Rs2oo

Need a clutch

4 x tyres

Exhaust

MOT

Wipers

Service

Lottery win

I live near Gravesend Kent, anyone have any suggestions where I can get any of the above ? excluding MOT Dynes, and service Meopham Toyota Centre )

Ta

Edited by Rs2oo

Mmmmmm..... sell the car then buy it back a year later after all the work is done. A sound option but its such a great car I'm loathed to get shot. Cant take it to Le Mans this year as I cant afford to get it all done before June 11th! Ricey, not quite 2K but not far short about £1850 I reckon. Will have to sell the MX5 to cover it....

Just sell it and buy a later car.. :surrender:

^

This.......chucking 2k at the car there mate.

I suspect attempting to sell the car with those things needed will knock a significant amount off the market value (what ever that is) - would you buy one needing new tyres, clutch, leaking exhaust and no MoT..?

nothing out the ordinary there, just a bit unfortunate they've all hit at the same time! if you want to do it on the cheap you'd get by with £400 for tyres, secondhand standard exhaust off ebay for £100, and do the service yourself.

but once its all done, you should be good for at least a little while, although sounds like you might be around the new brake discs time as well if they haven't been done already!

Don't forget to budget for a flywheel - chances are it's past it's best if you're replacing the clutch as well. I'd say you're looking at about £2000-£2500 for all that lot depending on what particular parts you use.

I recommend Japex or CS from personal experience.

Edited by Nick350z

Think people are making this sound a lot worse than it really is....

The only expensive bit you have there is the clutch.

Flywheel - http://www.driftworks.com/driftworks-superfly-350z-vq35de-lightweight-chromoly-flywheel.html

Clutch - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Nissan_350Z_3.5_2004/p/car-parts/car-transmission/clutch-and-associated-parts/clutch-kit/?641701280&1&230bd4a98f9fb836228fe2322cd2454ef19cce46&000069

Tyres, just go Part Worns. No need to fork out Hundreds of ££ on new tyres when you have a mountain of a bill already.

You could get a full set of tyres for less than £200 to pass the MOT

Exhaust, £100-£200 for 2nd hand.

Service depends how in depth you want it.

Wipers = eBay.

• Like 1

I'm about 10-15 minutes away from you (Rochester) and would recommend you go to Kaizer Motors, Sly will sort you out. He recently done both clutch and flywheel for me recently and is local to both me and you.

I just bought these off Amazon £557 delivered:

2 of Michelin Pilot Super Sport - 225/45 R18 95Y Xl C/A/71 - Performance Summer Tyre

Sold by autoteilestore

Love the white writing on the outer tyre walls

Edited by addisj

Or you could go to a 40 profile tyre; all four Goodyear Eagle F1 A2s would cost you about £460 from Love Tyres, and I'm really pleased with how they have been on my car :)

Or you could go to a 40 profile tyre; all four Goodyear Eagle F1 A2s would cost you about £460 from Love Tyres, and I'm really pleased with how they have been on my car :)

sounds like a deal to me.