New Zed Day! Picking her up tonight

addisj

Wheels will make a big difference, I went from those touring wheels to some Volks Racing wheels, lets just say the difference in weight and subsequently handling is very noticable

interesting.. I got bad results handling wise in the past when changing wheels from stock. Did you get them in the same dimentions as the standard wheels?

Well I got some which were slightly wider but maintained the correct rolling diameter and a sensible offset (19s but with lower profile tyres). But it reduced unsprung weight by about 60% which is better for the car, I would have thought. Also if you buy crap off ebay and not proper branded wheels you are probably getting something that will not improve the handling (although look better)

Edited by coldel

Cheers guys!

Yes a stubby and some new wheels!

I would like to get the bolster repaired as its the only thing that lets the interior down. Do you think i should get it repaired or look for a second hand seat?

Good man! Looks tidy.

You never know - you might end up with bits from mine afterall..LOL (Wheels , stubby and other bits.......)

First dibs please!

No worries mate. Hopefully the car will go as is...but if not I will give you a shout. :D

Cheers guys!

Yes a stubby and some new wheels!

I would like to get the bolster repaired as its the only thing that lets the interior down. Do you think i should get it repaired or look for a second hand seat?

Yes get it repaired. Rays are always a good bet on wheels

regularly a set on here for sale for a good price, unless you want to go aftermarket

in which case talk to some of the traders on here. :thumbs:

Can i just say one thing with the clutch, when i bought mine a couple weeks back, similar to yours, no clutch change we done a 25mph, 6th gear foot down and it was fine, but 100 miles into my journey coming home, the clutch went! and its cost me £560 so far and thats just parts! so make sure your 100% on the clutch!

Ouch! geez that was bad luck, sorry to hear that.

All I know is that it has never been replaced and has covered 57k miles. it feels fine. All 4 Zeds I have driven have a high biting point so I can't go on that either.

I might get an oil change and an inspection at MOT time in a month from now.

My clutch passed all the above mentioned tests when I test drove it, then 2k miles later at 41k miles it went - unfortunately it really is hit and miss with clutches on these cars, some last 40k miles some go to 100k depending on how the clutch has been treated in the past.

• Like 1

Yes £400 for Rays is ok and doable. I got very lucky and got an excellent set for quite a bit less than that but that was just timing and circumstance (a seller who had to get them out his garage in very short order).

:welcome: and enjoy your new Z....will keep an eye out for you down Surrey way (that's where I work) :)

Ah OK, well gimme a wave if you see me! I'm usually around Coulsdon/Purley

Oh, I'm more Woking/Guildford way but hubby is Rickmansworth so you may still meet the Z on the M25 ;)

bah... first day of ownership and I get a door dent from a BMW. !$&%)!"

Welcome , nice looking zed! I'm always careful when parking mine and always take two spaces when I can. The Zeds got a big booty ! Haha. Still managed to get a couple of dings though :-(