How often do you guys do Oil Changes?

ZZZ_2306

As the title says how often does everyone do oil and filter changes? I know in the US they seem to do them every 3,000 miles are the UK service schedules fairly safe or are people getting their own interval oil services done.

Also I am assuming the top up from min to max is standard 1 litre on the 370?

Mine gets done once a year when serviced, around 4000 miles max between services for me as I don't travel much :)

+1

Assume that if 9000 miles is the service interval then that's fine? Saying that I only do 6K a year and will service yearly so I hope that will be ok

Mine gets done once a year when serviced, around 4000 miles max between services for me as I don't travel much :)

+1

Assume that if 9000 miles is the service interval then that's fine? Saying that I only do 6K a year and will service yearly so I hope that will be ok

No problems with that, you'll be fine.

Not sure about the min to max on the 370 as I'm sure it's 1.8 on the 350?

Oil change with a yearly service as I do nowhere near 9k.

1.8 miles between oil changes! Stuff that the car can stay in the shed and I will grow pansies in it!

• 4 weeks later...

Good question. I did my first oil change at 2400 miles and then my seconds one 5000 miles there after. The service manual here for the 14 MY says it should be done every 5K miles. Is it different in UK?

Can someone please look at their service book and tell me what the oil change schedule states ?

My service book states for every 5K miles, was wondering if they are different in UK.

• Like 1

Can someone please look at their service book and tell me what the oil change schedule states ?

My service book states for every 5K miles, was wondering if they are different in UK.

Hi There, don't forget that in The USA oil specs are different to that in the UK. Use a good quality oil (synthetic not mineral which is widely used in the USA). Should last 9k miles then between oil and filter changes. If you go to Jiffylube change your oil every 3k miles :lol:

Hi There, don't forget that in The USA oil specs are different to that in the UK. Use a good quality oil (synthetic not mineral which is widely used in the USA). Should last 9k miles then between oil and filter changes. If you go to Jiffylube change your oil every 3k miles :lol:

LOLzzz.. I do my own changes, I just did my second oil change 2 days ago. First was changed at 2400 miles ( factory filled oil ) with Penzoil Plat synthetic 5-30, Most recent Mobil 1 0-40 at 7400 miles..

The book calls for changes every 5k miles for oil here, hence why I was asking what it says over there. I wasnt aware that a 0-30W synthetic is different to a 0-30W synthetic over there, joking right?

Edited by Limey