2013 370z sport track build :)

Little update...

Next 2 feet are done bringing me back passed the front tires. Also finished up one side blade that runs all the way back to the rear tire. Now just gotta copy this piece to the passenger side and install a center section.

Sadly the W brace hangs lower than anything. If I installed the panels to the brace the flat bottom wouldn't be flat. Instead of tapering up going back it'd actually taper down which would make the bottom 100% want to take off like a airplane and that wouldn't be good. So everything will be flat down there but the W brace. It'll just have to stick out some.

image.jpg1_zpsog9lnanv.jpg

image_zpsj6l87zu3.jpeg

image_zpsl34uldd8.jpeg

image_zpsjqvxrvsm.jpeg

Both sides done. I've decided not to use the same material to cover the center section. I'm going to try and save weight. I used the dibond for the sides for strength as they stick out pretty far but the center will be just thin aluminium. I also did access holes for my jacks and I'll be using the same thin aluminium to make removable plates for these holes. Last I had some black vinyl around so I wrapped the sides to blend into the side skirts.

image.jpg1_zpsi8wosgh2.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsilcy8fkr.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsxwzrizv4.jpg

It's not done yet, all the self tapping screws will be replaced with rivets holding the fins on. Also going to paint it black with the tips of the fins painted red.

Also cut the fins back 5.5" as it was to low and now I have 2.75" clearance just like my front spitter.

There's a diff cooler under there with a cage I built thats bolted to the underside of the car at the same angle, there's 4 self tapping screws to that. Then I have 4 brackets with 1x1/8" plate holding the back end and sides up which is bolted to the rear crash bar and the side body of the car. Then I have a bunch of self tappers into the bumper and stuff holding it all down snug.

image.jpg1_zpsmtuims18.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsbewgboel.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsnsossthk.jpg

image.jpg4_zps38odlqhb.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsfin0hdlm.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsumvdjzlx.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsa4y9cl67.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsxluoqmlk.jpg

Side exit all done and gas tank.

ok finally got the tank back. starting painting tomorrow as i got home late. plan is rustoleum rubber undercoat paint. heres some pics...

ok first pic shows where we mounted the drivers side level sensor. as you can see it floats up opposite of the main fuel pump sensor so they wont hit each other.

tank_zpstmoecymw.jpg

next two pics is the bracket i talked him into making. the drivers level sensor was cut off and two nuts and bolts were used to hold it to the bracket welded to the top of the tank.

tank2_zpskvrazddd.jpg

tank3_zpsdr7kvnof.jpg

inside tank.

tank4_zpsrrmntd9v.jpg

outside tank

tank8_zpsjnzpy5fl.jpg

and last the connector that lets you bring wires out of the tank and clamps it all together for a seal.

tank5_zpss0zysg8q.jpg

tank6_zps04ck9bnt.jpg

tank7_zpsgf8mtyb1.jpg

Side exit...

So what we did was cut a 4" hole through the frame rail. As this will weaken the frame what Jon did was take a thick thick thick piece of SS sheet steel and roll it into a perfect tube and weld the seam. Then he remeved the wide body and side skirt and welded the 4" tube to both sides of the frame rail all around. On the inside he then used some plate steel to solidly strengthen that even more.

Next he built the CBE. First i used the Motordyne XYZ pipe that ends in 3". We used his V band clamp and welded that to the XYZ pipe and to a 18" long inline res. then it has 90ish degree bend to another inline res but this one instead of a bottle type is Vibrants ultra quiet straight through res. its really just a bigger oval res vs a smaller perfect circle res. then he used another flex coupler. Now i know the xyz pipe has 2 flex already but the reason he used a 3" flex right before it goes through the frame is because that section is solidly bolted to the frame rail. Reason he did that is we didnt want a 3" pipe banging inside a 4" pipe. The last bit of 3" pipe going through the frame through the 4" pipe has a 600 degree silicone coupler around it and DEI titanium wrap around it filling the 1/2" gap solidly. The exhaust tip if you will is solid and going no where!! Now to remove he used a band strap on the ultra quiet res to the flex coulper and of course remove the v band up front.

Thoughts?? Its amazing!! The craftsmanship is A+!! The sound is 100% different than what i had but its good! Loud loud loud on start up but quiet during idle. Highway sounded good with little to zero drone and rasp is zero! Its very very deep and throaty! On start up it reminded me of a exhaust cutout but not while driving.

Cant wait to be tuned!! Car had a lot deleted and all new cai, new injectors, fuel etc so no WOT yet! Tune to come!!

image_zpskzfaw2fs.jpg

image_zps1m67amnn.jpg

image_zpsv0qxgw1q.jpg

image_zpsc4uazou1.jpg

image_zpsgurnzhno.jpg

image_zpsy33o5kgl.jpg

image_zpsvgoxycls.jpg

image_zps7eio57v4.jpg

Another look at the cbe underneath

image_zpsx8satudk.jpg

Edited by synolimit

• 2 weeks later...