Going to spa in the zed :D

Roscoe

It's official! I'm going to spa in the zed in September 8th -9th on a two day trackday even though I'm only doing one of the days on track in the zed.

Leaving on the Sunday evening in a convoy with the following;

M3 x2

991 gt3

997 gts

Mclaren 650s

Lotus exige

Ferrari 458

997 gt3

Megane r26r

996 turbo

Lotus evora.

As you can tell I'm pretty excited about it. This will be the first track day I've done in the zed, done 3 before in my previous track s14a also uncles 997 gt3 which has now been replaced with the engineless 991 gt3 in the list above!

Obviously as my zed is standard I will be careful, I'm running spacers at the moment is it going to be worth taking them off for the trackday as although it makes the car look better I don't feel she feels as nimble with them on. I'm running 0-40 motul oil, standard diff and gearbox oils + coolant. Motul dot 4 brake fluid, I also need to get my clutch fluid flushed with high temp stuff.

Running hawk pads on standard discs

Any other preparation suggestions will be appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AA or RAC recovery in place would be a plan.

Perhaps track insurance.

Besides that, just make sure that your car is in good shape and that the levels are good and that you are using the correct fluids throughout.

Tyres and brake pads should be in good shape.

A few tins of tyre weld will not go amiss in case of punctures.

Over temperature brakes could be your biggest issue, and with your present set up you may have to drive with a bit of mechanical sympathy with plenty of warm up and cool down laps.

Also. if you want to be proactive, stick on a new external slave and braided line and flush through with Motul RBF 600/660 or similar fluid.

But most of all, have fun and enjoy.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

Same as you would for any other trackday really, if you've already done sone then you know the craic by now.

Be careful at the end of Kemmel, I've had moments there in both the MR2 and the Impreza. You'll probably find (judging by your companions) you'll be one of the slowest things there, which means that you'll want to stay right once you're out of Eau Rouge to avoid faster cars punting into the back of you. You won't really gain or lose anything by doing so, and you'll help keep the track safer for everyone else.

Buy fuel on site, it's cheaper there than outside the circuit bizarrely.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, forgot to mention Alex it's a HR isn't the slave inside the box? I've only had the pedal sink slightly once last year on a very hot day. I'm hoping a fluid change will help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex, does the HR benefit from a braided clutch line? Going to flush mine out with RBF600 at some point and might swap the line whilst I'm there.

Yes, your HR will benefit from a braided line, however best to uprate the concentric slave at the same time.

The kit is circa £300.00

Alex :)

• 1 month later...