370 General things to look over...

AMT

Boot failing to open properly when you press the boot release button (has occurred on all three of my 370Zs - you can either replace the springs or just live with opening the boot with two hands)

I thought this was just me not using the button properly.

• Like 1

Stop proving me wrong.... lol! It has a proper tyre pump?? Not one of those white gooey things thts fills it with stuff lol. Yes it is a bit more form than funtion with the brakes i guess. The mirrors are massive compared to my 350s tho! Anyway, I think ill drive one at some point see what its like. Will I feel anything majorly different in the drive compared to a 350? Lighter clutch or jst the same? Etc

Cheers for the replies by the way!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

It has a 12v pump in the boot as well as tyre sealant

Never driven a manual 370 I wanted the auto .

After all that has been mentioned above, my main bugs are;

AC light is in a stupid hidden location under the adjustment knob, so for a quick glance I have to slide down the seat a touch and look under the knob, very annoying.

Indicators are too quiet and that was before I had the ARK fitted, now their non existent.

A pillars are massive.

I sometimes open the centre console with my elbow.

I get 6MPG on track.

Something is loose in the boot lid, probably a weight or something and it fly's about when on track, as soon as you pull off a circuit it vanishes - completely.

You can't fit wind deflectors to the doors as they're pillar-less, besides the initial aesthetic bonus these would actually stop water coming in when you open the window an inch after its rained.

On occasion, for no apparent reason at all, it smells of burnt rubber or hot coolant pipes, this is un prompted too, so if I was 'making progress' and it smelt hot then I would understand but this just sort of happens then as soon as it arrived, it's gone.

Seats could be more supportive, large lumbers would be nice, they seem to just be half and half I feel at the moment. Half sport half budget Ford KA.

• Like 1

I would comment as follows

AC light is in a stupid hidden location under the adjustment knob, so for a quick glance I have to slide down the seat a touch and look under the knob, very annoying. - erm, not a problem for me :lol:

Indicators are too quiet and that was before I had the ARK fitted, now their non existent. - there is also a little flashing light on the dash :shrug:

A pillars are massive. - agreed :wacko:

I sometimes open the centre console with my elbow. - me too

I get 6MPG on track. - :wacko:

Something is loose in the boot lid, probably a weight or something and it fly's about when on track, as soon as you pull off a circuit it vanishes - completely. - that would be just yours then

You can't fit wind deflectors to the doors as they're pillar-less, besides the initial aesthetic bonus these would actually stop water coming in when you open the window an inch after its rained. - that would be nice

On occasion, for no apparent reason at all, it smells of burnt rubber or hot coolant pipes, this is un prompted too, so if I was 'making progress' and it smelt hot then I would understand but this just sort of happens then as soon as it arrived, it's gone. - again that would be just yours then

Seats could be more supportive, large lumbers would be nice, they seem to just be half and half I feel at the moment. Half sport half budget Ford KA. - for me these are some of the confiest seats I've sat in - fit me perfectly :blush:

• Like 1

Mine had that smell when I drove spiritedly but after I skimmed my discs and broke the glaze on the pads all round. No more smell however hard I drive.

When the discs and pads are glazed there is more heat generated and less bite.

AC light is in a stupid hidden location under the adjustment knob, so for a quick glance I have to slide down the seat a touch and look under the knob, very annoying. That was corrected with Connect Premium models that have the light top side of the knob. :thumbs:

Indicators are too quiet and that was before I had the ARK fitted, now their non existent. Having had a 350 before I would say the indicator warning is a just a tad louder on the 370 comapared to the 350. I don't have an issue with the Stillen that is a a favoured exhaust for normal road driving, but if pressing on yes the warning is ..er......drowned out :blush:

A pillars are massive. Not an issue for me, but being 6'2" the view out the back window is restricted by the black window surround such that the tops of following vehicles and what they have on the roof is restricted until I bend down slightly ;)

I sometimes open the centre console with my elbow. Clumsy! :lol:

I get 6MPG on track. Sounds about right - good to hear you are not holding back.

