Jumping350 Build - Reborn 17/4/2018

jumping350

So have been looking into a bit more security since the last attempted break in happened. Came across this video and with the other thread about car hacking thought I would share it, basically there are 2 padlocks worth getting around £90 each so its that or I get some shutters :wacko:

I did go and buy these the other day to make the buggers at least pause for a second and think twice :lol:

WP_000380_zpswz01pr8j.jpg

Anyway how safe is your padlock :wacko:

Edited by jumping350

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of progress this week,

So exterior mods all completed then this happened :doh::fool:

WP_000393_zpszs2rlgwo.jpg

I mainly got another front bumper to get it on the ramps for MOT and dyno as the Veilside and side steps are proving tricky to work with on that front.

Got bumper for a good price and the holes are pretty much in the same place as Veilside so a bonus and then he showed me the skirts and I thought ....oh sod it :lol:

Trial fit of bumper

IMG_1675_zpssnvvxc2l.jpg

Pretty good though for first time fit, left hand side wont fit properly as needs to be shaved inside because of oil cooler and then have to drill holes for attaching :wacko:

Side skirts line up ok but wont know until I properly get them on there but if they fit side steps are going in for sale section.

IMG_1677_zpsbnf3ducl.jpg

Finally got a multimeter on that stupid gauge and tapped the washer pump wire ground the other wire somewhere else and.......

:dance::yahoo: I wired something in that turned on when I wanted it to! Just need to wire in properly and neatly now, sort bumper and MOT and im away

Edited by jumping350

Quite like the front bumper. :teeth:

Watched that video about the padlocks, ...very interesting but I doubt any of them would last more than a minute or so against a good angle grinder. Plus the problem with padlocks is not always the padlock but what you're attaching it too. :dry:;)

• 4 weeks later...

Since i have given up on the oil temp gauge I figure I would get the rest of the dash ready for the jap sat nav to be ripped out tommorow.

Got a centre cubby off here and dremeled the hell out of it :)

IMG_1683_zpsiuoosys4.jpg

Made a plate

IMG_1684_zpsgmp1n16u.jpg

Neatened up and wrapped the plate

IMG_1685_zpskk2iptst.jpg

and the finished job, fed and drilled holes for all the wires for my throttle controller and ecu datascan at least il have some gadgetry back by tommorow :yahoo:

IMG_1690_zpsrtqf9jh2.jpg

Edited by jumping350

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so spent a while messing around with everything doing some checks and tidying/tightening up as much as I could on the car and took it for its M.O.T :wacko:

As normal and thankfully she sailed through without any problems and a few garage admirers along the way :thumbs:

I then checked everything again and rebodged the undertray and bumper back on and then this happened....................... :teeth:

• Like 1

so spent a while messing around with everything doing some checks and tidying/tightening up as much as I could on the car and took it for its M.O.T :wacko:

As normal and thankfully she sailed through without any problems and a few garage admirers along the way :thumbs:

I then checked everything again and rebodged the undertray and bumper back on and then this happened....................... :teeth:

Figures dyno graph. Glad you've finished the install now :)

• 5 months later...

I thought I would just add this build in here rather than start a new thread.

Welcome to the Budget/What ever I can get for free... single garage build into a workshop type storage area :)

With a moaning mrs and a stack of tools/parts/odds/sods and the zed residing elsewhere I have been forced to convert what space I have into a workshop.

As mentioned I will never get near like some of the setups in the other Garage thread but can certainly do better than I have at the moment and still get half the car in at least to work on it if need be.

(the pictures will get better I was in a rush today)

So far with £100 I have the following

An old table that slides back and forth and has storage hidden away inside, will use this as workshop table that a vice and other bits can get bolted to

20161022_140108_zpsxagqs2a9.jpg

Not sure what its called but this thing below which can house all my bolts/nuts electrical bits and other junk. It came out of a van and slides but I dont need that bit :lol:

Van-sliding-racking_zpsci4ocvj5.jpg

8ft by 8ft racking

This was my best purchase so far and ideally will have one side for Zed stuff and one side for Subaru stuff (as im starting to mix everything up now) its pretty big but essentially gives me four 8ft shelves to work with

20161022_131646_zps9ve1gvga.jpg

So I started to put racking together which was a pain in the ass with such a confided space

20161022_151644_zpsduwg6wmn.jpg

Managed to get 6 shelves up but as you can see will have to move my lighting now and pop a shelf on just under roof beam which allows for storage above the beam and out of the way. There is a wooden beam running the length of the garage against the wall which I will attach racking to and then bolt both racks together so it shouldn't go anywhere.

Thats it for today but stay tuned for full racking install and figuring out how to put that table together :lol:

20161022_161255_zpshpgm0ntj.jpg

So after a long time out of the game or an update, im happy to say im back and couldn't be happier I got my zed back to :yahoo:.

Done many checks before I re-fired her back up and started on the button and forgot how amazing the Vortech sounds. Still a few niggles to sort out but mechanically still a beast and still turning heads in the street :)

Few pics from today and plenty of new mods on the cards to come in the coming weeks

oh and yes i know my headlights need a buffing :headhurt:

20180417_183637.jpg.8b4804459a57069efe8089f00a82c2cb.jpg20180417_183624.jpg.de7497ed543b10ebad9b8b32c7417be8.jpg20180417_183655.jpg.8870ce5bd6bf5733d7190f2b4347453c.jpg20180417_183615.jpg.bb73a42e17635b8e8b73d49ad7dbeb12.jpg

Edited by jumping350

• 2 years later...

I have returned again :wave: :lol: after a while away with life and a world pandemic :dry: I was toying a lot with moving the zed on and buying something else but in the end for the money not a lot out weighs it for what I am looking for unless I drop like 30-40k which when trying to build a house doesn't sit well.

So in short im keeping it forever haha and restyling it and making sure everything is sound for a new lease of life next year.

Couple of things for the list:

Full Wrap

New silicone hoses all round

Refresh everything on oil cooler system

Sort stupid P0350 code

Wheel Refurb/colour change

BOV upgrade

Il keep going until engine blows and then forged engine time

Glad to be back :yahoo:

• Like 2