K&N Oil Filters: Rip Off?

Darren350

Guys, my 2004 GT is due a P2 which is oil and filter and brake fluid.

Clark Motorsport do the full oil kit for a good price which comes with an OEM Nissan filter and crush washer.

Looking on ebay etc there are K&N oil filters for the 350Z for £10, are they worth it or am I solely paying for a white can with K&N stamped on it? (High Flow apparently???)

Better to stick with the OEM???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The OEM oil filter costs like £4 or something and is the same one as they use on Nissan Micra`s. I used them on my services and had no problems. However, on my motorbikes I use K&N filters as they not only have good reviews, but also have a 17mm nut welded to them which makes removing them a lot easier than trying to use a oil filter ratchet/chain or screwdriver/hammer.

• Like 1

350 is a renault, oops

Its amazing how many people still quote the Clarkson Renault thing (which incidentally is totally incorrect, Renault used it in an Espace/Laguna but it is 100% bonafida Nissan Japanese engine) ... I assume you were joking?

Im getting close to fitting my oil cooler and sump spacer ready for some track days.

Doing an oil change at the same time naturally, can any traders quote for a HKS oil filter?

i found the cheapest to be ebay for hks filters, think it came from funky power but remember they dont come with a crush washer so you will need to get that seperately

Most drain plugs for engine sumps are non magnetic, gearbox and diffs have magnetic as standard.

Having a magnetic plug helps capture small metal filings/particles and keep them there rather than being cycled around the engine reducing the risk of damaging something, small reduction but for 15 quid one you may aswell do.

• Like 1