spotted any quirky things about your Z?

nixy

I quite like the extra strorage behind the drivers seat if you dont have the bose system. I keep a Torch, Tool kit and foot pump behind there...

does the plastic just pop off?

Yep, if you have nails you can prise it off with your fingers....Start at one of the top corners is easiest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have been great if I could get the storage door from a left hand drive car...

There is a huuuuge area behind there, as I realised last weekend when sound deadening it all. Near enough a full interior out job for the back of the car. Unforunately though, the storage door from a left hand drive car wouldnt work as the door is built into the whole rear panel with the cig lighter and BOSE hatch etc all in. Shame as that would be a great idea :thumbs:

I havent got a cig lighter in mine.....and the only power sockets are behind the seat or in the passenger footwell....how do smokers get on lighting up in a Zed?

I've always been incapable of using car lighters. I either drop them or smoldering tobacco falls on my lap :nono: or lumps of tobacco get stuck to the lighter and remain burning in the dash. I keep a cheap lighter in the cubby.

Ah, but where would you store the screwdriver. I have had a sat nav retro fitted in the centre cubby hole ( uk spec). Have a Snooper on the dash. Hardware for sat nave in the lower storage behind the pass. seat. Sat nav remote and bits in the storage next to my left hand. Rag in the door storage. Water bottle behind the pass seat. Not too much space left.

'secret' document holder under the mat in the glovebox :)

Never knew that was there! :teeth:

I didnt know there was meant to be a mat over it. Mine originally had sat nav, but they wanted an extra £500 for it. Knowing I would put in my carputer I told them to take it out, but it didnt have a mat to cover the tray. Assumed that was how it came. Appears my "document holder" isnt so secret :thumbdown:

Yeah the glove box behind the passenger seat. Mine had a big ass DVD like player for the Sat nav. Sorry didnt mean the front cubby in the middle of the dash :doh: If you lift the plastic tray it gives you access to an empty void of the under belly of the car.

Would have been great if I could get the storage door from a left hand drive car...

There is a huuuuge area behind there, as I realised last weekend when sound deadening it all. Near enough a full interior out job for the back of the car. Unforunately though, the storage door from a left hand drive car wouldnt work as the door is built into the whole rear panel with the cig lighter and BOSE hatch etc all in. Shame as that would be a great idea :thumbs:

The door on the passenger side cubby seems to be the same size and shape (at least it is on my JDM). Would it be possible to fit one of these to the driver's side?

The door on the passenger side cubby seems to be the same size and shape (at least it is on my JDM). Would it be possible to fit one of these to the driver's side?

Although the hole appears to be the same size, on the UK spec (and I guess the others looking at other guides on the net) has the door build into the rest of the section of trim it is a part of. The shutting mechanism (bit of string) is attached to a coil behind the middle of the trim. This means you'd not be able to attach another door the same to the other side. You could possibly fabricate one into it. See here, you can see the panel half removed and the door is attaced, but the BOSE part isnt.

IMG_6198_thumb.jpg