couple of questions if I may

Fayelady_z

Hi guys, just a couple of things.

I am looking at getting one of them cool air feeds in the front bumper, where would I find a carbon fibre surround bit for it, and how easy is it to cut out and fit etc?

Thanks guys

Tarmac Does then - I think in GRP and CF

Easy to cut in as it is a plastic bumper - either double sided tape or tiger seal (or simlar) to hold in so easy - the hard part is getting it in exactly the right place and summoning up the courage to cut a hole in your bumper :lol:

EDIT: some have holes in each corner (mine) so just 4 self tappers

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

There's a template somewhere on the forum (who knows where, I'll try and find it) to help you cut the bumper in the correct place.

Bumper is easy to cut with a dremel.

There's a template somewhere on the forum (who knows where, I'll try and find it) to help you cut the bumper in the correct place.

Bumper is easy to cut with a dremel.

Most people have used a Dremmel to cut it out I think. Gives better control.

Tarmac Does then - I think in GRP and CF

Easy to cut in as it is a plastic bumper - either double sided tape or tiger seal (or simlar) to hold in so easy - the hard part is getting it in exactly the right place and summoning up the courage to cut a hole in your bumper :lol:

EDIT: some have holes in each corner (mine) so just 4 self tappers

Okay I will get someone to do it for me in our garage, I wanna know where to buy the surround too

Are they just for show, or do they help with cooling. ? :blush:

If you've got an induction kit and duct the nostril to the head of the induction kit I think they do.

Graham did it at one time I think

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They're all one piece aren't they? (i.e. no seperate surround).

Ohhh I see, I know a guy at ep racing I might ask him to do it as I dont think its worth risking diy is it, I might cut my whole bumper off by accident ha ha ha

I am looking at getting one of them cool air feeds in the front bumper, where would I find a carbon fibre surround bit for it, and how easy is it to cut out and fit etc?

Thanks guys

I brought my one on eBay from Hong Kong - I didn't realise Tarmac sold these :( it took quite a long time to get delivered and it's slightly warped (see my build thread in soggy for pics). I complained about it and got most of my money refunded, so I've just gotta somehow bend it back into shape

My advise would be buy one from Tarmac, I have the template so pop us a pm if you'd like me to send you it, it's quite a easy job!

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks guys

I brought my one on eBay from Hong Kong - I didn't realise Tarmac sold these :( it took quite a long time to get delivered and it's slightly warped (see my build thread in soggy for pics). I complained about it and got most of my money refunded, so I've just gotta somehow bend it back into shape

My advise would be buy one from Tarmac, I have the template so pop us a pm if you'd like me to send you it, it's quite a easy job!

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks very much! I've got the template so I'm good for that! Is tarmac a website?

Thanks guys

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks very much! I've got the template so I'm good for that! Is tarmac a website?

No problemo! Tarmac is a trader on here but yeah, there is a website. Search the name on the forum and click the link in his soggy for the website :thumbs:

Sent from Tapatalk

Looks it's our Honeymoon! Hai Wiffey! :wave:

You're mental :lol:

oh and Hi :lol:

Thanks guys

Sent from Tapatalk

No problemo! Tarmac is a trader on here but yeah, there is a website. Search the name on the forum and click the link in his soggy for the website :thumbs:

Sent from Tapatalk

You've got a thing about soggyness :lol:

tarmacsportz.co.uk and he's a trader on here :)

Thanks guys

Sent from Tapatalk

Sent from Tapatalk

Lol :( damn you autocorrect!

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks guys

Sent from Tapatalk

Sent from Tapatalk

Lol :( damn you autocorrect!

Sent from Tapatalk

Don't worry soggy, we'll forget to call you that... one day!! :D