nismo graphics kit

madmikester

OK, Thats pretty much what ive done, colour options and mixes (at the mo its just 2 colour) are pretty much whatever you want at the mo so based on two colours for id like your suggestions as i want this to be a personal touch type of thing for your personal zed!! Other kits may have 3 colours so your suggestions on that would be good too.

ive sort of copied the main shape of the 'madmikester' stripe but without the 'rear squares' at the mo as i dont want to be murdered for copywrite lol...im going to do 2 or three different kits, all will consist of 2 x side stripes and one bonnet decal...i think.

The first one ive done is quite understated ie more subtle but i'll design the others with a bit more going on if you know what i mean!!

At the end of the day id like to design these kits with you guys and your own zeds in mind, i like the idea of your input so you can say 'i had a part in designing this' via this zed forum...obviously im not superman so keep your ideas reasonable and remember i have to create these which in itself takes a while in man hours!!...and i want to keep the cost at a good price...unlike most 'official' kits that seem to cost an earth.

One good thing im gonna do it make these in bubble free wrapping vinyls as many of you wont be overly confident in applying the kits. Bubble free vinyl does what it says and should you get a bubble or two, you can work them out with your finger....so no having to pop them with a blade!!

Its a slightly more expensive vinyl but i think its worth doing.

I'll post a pic of my first design as soon as its finished and we can go from there, i can see what you think and also see if its worth doing depending on how many would be interested.

Thanks guys. ;)

• Like 1

For me I really wanted the nismo style with the little boxes. Maybe with an alternative colour in the red bit.

wouldnt have thought copyright should be much of an issue, never seen them for sale in this country and provided you didn't have a nismo logo sticker you should be fine.

Having said that I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Bubble free sounds like a good call :)

• Like 1

For me I really wanted the nismo style with the little boxes. Maybe with an alternative colour in the red bit.

wouldnt have thought copyright should be much of an issue, never seen them for sale in this country and provided you didn't have a nismo logo sticker you should be fine.

Having said that I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Bubble free sounds like a good call :)

I'll do something very similar but ideally id like the original kit to copy in the flesh as its hard to copy it from the pictures on the net, mainly as i cant find any proper side view photos or any photos of the kit before its on the car grrr

Ahhh thats a cool model!! Yup looks pretty similar to what ive done, thanks for that...definitely gonna use the bonnet as a guide.

I posted what ive done so far...a couple of posts before this. Thanks for posting these, it all helps!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Looks really good. It'd be interesting to see it on a car. Unfortunately I'm not ready yet, getting mine resprayed in a few weeks. I'd probably be interested in swapping the red for blue or something similar.

I can do variations on the colours, thats not a problem.

Do you not think it's a little bit lame, LITERALLY copying someone else's design?

"Oh cool graphics mate!"

"Yeah, they were made by some guy in his shed in sussex"

"So you've got fake nismo graphics?"

"Yeah, but I saved a few quid."

Surely it would be much better to take the nismo ones as inspiration, mix it up a touch and then have 10-15 people driving round with your hard work on their cars? Instead of your work you can't really take credit for, because all you've done is copy it?

Take Wasso as a prime example. He didn't like aspects of the motordyne plenum spacer, so he took one, improved on it and made it his own, now he sells it. A "Wasso spacer" is far more desirable than a motordyne one on this forum now.

Aliveboy. I agree with some of your points, however for the record this isnt "just some guy in his shed in Sussex". This is one of the best qualified vehicle wrappers in the South East operating from an established design and wrapping company in the heart of Sussex doing something for the love of his car marque and for those that want some graphics to benfit from.

Payco

• Like 1

Aliveboy. I agree with some of your points, however for the record this isnt "just some guy in his shed in Sussex". This is one of the best qualified vehicle wrappers in the South East operating from an established design and wrapping company in the heart of Sussex doing something for the love of his car marque and for those that want some graphics to benfit from.

Payco

Agree - and there are other colours being looked at as well as suggestion to include the forum logo. When someone takes the time and effort and is essentially working on feedback from other members they should be supported and as regards lame - each to their own, if you dont like it then don't do it

Alternatively

"Oh Cool Graphics mate"

" Thanks - these are replicas as the originals are very rare. One of our forum members took it upon himself to reproduce for the guys who wanted a set and couldn't trace any "

• Like 1

Nismo graphics are very hard to get hold of. I've produced these graphics so that people CAN get hold of them. I was asked. I also said I'd come up with my own kits if people were interested. This is a forum. Forums are places where enthusiasts go to get advice and help. I'm trying to help and give something back to this forum...as it has helped me greatly. Also, my kits will be an improvement on the original kit. And just for the record, I don't operate out of a shed and am not claiming I designed the nismo kit. I've copied it and made it better. Surely that's a good thing.

• Like 2