Remember the 90s?

Stutopia

I recently ordered this a fun gift for a mate's birthday. It has the double bonus of being both massively Partridge (if you're a fan, you'll know) and also (like most lads that age) we were huge Jet fans back in the day. She stirred something in my adolescent self that I didn't fully understand at the time :cloud9: Back then there was no internet to order stuff like this (imagine no internet young 'uns :scare:). Anyway I was so excited when it arrived, I just had to share it. If it hadn't felt too creepy ordering two, I'd have got one for myslef :lol: Isn't the internet brilliant?

I may now try and find some Spliffy jeans, a Global Hypercolour tee, a Naf Naf bomber jacket and some Kickers with white socks to complete the trip down memory lane, then rock out to some SL2 - On A Ragga Tip :lol:

Do you have a guilty 90s pleasure to share with the group? Photos would be epic...

Jet..... My god she was hot. Didn't another Gladiater (called Hunter maybe?) knock about with her? Lucky git.

Last time I saw a picture of her she still looked good.

I'm sure there was a rumour about Hunter and Ulrika ka ka ka, but not Jet. Hunter was a massive cheesed!ck. Sorry if Hunter is anyone's mate :lol:

ok who remembers this cracker of a game?

Paperboy_-_1984_-_Atari_zps3f813e4c.jpg

Paperboy?

Those graphics remind me of California Games on the Atari Lynx.

Does anyone remember a quiz show that had Paperboy on it as a final challenge? I can't remember the name of it but I know a dark haired lady used to present it.

Christ I'm getting all emotional here. First Jet, then Desert Strike and now Paperboy. Time to break out the Amiga, load up Xenon 2 Megablast and relive the glory years!

it was paper boy , I was addicted to this and california games....also remember that turtle thing where you have to put codes in and moves round the screen and it draws a line where its been, pointless but NASA stuff back then :lol:

I remember typing lines of instructions trying to get it to draw a circle. Some sort of REPEAT that worked through 360 different moves. Took minutes to draw. That thing couldn't even run the calculator app on my iPhone these days :lol:

The 90s to me were all about grunge :)

Boo ~ you greebo. :lol::stir:

It was mainly about "Happy Hardcore" for me & my mates. :lol: Not to mention the Prodigy and dance music. B)

lol

Trendy freaks lol. But then weirdly ended up into dance music in uni. Odd.

• Like 1

The 90s were all about the raves ...... orbit, after dark at morley Leeds, wigan pier, shack at Blackpool then there was another awesome place in Stoke that just escapes me! I think you lot were too young to really appreciate the 90s by the sounds lol!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone else here have a pager?

I thought I was so cool with my Vodafone Zap pager. :lol: Only ever gave me phone numbers so once I got the message I had to ring it from a phone box to see who it was.

Then came the affordable mobile phone. It was 97/98 I believe when I got my first mobile ~ "Pay as you go" NEC phone in silver.

Similar to the picture below;

002907_1.jpg

And all it did was make phone calls and hold your contacts but that was bl**dy cool as I never needed to carry change for a phone box again. :lol:

The 90s were all about the raves ...... orbit, after dark at morley Leeds, wigan pier, shack at Blackpool then there was another awesome place in Stoke that just escapes me! I think you lot were too young to really appreciate the 90s by the sounds lol!

I used to decorate my room with flyers from a load of those, but I was far too young to be at a rave, not to mention there weren't many in the Lakes where I grew up :lol:

I had tapes from Fantazia: The Big Bang, Rezerection, with acts like DJ Slipmatt, Ultrasonic, Rat Pack, The Time Frequency, Alern 8, Utah Saints...

Edited by SuperStu

I used to decorate my room with flyers from a load of those, but I was far too young to be at a rave, not to mention there weren't many in the Lakes where I grew up :lol:

I had tapes from Fantazia: The Big Bang, Rezerection, DJ Slipmatt, Ultrasonic, Rat Pack, The Time Frequency, Alern 8, Utah Saints...

I did that too. :blush::lol:

DJ SY was good, Brandon Block, Ramos, Dougal & Vibes, Danny Rampling, Vibes, Hixxy & Sharkey ~ so many memories flooding back. :D

I've been raving before too Tigerzed. :kicking: Best one I went to though was in the year 99/2000 I think it was at the Cardiff NEC ~ 12 hour New Years Eve rave. :king:

Went to a couple of illegal raves too.

Edited by GMballistic

I had tapes from Fantazia: The Big Bang, Rezerection, DJ Slipmatt, Ultrasonic, Rat Pack, The Time Frequency, Alern 8, Utah Saints...

I did that too. :blush::lol:

DJ SY was good, Brandon Block, Ramos, Dougal & Vibes, Danny Rampling, Vibes, Hixxy & Sharkey ~ so many memories flooding back. :D

I've been raving before too Tigerzed. :kicking: Best one I went to though was in the year 99/2000 I think it was at the Cardiff NEC ~ 12 hour New Years Eve rave. :king:

Went to a couple of illegal raves too.

Illegal raves in the woods?? They used to have them around us :thumbs:

Out of the rave straight to the nearest service station to carry it on! Called off one time after a night at the shack and the coppers were waiting there were cars flying in all directions wraps and all sorts flying out of car windows :scare: :scare: Spent the following week bricking it incase they were taking reg Nos! :lol:

Out of the rave straight to the nearest service station to carry it on! Called off one time after a night at the shack and the coppers were waiting there were cars flying in all directions wraps and all sorts flying out of car windows :scare: :scare: Spent the following week bricking it incase they were taking reg Nos! :lol:

Proper couple in fields up in Lincolnshire where my cousins live ~ locally was more like just big parties around fires in the fields/hills/woods. :lol:

Also remember running my battery flat in my first car a few times because we had the interior lights on so we could skin up, :surrender::ninja: ...erhhm I mean because we where listening to music and doing nothing illegal. :glare:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Talking of phones I remember when I got a Nokia 3210 with....predictive text. Truly mind boggling stuff back then.

I remember switching off predictive text at first, it was too freaky :lol:

I had tapes from Fantazia: The Big Bang, Rezerection, with acts like DJ Slipmatt, Ultrasonic, Rat Pack, The Time Frequency, Alern 8, Utah Saints...

Shame you missed out mate! I'm more of a metal head myself so wasn't too keen on the DJs, I was there for the ambience and to meet new people :lol:;):teeth:

That said I do remember hearing Faithless Insomnia for the first time in a rave in Blackpool and thinking it was the dogs!

• Like 1

Proper couple in fields up in Lincolnshire where my cousins live ~ locally was more like just big parties around fires in the fields/hills/woods. :lol:

Also remember running my battery flat in my first car a few times because we had the interior lights on so we could skin up, :surrender::ninja: ...erhhm I mean because we where listening to music and doing nothing illegal. :glare:

:lol:

Sound like my kind of lad! I used to like to do nothing illegal regularly in my youth and my mate grew nothing illegal in his shed in Castleford :teeth:

• Like 1