Something is loose in the boot lid, probably a weight or something and it fly's about when on track, as soon as you pull off a circuit it vanishes - completely. Must be a big nut to hear it with a helmet on :wacko:.

You can't fit wind deflectors to the doors as they're pillar-less, besides the initial aesthetic bonus these would actually stop water coming in when you open the window an inch after its rained. I would rather have rain gutters than wind deflecters - sorry :surrender: Will370z is the expert on rain getting in his 370....ah yes that is a roadster :lol:

On occasion, for no apparent reason at all, it smells of burnt rubber or hot coolant pipes, this is un prompted too, so if I was 'making progress' and it smelt hot then I would understand but this just sort of happens then as soon as it arrived, it's gone. You sure those smells arn't coming from the passenger seat ;)I get those too with spirited driving :lol:

Seats could be more supportive, large lumbers would be nice, they seem to just be half and half I feel at the moment. Half sport half budget Ford KA. I would agree to a point but that is only when you are pressing on and no doubt the track work accentutaes the issue.... but a full harness belt might help? :shrug:

But yes there irritating features - but have you ever come a cross a car that does not have some and I have found the 370 is a little more refined than the 350 but then again most of what you have mentioned above I would expect when tracking the car.

• Like 1

I saved up, bought the car, owned the car for over a year, have driven it across Europe a few times and have tracked it a number of times too.

I was simply suggesting a few things that bug me about it in the hope that apart from the usual things about 370's that come up in every other thread there might be some live with issues for the OP to consider, I'm sure he's smart enough to realise that some of these are personal issues.

It's not an invitation to defend everything about the car that I don't like, it's not going to convince me - Don't be offend by that please, FFS.

I know it's not a lightweight sports car, I bought a 370Z GT.

Also, worth pointing out, that I didn't come from a 350Z either, I came from a S2000.

That change of the AC light is fantastic BTW, I didn't know they'd changed that, much needed and delivered I feel.

I'm gunna get that thing out of the boot lid and show you, I recon it's the size of an iPhone, or at least it sounds that big when its on the move.

Overall, I think I was more happier, or had less niggles with my S2000, however, I suspect that is down to the fact that my S2000 almost cost me quarter of my 370Z so I will naturally look at it differently.

I'm still happy with the car though and wouldn't have bought anything else, as I feel it ticked and still does, the majority of boxes for me.

no-ones having a pop Suits - were agreeing with you on some and noting that others may (or may not) be just related to your car and your personal "issues".

Being "almost" half the height of of Ebized - I have different "issues" :lol:

I have a niggling issue with the radio - when I tune into Radio 2, half the tinme the display doesn't tell me whats playing etc, if I tune over to Radio 1 (ie never - just pop across to check) it's accurate all the time. - so, is this my car or something with the signal ?

Not sure how old you guys are but I just turned 30 and Radio 1 is pony.

Been listening to Radio 2 now for a long time, much better, all bar Jeramy Vine, that guy is a giant d1ck.

Radio 2 - if you have a brain :teeth:

Radio 1 - if you havent got a brain :stir:

Heart etc - create road rage due to the repeated ad's :rant:

most of the complaints/observations in this thread are niggles or personal preference but the Op asked for general things to look over when purchasing :surrender:

• Like 1

most of the complaints/observations in this thread are niggles or personal preference but the Op asked for general things to look over when purchasing :surrender:

Yeah man, I get the drift, it's cool - I just thought I'd add some (what I thought was relevant) flavour to the topic is all, my bad.

so basically - nothing to worry about :teeth:

imo just the gearbox on the manual really, this would be my only concern and give it a thorough check, there have only been a few isolated incidents but def worth a good check

The rest is standard, servicing, tyres, wear and tear etc

and...... make sure the car is actually what you want, don't expect it to be something it isn't ( this may sound daft but it happens )

Yeah man, I get the drift, it's cool - I just thought I'd add some (what I thought was relevant) flavour to the topic is all, my bad.

no no no, you've got me wrong, yes we drifted off topic but all the info is good because it gives owners and buyers a view to what they may not like or what can happen e.g. while the interior is much nicer than the 350z I think it needs to be taken care of a lot more as it isn't as robust as the 350