Is this a torn bush? (Banana arm)

Rocky4510

Before I spend the money I just wanna see if anyone can confirm that the bush is worn, I've been told that my knocking noice could be a couple of things but I think I'll replace the BA's first..

yvere3eg.jpg

e5eba7yn.jpg

On the first picture you can see some fresh black rubber by the looks of it, is that a sign of a worn bush?

Sent from Tapatalk

You will only get a knock from the bush if the arm is touching the sub frame.

Alex. :)

Not even if the ball joint is gone? It's a very loud rattle when driving on uneven road from both sides of the front wheels. One mechanic said he thinks it's the something on the top of the shocks that's knackered? But he guessed that without looking and because he couldn't find anything obvious underneath

Sent from Tapatalk

A compression rod ball joint knock is completely different from a compression rod bushing knock.

It after an informed inspection no fault is obvious then it will be the compression rod ball joint that is giving the knock.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thread resurrection....

These are mine. They don't look standard and both seem ok but I've got the dreaded knocking/creaking coming from the front left. Replaced the drop links but it's still there... Thinking it could be ball joint or maybe arb bushes?

zjyte6.jpg

8WYrXs.jpg

Edited by C-Fed

Was actually quite surprised seeing that someone went to the effort of changing the bushes first for some polly efforts (if they are indeed that? )... Cars only got 55k on clock and totally standard!

Edited by C-Fed