Newbie here - Nismo Z

Hi guys new member here only just joined. Not got a 350Z yet, loved them since they came out, had a test drive and loved it, the time to get one is now, after split with partner and house move and not sure which way to go, either new or second hand, or this model which I don't know if I could get hold of this, importing from the States (they do get the better options over there don't they?) or indeed Japan if this GORGEOUS limited-edition model is available.

http://www.nissanusa.com/z/key-features ... .Z.Home.P2

The more pressing question is why the hell isn't this model available in the UK? Or is it? And what about right hand drive? Would a UK dealer be able to get hold of one?

:welcome:

Never heard of anyone importing a whole car from the states, as it would be LHD :blush:

That Nismo Z should be available in Japan in RHD, sure it was a very limited production but i may be wrong. TBH the V1 and V2 Nismo kits are far nicer!! The rear bumper on that Z is hideous!

:)

Hi and welcome mate :yahoo:

Yeh that car is lovely, I think all it is is a body kit on perhaps a new 2007 350z model. Body kit I think is the Nismo version 2 could be wrong mate. The older 350z pre 3006 have more torque however, but the newer ones have more bhp :thumbs: Id import from japan as are lhd and then get it delimited by big phil :thumbs:

Hi and welcome mate :yahoo:

Yeh that car is lovely, I think all it is is a body kit on perhaps a new 2007 350z model. Body kit I think is the Nismo version 2 could be wrong mate. The older 350z pre 3006 have more torque however, but the newer ones have more bhp :thumbs: Id import from japan as are lhd and then get it delimited by big phil :thumbs:

Pre 3006? Cars in Japan are LHD?? :wacko::headhurt::p

Welcome aboard, mate! :thumbs:

Have a look at this - looks like the same kit on the front page. May be worth an enquiry. http://www.futuremotorsports.com/

Personally I'm not keen on the kit and if I had the money would go for a new or nearly new UK MY07. The new engine is getting some corking reviews and even the new bonnet bulge has grown on me. :teeth:

Thanks for the replies chaps, I see what you mean about the Nismo kit on there and as you say, importing from Japan might be the way to go. I can't drive a LHD car as I am left-handed! lol

I do like the new bonnet and of course the uprated engine in the 07 models. Haven't driven one yet but nicer by all accounts.

Nice to be part of a decent forum for such a fine motor!

p.s. can anyone show me the V1 and V2 Nismo kits please? And I am guessing that the one fitted by Nissan now as an option would be the V2?

Thanks for the replies chaps, I see what you mean about the Nismo kit on there and as you say, importing from Japan might be the way to go. I can't drive a LHD car as I am left-handed! lol

I do like the new bonnet and of course the uprated engine in the 07 models. Haven't driven one yet but nicer by all accounts.

p.s. can anyone show me the V1 and V2 Nismo kits please?

All the info you could ever need here for free! ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=313

Follow the link and you'll be an expert on all bodykits. :teeth:

p.s. can anyone show me the V1 and V2 Nismo kits please? And I am guessing that the one fitted by Nissan now as an option would be the V2?

This is the V1 kit on my old zed:

RIMS003.jpg

:thumbs:

There are two cars with this kit, I think

1. The std Nismo Z sold in US and Japan ( bodykit, wheels interior etc...)

2. The 380RS which is a 3.8l Nismo developed engine ( limited run of only 300 with this engine) and all the bodykit as above....I'd love to see one of these...

3. There is a 380RS competition but i think this is just a race track specific version not for public sale...

This body kit is definetely NOT the V2 kit...

The V1 kit was the original,

The V2 was based around the Nismo S-Tune GT car

soo....

The V3 could be based aroud this 380RS ... MAYBE...

but it is early stages for this model so I guess they want to try and sell the whole vehicle rather than individual parts.

It is a right pain for Europe because a lot of the nismo kit available in the rest of the world has not been validated or approved for use in Europe, (This is by Nismo themselves, therefore they do not oficially authorise the sale of these Nismo parts in Europe, which would then have to go through Nissan Motors GB)

Things like Exhausts, Dampers, Springs, Brakes, Clutches etc... have not been tested for the european market, so there cannot be any guarantee provided with them.

You have to think that as soon as you mention "Europe" people in Japan start thinking of much more severe usages ( we drive faster, specially germany, corner a lot more and harder than anywhere else, and generally give cars a more severe time and much more frequently than Japan or US (not only dirver styles, but also down to the roads we drive...)

We all just need to bend NISMO's ear and prove to them that we would spend loads'a money on their parts and they would probably test and developed them for Europe Oficially.

Get a JDM model, will hold value better than a US...purely on the fact that they build JDM with the steering wheel in the correct position... they have not yet got it right for US and other countries... :PAnd if you get it with this kit I think you will have one of the very few ( perhaps the only one in UK!?!?!?)

Thanks for the excellent replies, and thanks for all the 'welcomes' chaps, some good stuff in there to think about. I am aware of the 380RS of course, I do remember info about that model being available sooner or later, but didn't know about it being available over here?

I didn't realise, although I should have thought about it having watched the 'Fast and the Furious' movies enough, Doh! about the RHD position, I saw the Nismo Z and saw it was a limited edition model which made my eyes light up I must admit, so i guess if I want one I should make some tentative enquiries with importers, or as I have already said, forget that and get a UK model with the Nismo kit and wheel options, which still looks rather nice.

Just got to choose a colour now! :scare:

Thanks again! :thumbs:

Thanks for the excellent replies, and thanks for all the 'welcomes' chaps, some good stuff in there to think about. I am aware of the 380RS of course, I do remember info about that model being available sooner or later, but didn't know about it being available over here?

I didn't realise, although I should have thought about it having watched the 'Fast and the Furious' movies enough, Doh! about the RHD position, I saw the Nismo Z and saw it was a limited edition model which made my eyes light up I must admit, so i guess if I want one I should make some tentative enquiries with importers, or as I have already said, forget that and get a UK model with the Nismo kit and wheel options, which still looks rather nice.

Just got to choose a colour now! :scare:

Thanks again! :thumbs:

And only get a Kuro if you love polishing and are prepared to vacuum the road before you use it. :scare::scare: