Giffgaff -any good?

twobears

I want a new iPhone and am hoping to wait until the iPhone 6 is launched but I might have to buy a 5 instead because my current phone has started playing up :( I've always had a contract but I'm not a 'heavy user' so was wondering about buying the phone and getting a sim from giffgaff. Does anyone use them and are they any good?

They piggy back the O2 network same as Tesco, and you buy 'goodie bags' each month and change as you like.

My son uses them and has had no problems.

Think Chris`I used to use them as well.

I use GiffGaff, basically the same network as O2, so decent coverage and really cheap. Can't go wrong really. I'd never get another phone on contract now, just seems stupid when you can buy your own phone and pay £10 a month.

Ye my Son used them at Uni as well, just bought a second hand iPhone

and had a sim only deal.

I have a sim only deal with Vodafone for

400 mins, unlimited text, 1 gig data, 100 pic messages, BT Openzone ,

and something else for, £9,50 per month. :thumbs:

The entire network or SMS ability can die every now and then, like maybe once every 6 months for 4-12 hours. So if it's for personal use it's fine, for business use I wouldn't have one.

For the price and lack of contract, can't really argue!

I've been with Giffgaff years now, I'd defiantly recommend it for price and useage, saves me a fortune!

Signal and 3G ain't bad, I'm a courier and there are quite a few parts of the uk where I get bad signal, but my iPhone 4 is kinda beat now so that might be part of the problem lol.

I've known Giffgaff to crash about twice since I've been with them, they fixed the problem fairly sharpish and even compensated everyone! (Not much mind you, but it's the thought that counts :))

Sent from Tapatalk

I got a giff gaff data sim for my ipad, cheap as chips and service has been top (since I removed the adult content block) :shameface:

Only negative for me, they won't let you tether for free.

I got a giff gaff data sim for my ipad, cheap as chips and service has been top (since I removed the adult content block) :shameface:

I'm sure you can tether for free with a phone contract? At least, I've never been charged... :shrug:

I'm sure you can tether for free with a phone contract? At least, I've never been charged... :shrug:

Could well be for phone deals.