350z vs Boxster S

SunGodRA

oh was it? whats the point in that? surey then its down to the balls (or interest of the other driver?)

"I outran this fella........" doesnt prove anything to me as he might not be interested in such childish games on the public highway, might not have the ability or might not have seen the boy racer trying to race you.

As far as I know the speed limit is 70, no restiction on how fast you get there. Clear dual carriageway and he admits he knew I was behind him.

As for the boy racer :wheelchair: and clean licence for 25 years :bleh:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly - and I am confident I am a better driver (I'm going to look a right pratt now if I lose!)

Track day at Brands £199 each - £500 wager - new set of tyres after - could be an expensive day - but what the hell :boxing:

Sorry I didnt see this post when I last commented. You provide the Boxster S and I promise to run rings round you. ;)

....is that with or without a supercharger? :dry:

Exactly - and I am confident I am a better driver (I'm going to look a right pratt now if I lose!)

Track day at Brands £199 each - £500 wager - new set of tyres after - could be an expensive day - but what the hell :boxing:

Nice one - Brands is an awesome track. Are you doing the GP or the Indy circuit?

Your tyres won't be knackered after a single track day unless they're marginal to start with (and you'd be daft to start a track day on marginal tyres). You will overheat the brake fluid though if it's still standard - RBF600 improves things no end.

When I've been to Brands they've been quite fussy about camera mounts - i.e. it has to be on a proper mount (not sucker mounted to the windscreen). That might vary by organiser though.

I reckon it's all going to come down to the driver. Don't let us down!

Funnily enough I was reading the Evo lap times around Bedford this morning whilst on the throne.

I noticed that the Boxster S was several seconds faster than the 350Z. That was the new 2007 Zed and I think the latest boxster too. Got me thinking about getting a T350C....saw onle the other day and was very B)

I must admit I do like the lastest evolution of the Boxster, much more than the earlier ones.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it may help when making comparisons:-

http://www.track-challenge.com/main_e.asp

Note the times are given for both Hockenheim and Nurburgring, and the Porker S is a 1999 vintage (252PS)..

Obviously the most unbiased way is as per Dash (and others input) - same driver, same track, two cars..

Plenty of other nice data in there for the anoracks amongst us :lol:

Chaps do not have a porker but I do have something i'am wiling to take around a track to see who is quicker than a Zed. I only paid half as much for this car than I did for my Zed and I am giving you 80-109 BHP advantage.

Anyone fancy Croix, http://www.circuitdriver.com/guides/croix.asp if I am not 10% quicker round it than a zed I will pay for your track time. (no professional drivers please)

Steve

Chaps do not have a porker but I do have something i'am wiling to take around a track to see who is quicker than a Zed. I only paid half as much for this car than I did for my Zed and I am giving you 80-109 BHP advantage.

Anyone fancy Croix, http://www.circuitdriver.com/guides/croix.asp if I am not 10% quicker round it than a zed I will pay for your track time. (no professional drivers please)

Steve

I think i know where you are coming from, I wont be up for this unless i can have the same car as yours ;)

I think you're all being silly :p

I bet if you could ignore your preconceptions ( and badge prejudice ) every last one of you would enjoy a Boxster S.

They are a cracking car to drive, a real sportscar, and forget the notion that it's a poor mans 911 because thats just Clarkson talking.

This all started over friendly banter with a colleague of mine on a bored Friday afternoon - its not about which car is best etc - its just going to be a fun track day with a wager - all I wanted to know was what my chances were performance wise - and I think after reading all the many posts the cars are relatively evenly match so it will be down to our individual driving skills!

Provisionally looking at Brands Indy on 9th October

Enjoy yourself as its all about having a great time.

Only done brands twice, once GP and once indy once.

Paddock hill dips much more than you think, if you do it with traction on expect some odd behaviour as the Z does not like the imbalance.

Just be very careful on first few laps and you will have on the most adicitive times of your life.

Top get an advantage have a look at some vid's on the net eg

PS not me....

Funnily enough I was reading the Evo lap times around Bedford this morning whilst on the throne.

I noticed that the Boxster S was several seconds faster than the 350Z. That was the new 2007 Zed and I think the latest boxster too.

Mark,

I was thinking about the same thing, and I've just checked the latest copy. They've revised the 350z time with latest car. Around the same Bedford West circuit and now both in the dry using the latest versions of each car is:

Porsche Boxster S 1.28:55 with peak speed of 101.9 MPH

Nissan 350z 1.29.10 with peak speed of 104.4 MPH

So you right when you all say a nat's chuff in it, but not several seconds now. That margin is slim enough to change with the same driver on the same day etc....... but still think the boxster is probably slightler faster around a track. Not sure on straight road though!

Enjoy yourself as its all about having a great time.

Only done brands twice, once GP and once indy once.

Paddock hill dips much more than you think, if you do it with traction on expect some odd behaviour as the Z does not like the imbalance.

Just be very careful on first few laps and you will have on the most adicitive times of your life.

Top get an advantage have a look at some vid's on the net eg

PS not me....

You have PM Steve.

I can lend you "circuit guides" if you want. Is good if you have not been on track before as gives lines-speed help.

Will be passing maidstone on friday night on way to speed ferries.

Go for it mate. A little bit of insider knowledge never hurt anybody! :lol:

One of my best friends has a Boxter S, 04 plate i think with GT3 alloys. I wasn't sure of having a ragtop but once you get past the feeling of everyone looking at you its a blast. I aint so keen on the interior and it doesn't feel as emotional as driving my Zed, the engine was just too linear. But ive got to say that its nice to drive, steering is light until weighted up and performance wise its very similar to the Zed. Like others have said, it'll be down to the driver, it didn't feel any faster than my car anyway, the differences would be marginal.