insurance still covers you if the car is not securely parked with alarms activated.

I also suffer with the branded R, 1 to 6 palm mark. Was thinking some sort of knob cooler.....I'm sure someone on here will have come up with a useful device lol

Right, thanks for the information, its not the end of the world. British weather allows for another 3 days of sunshine before the winter sets in again anyway. :) As for:

I think you will always get problems with the alarm if you leave a window part open.

I will check if the alarm will even set properly with a window part open.

I got the first bit of your post, it was the second bit i didn't get :lol:

When I made this post i was on the phone to the financial services ombudsman lodging a complaint about Bennetts bike insurers. I have since cooled down and don't feel to bad about being robbed blind by Bennetts, I'm going to take them to small claims court and use the compo to get some Nismo toys for my car haha.

You might want to check your insurance still covers you if the car is not securely parked with alarms activated.

I also suffer with the branded R, 1 to 6 palm mark. Was thinking some sort of knob cooler.....I'm sure someone on here will have come up with a useful device lol

HAHA nob cooler xD

• Like 1

When my alarm kept randomly going off I locked the car from the passenger side, which locked the car but didn't seem to alarm it, my boyfriend locks the supra with the key rather than remote to lock it but not alarm it, but as suggested your insurance company will probably use it as an excuse not to pay out if something happened!

I have a hat on my knob, keeps it warm in the winter and cool in the summer lol

60FE8B84-780B-40AE-9649-CA209A1F235D_zpsmjbg4ity.jpg

• Like 2

P.S. I am very impressed you rustled that up so quickly....you've been thinking about that for a while, haven't you ;)

Thanks lol I'm a quick worker but a master of daft designs unlike that genius nob sock. Im going to put a white and black k-swiss sock on mine haha

• Like 2

Like the earlier post said - if you lock the car with the key in the door (like the old days) it shouldn't arm the volumetric (interior) alarm in most cars.

I think an insurer would have a tough job proving that you'd left the windows open if it was stolen - as long as you leave nothing in view, you'd be unlucky if anyone broke in.

I do to, but is it me or is the Zs alarm not very loud ? My Jag had all bells and whistles with alarm, horns and main beam / indicators. With the Z it's alarm sound and indicators.......that's it. Now I would have thought the Z has got a lot more chance of being nicked than my X type did. :)

My ever so stylish (but annoying me now) Richbrook tax disc holder fell off the windscreen for the upteenth time last night (even though I upped the sticky dots to extra sticky) and set the zed alarm off again.........at 2am, it seemed loud enough.

My ever so stylish (but annoying me now) Richbrook tax disc holder fell off the windscreen for the upteenth time last night (even though I upped the sticky dots to extra sticky) and set the zed alarm off again.........at 2am, it seemed loud enough.

Not to worry come October 1st you can throw it away.