Off to Sly's tomorrow!

Steel Lynx

• 1 month later...
Having my braided brake lines put on, new Ferodo DS2500 pads all round and 4 wheel alignment. And slightly less exciting, M.O.T is being done as well. Can't wait! :D

How was the car after alignment?

Sorry for the late reply, I've only just seen this.

To be honest, when it was being aligned it was pretty much bang on already, the only thing Sly did was change the camber on the rear wheels to improve tyre wear as it looked like they'd been tilted in a bit more than standard and was already showing some wear on the inner edge of the tyres. I didn't really notice any difference. The brakes however are lovely now they're bedded in :)

Been a bit disappointed with the DS2500s. Only done 2,500 miles on them but they seem to lack both initial bite (oem brembos were good) and hot bite (pagid RS29s were great). Would be interested to hear your opinions once you've put some miles on them.

DS2500 are track pads, they will not have intial bite until they are warmed up, once they are warmed up they are very very good, my only complaint about them is they seem to squeal a bit at times, pretty much everyone I know that has had them fitted gets some noise at some point...

• Like 1

Been a bit disappointed with the DS2500s. Only done 2,500 miles on them but they seem to lack both initial bite (oem brembos were good) and hot bite (pagid RS29s were great). Would be interested to hear your opinions once you've put some miles on them.

DS2500 are track pads, they will not have intial bite until they are warmed up, once they are warmed up they are very very good, my only complaint about them is they seem to squeal a bit at times, pretty much everyone I know that has had them fitted gets some noise at some point...

Well in that case they must be very biased towards high operating temps because even with some seriously fast road use they're still not biting as well as the pagids or brembos IMHO. And the squeal is bloody awful sometimes but I know it's par for the course with fixed calipers and metallic pads.

• Like 1

Well in that case they must be very biased towards high operating temps because even with some seriously fast road use they're still not biting as well as the pagids or brembos IMHO. And the squeal is bloody awful sometimes but I know it's par for the course with fixed calipers and metallic pads.

Or is it that you can stop quicker than the car behind you ? And my encourage faster driving ?

Something not quite right then as they are a great pad, superior in every way possible to brembo & pagid, as I said only issue is not the best from cold and can be noisy :shrug:

Sent from the golf club...