New 60 MPH Motorway Speed Limits to be Introduced.

WhackyWill

Everyone has their own ideas but until they sort out a battery than can hold charge for longer with less weight in a compact space and cheaply easy to mass produce, all electric cars will be doomed to the recharge noose. Hydrogen cell or similar is the way to go but I am still waiting for hoverboards after seeing that documentary in 1986?! ;)

• Like 1

I am still waiting for hoverboards after seeing that documentary in 1986?! ;)

Either you mean 1985 when the first film came out, or you mean 1989 when BTTF2 came out and we actually saw the hoverboards :p

oi! smarty Marty! I cant remember it was a looong time ago ! All I really remember was his girlfriend which I had a thing for at the time (but I was a wee lad then!)

http://backtothefutu...Jennifer-02.jpg

Sorry going off topic a little......

Edited by stanski
  • Like 1

What concerns me is this mass 'upgrading' of the motorways to include speed displays like on the M25, hence a nice excuse to put speed cameras on all the motorways ! The theory of slowing traffic in built up areas to avoid stop/starts might be nice on paper however in practice things very rarely go right when you consider the muppet factor.

Consider Chester Services on the M56 - Bermuda Triangle of the North, someone drops a wing mirror there every day and they close the motorway!

Edited by stanski

The government cannot ignore the constant stream of doom/gloom coming out of the UN about global warming

How you generate that electricity is another argument

From what i have read of late there is no such thing as "global warming" any more, it is now referred to as a "climate change", as apparently the temperatures are dropping, not much, but dropping. Sadly for each bit of info you read to the positive, you read the same to the negative so all depends which side of the camp you sit on.

I would say how you generate electricity, coupled with the problems surrounding batteries and their construction and disposal (all not at environmentally friendly) is exactly the argument, but again, a topic for another day.

Sadly whatever is the truth, you can be sure as hell climate change is not going away, its a multi million pound industry. Green taxes (cough) and suggestions like altering the speed limit are just another way to generate revenue and grind the motorist into the ground.

I have no real issue putting fuel into my car, it brings me pleasure, same with my jet ski. However, i thoroughly object to being taxed to the hilt to get out and do a honest days work, sadly i have no choice in my job, only for the tax/duty i pay to get p*****d away on.............again another topic i am sure!

• Like 1