E-Bay 'Y' Pipes.

Floydbax

At half the price of any other branded Y pipe, I'd say they won't last very long corrosion wise.

What would cause it to corrode if its made from the same metals as the branded pipes?

Because it probably won't be made from the same metals. If this was 20% or so cheaper than Cobra etc, then I think the quality might be up there, just saving on labour by making them in Asia, but at less than half the price, something smells dodgy.

I've heard of companies selling S/S and aluminium as whatever grade, only for people to find out that they are infact a much inferior metal.

If you're looking for a 'cheaper' (avoiding the word 'budget') option, have a Y pipe made by a local exhaust fabrication place.

Mine was £200 all in with 2x flexis but have seen others have them made for £150 upwards. Then if you do have any issues, just go back and see them. You won't have that option with an eBay item.

So anybody with actual experience and not hearsay apart from Bradders? (Thanks B man) For that price they can corrode all they like if they last a couple of years!! :lol:

Yah thanks I4N - I have am awesome place near me in Macclesfield I have used before and when I get my act together I will get them to make me a cat - back system, just now 'tho I'm only after a quick, cheap fix 'Y' pipe and these two seem to fit that bill. I'm wondering if anyone from real-life experience knows which of the two designs is the better one? Abbey/Alex?? :)

On the cheap metal debate - I had a full HKS Super Drager system on my FTO, £800 + fitting on top!! It rusted away over a few years, the place in Macc (JP Exhausts) made me a full custom system, better sound and performance than the HKS for £400 fitted!! That lasted over 10 years with no attention to it whatsoever!! ;)

Edited by Floydbax

Got the one in the second link fitted on mine , it's only been on about 6 weeks but my mid pipe and back box are from the same people and been fitted for well over 3 years with no problems at all.

Ignore the exhaust snobbery and get it if that's what you want :)

• Like 4

I have something similar on at the moment...think it was for around 140-150 mark. Had it for a year and last time I was under the car -still looks brand new!

Also that company on ebay(can't find link at the mo, but was posted on forum before) gives life time warranty on pipes and 3 year warranty on welds (or something like that, as i remember it was pretty good warranties from a company with good feedback)

So far, im happy with it! Especially at half of price campared to others!

Edited by Vlad
  • Like 1

Lots of people jump on the ebay hate band wagon, people actually havn't experienced them but because previous rumours have showed horror stories they assume its all shite. But i've had no issue with them i used their whole turbo kit to do my del sol worked a treat even after everyone saying ebay turbo's dont last i thought for the price if it blows it blows, lasted well over 9000 miles in my hands and it still pulling strong for the new owner.

As for cobra etc.. its like buying a pair of shorts from primark and buying a pair of shorts from adidas, both probably made by the same kid in a factory in asia, but you pay more for the brand.

Thats just my 2 pence worth lol.

• Like 2

It's not snobbery and it's not jumping on the Bandwagon.

I have a custom made exhaust and Nangkang tyres - Hardly says I pay for the best/most expensive.

I was just giving friendly advice as you will find tons of posts on this forum with people having many issues with ToyoSports products.

By all means go a head and purchase, could be great! Just figured you'd like some feed back on the product for a 350z.

I wasn't having a dig or anything grundy, sorry if it came across that way :) Everyone seems to assume its all crap stuff but noones actually tried anything out. If i hadn't already had a custom Y pipe on my zed i would have gone straight to toyo as he seems to accept any offer i send him due to previous purchases lol

I wasn't having a dig or anything grundy, sorry if it came across that way :) Everyone seems to assume its all crap stuff but noones actually tried anything out. If i hadn't already had a custom Y pipe on my zed i would have gone straight to toyo as he seems to accept any offer i send him due to previous purchases lol

Didn't take your comment to heart bud :)

Just generally stating - There are a lot of people who are brand snobbery - I'm not one of them :) I just like to put a few comments out there where products have a bad reputation.

Saying that, my Custom Exhaust is from MIJ and there are a lot of negative reviews on them, some from this forum, however I've never had a problem with the 2 cars I've had this on.

Okay think I've just contradicted my self :lol:

Are those tyres on the new rear wheels or the old front wheels grundy? ;):teeth:

They are on my nice new expensive wheels :lol: They compliment them well ;)
  • Like 1

Im no brand whore either, im completely the opposite, in my eyes if it does the job and looks good, who cares if you paid 50% less than the next big brand. On some things yes its not good to skimp, but some things i cant justify spending £500 when i am 100% certain i know i can get something the same elsewhere for £250. The joys of being a tight git, i mean c'mon i changed my own clutch to save paying someone £150 lol.

Your second link, I bought just before Wales.

When it turned up it turned out it was Japspeed. Branded box and etching on the pipe.

I've put a different one on today as I found one cheap, but it was fine!

I was just giving friendly advice as you will find tons of posts on this forum with people having many issues with ToyoSports products.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/49893-unnamed-stailness-exhaust-ebay/

http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=36103

They seem to be a bit hit & miss with some people being very happy & others being extremely disappointed.

You don't get that when buying brands like Cobra, Milltek, Invidia and the like.

I remember when I was on CTRO (Civic Type R Owners forum) and a few members on there bought Toyosports exhausts which they had terrible problems fitting or couldn't get them fitted at all. :scare:

Personally I wouldn't touch any Toyosports products.

I've got one, along with their centre section and back box aswell.

I'm not trying to make myself feel better because I don't have a decent branded exhaust but, it sounds friggen excellent lol. I've had many compliments, I'm tempted to take off the resonator to see if it will "pop" a little more, but it allready pops pleanty and doesn't drone :)

Big problem tho, my fitment was baaaad. My first mechanic had a nightmare fitting it and done a horrible job, so I had to pay another guy to try straighten it which made it look a lot better, but it still isn't a perfect fit.

It's a long story but I ended up paying £70 for the y-pipe and getting the rest of the exhaust for free! Lol I'll write about it in my build thread at some point. But my advice is: he puts them up at a 0.99p start as one runs out, so just keep an eye on them instead of jumping in and paying £129. They tend to go for around £65-90

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 1