max revs for each gear for 2005 350z

itye1970

sorry to sound dumb, but whats DE? and red line...im a complete newbie on the 350z

Is part of the Engine Code 3 different models through out the years, Ealy zed being DE, 06ish being RevUP 07ish+ HR.

Red line is the same on any car...as Ekona says, 6.5k Revs.

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

... It's where the redline on the revometer starts, it's not unique to the 350z.

Also, why not just sit in the drivers seat and have a look at the cluster yourself? I'm struggling to not be sarcastic here as it feels like a total troll.

Edit: It's quite literally a red coloured line on the inside of the revometer just in case this is genuine.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

... It's where the redline on the revometer starts, it's not unique to the 350z.

Also, why not just sit in the drivers seat and have a look at the cluster yourself? I'm struggling to not be sarcastic here as it feels like a total troll.

Edit: It's quite literally a red coloured line on the inside of the revometer just in case this is genuine.

Not a troll , just asking for advise, thats what the forum is for? sorry to sound sarcastic!

im not a car expert as mentioned , also Ive never heard of the dashboard called a "cluster"or heard the term red line, Ive been driving since 1987 so pardon me for not knowing your jargon on the forum but forums are here to help people not put them off posting. Im in IT and have a string of letters after my name but I would never put someone down for not knowing what a cluster was in IT terms!

Sorry for sounding cheesed off mouthwash but you post was a bit off!

out of interest, is there a rev limiter on this car too?

Yes, as Ekona said, fuel is cut at the redline/limiter

Well yeah, it's fuel cut at the redline. 6500 on DE cars, 7000 on revup, 7500 on HR. You have a DE car.

• Like 1

You're quite right but if you came in here and said 'My Zed is pulling to the right all the time' I'd perhaps have different advice. Asking what a redline is isn't really something I'd expect someone buying a 'sports' car to ask, but fair enough.

If you want a car to make it more than 20 miles down the road then it usually comes with a red line on the instrument cluster/dials/revometer/dashboard.

I'm actually sorry that I'm being so rude but for someone that's been driving since I was born, I wouldn't call 'redline' jargon...

Can I ask why you think it matters what the max revs for each gear are?

Yes, at 6500 for yours.

Again though, and I'm curious more than trying to sound horrid, but why do you think the max revs for each gear is important?

cluster.jpg

Max revs for a DE is 6.6k I believe, at least that's what the change up indicator defaults to. The redline can be seen on the instrument panel/ cluster/ dials, its the red section.

Edited by Gudzy
  • Like 1

Yes, at 6500 for yours.

Again though, and I'm curious more than trying to sound horrid, but why do you think the max revs for each gear is important?

Also, the 350z comes with a gear change light that you can set (all the way up to the redline) which flashes at the set RPM indicating you should change gear. So you never have to fear about bouncing it off the limiter (redline).

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

thats a matter of opinion about the redline jargon, no one i know calls it that, as for a cluster never heard of it , I must be getting old! , anyway, being new to the forum and to the 350z I just wanted some advise not to be put down by what i know or dont know , I thought forums were for helping people. anyone thanks for the advise

Edited by itye1970

thats a matter of opinion about the redline jargon, no one i know calls it that, as for a cluster never heard of it , I must be getting old! , anyway, being new to the forum and to the 350z I just wanted some advise not to be put down by what i know or dont know , I thought forums were for helping people. anyone thanks for the advise

Again, I can only apologise for my rudeness and in amongst my rudeness are nuggets of information for your pleasure.

• Like 2

Yes, at 6500 for yours.

didnt want to over rev it by accident, but if its got a limiter then no probs

Edited by itye1970

didnt want to over rev it by accident, but if its got a limiter then no probs

Ah, I see now. That makes sense :thumbs:

Like every car ever made since the early '90s, the Zed does indeed have a rev limiter to stop you breaking things. Won't help with overrevs via a botched shift, though.

Which is downshifting to 2nd instead of 4th at 100mph, for example.

• Like 1

Can I also ask, have you actually driven the car you've purchased?

yes I have Driven it, its a great car, I did have an alfa GTV which was a brilliant car but was getting to the end of its life so I recently picked up the 350z. I only knew about it because I saw one on the motorway a few weeks back and thought it looked amazing so didst know much about them at all until then.

Ive got no regrets Its an awesome drive and Ive had quite a lot of cars in the past but this 350Z is most definitely the best car. Im really enjoying driving it.