Asian Giant Hornet

Jetpilot

We live next to the woods, and regularly get wasps building nests in the house or shed walls or in the ground... particularly creepy hearing the munching of floorboards at night time...

Mostly they are OK and we live and let live (wasps are good for the environment really - it's usually only when they become unemployed washed up alcoholics at the end of the year that they start trouble).

However, last year I made a kennel for one of our dogs and sadly had to clear a nest out of the ground.

One sting later...

8bf8d29ae7eef07752607e8c5ffb4dae.jpg

My hand does not normally look like that :scare:

I have seen hornets before and can safely say this was nothing like it!

Maybe you should report it to DEFRA. I know they've been heading up through France so maybe they've arrived. Apparently about 20-30 people a year are killed by the stings in Japan but the main problem is that they can decimate the honey bee population, killing as many as 40 a minute :scare: . Thinking about it I don't think I've ever seen a hornet.

Pete

Oh my god, I hate wasps, if I saw one of them I would pass out. I'm a big of a wimp with flying stingy things but I love bees. Bees are awesome.

I agree. Bees are cool.

Plus a million for Bees! Love em. Cute little critters!