Terraclean

anglais49

Interesting - I wonder how similar this is to just a normal 'engine flush' as I've had this done in the past and the process sounds kinda similar, although it didn't take as long as an hour and a half.

Edited by Exotic

Also take into account that most zed owners use super unleaded which is cleaner than normal unleaded so the engine will have less carbon build up inside. The fact that we boot them about a bit most drives also keeps them cleaner internally.

Yeah, good point. Mine has only ever had Optimax and Ultimate and gets plenty of boots to blow out the system ;)

I also do hardly any bumbling round town/sitting in traffic journeys, so ought to have less build up than most there too.

I know what I would have done with £108 burning a hole in my pocket.......................,.................................. Fill up and head out for some good local roads and enjoy a good hoon😎!

I have to do this once a month at least as my zed doesn't get a lot action most weeks(<50mpw)and I notice so much moisture in the oil which promptly disappears after a good seeing toðŸ‘. I would waste time with Terraclean or flushes for that matter.

The key to good engine life is:

- high quality fuel

- high quality oil and frequent changes(6-9k) depending on driving usage.

- mechanical sympathy

- good balance of mixed driving to keep everything in good condition.

• Like 1

Zed is tuned for 98 Ron fuel which has cleaning additives in it. The xk club have seen positive improvements but mainly because the early xks are all tuned for 95 Ron, with no cleaning additives.

I currently run a can of bg44k through my fuel tank once a year.

I'll be getting mine done at some point partly because my last mot saw a high carbon reading

The zeds are very clean generally. Again, using Seafoam, but did my celica on 100,000 miles ish & the cloud of smoke that came out of that was incredible. Kept smoking for about 15 mins aswell.

I did the zed on around 60,000 and there wasn't a cloud to be seen, just a few puffs and that was it. As RT says though, 98 RON fuel has cleaners in it, and its only ever been ran on premium fuel, generally Vpower.

For the North East guys.......Just been speaking to the guy who runs Revline in Whitley Bay (tel:0191 2517904) he'd be ok offering a small discount if he can get a few people interested.

He's also got a clip on YouTube if your interested

For the North East guys.......Just been speaking to the guy who runs Revline in Whitley Bay (tel:0191 2517904) he'd be ok offering a small discount if he can get a few people interested.

I watched the video, didn't understand a word he said.... :scare: :scare: :scare:

I watched the video, didn't understand a word he said.... :scare: :scare: :scare:

Divint worrie kidda he's takin geordie t ya. It's easy to understand if you've lived around here for two or three decades. He's quite posh by some standards :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I also found this on Wheeler Dealers and my ole China was the first person i'd seen using it, I'd never heard of it before. i get the impression that it would work better on smokey old high mileage diesels and petrol engines that had not had regular services. I think when my Zed hits 100K (which will be a while yet) i might give it a whirl but its well looked after with oil changes using 3in1, with a squirt of WD-40 every 3k and is always run on Shell 98ron V-Power or whatever they call it these days. There's only one Shell garage in my one horse town!!