Guide to Wrapping B-Pillars?

monkeybrain1234

Hi All

I have searched quite a bit but cannot seem to find a guide or tips on wrapping the B-pillars with carbon like in the picture.

Really like it but how easy is it to take the parts off?

Thanks for all your help

post-21690-0-88722300-1397034335_thumb.jpg

Edited by monkeybrain1234

They're pretty thin, but just work then 3(?) little clips out evenly and you wont break them, ive had mine off a couple of times, wrapping them should be very easy TBH as they're flat rectangles. I might do mine so as the colour exactly matches my wrapped roof actually.. :thumbs:

No issues really. The corners are a bit crap because I'm useless at this sort of thing though. Can't tell unless you're looking closely for it though.

http://i93.photobuck...zps256434ac.jpg

Looking good and a fraction of the price of cf cover pieces, how does this stand up to our weather is it something that would need to be replaced frequently or does it hold up ok

Edited by tatooandy67

No issues really. The corners are a bit crap because I'm useless at this sort of thing though. Can't tell unless you're looking closely for it though.

Looking good and a fraction of the price of cf cover pieces, how does this stand up to our weather is it something that would need to be replaced frequently or does it hold up ok

No idea yet, only been on 5 days. I'm pretty pessimistic so keep expecting to hear them flapping in the wind as I drive though. But OK so far.

No idea yet, only been on 5 days. I'm pretty pessimistic so keep expecting to hear them flapping in the wind as I drive though. But OK so far.

Sweet

Guys what's the difference between 2D, 3D & 4D wrap??

Also what is the best place to buy this from?

As far as I'm aware it's just how textured it looks. 2D is flat, 3D is better and 4D somehow gets time involved.

I just picked a random ebayer with decent feedback, classictrading-uk. Can't guarantee its the best place though.

• 3 weeks later...

Done this finally. Was really quite simple. Used Hexis 4D carbon wrap, although the final result was good, I did think the new 4D wrap would have more depth/gloss to the wrap. Possibly the 3M has more of gloss look. But now it is on the car I have to be honest it looks good.

Taking the covers off I found okay to do, I used a credit card to loosen the panel a bit, after it was warmed up by the sun, then just held it from the bottom and the the whole panel just popped off easily.

DCa0Qio.jpg

Cleaned it up and then set about wrapping it. Used the hair dryer to fold the edges and do the corners, but really was nothing difficult to doing this. Very easy.

fL821q6.jpg

Think it looks good. Question now is, should I do the roof too??!?!?

fRkCZGD.jpg

rtD4ZNm.jpg

• Like 1

Question is should I do the roof?

I wouldn't if I was you. Don't see many red Zed's tbh so why hide that beautiful colour.

Plus from a previous thread it can be a massive ball ache if you want to remove it afterwards from what I've read. :scare:;)

Your car though so your choice. :thumbs:

Question is should I do the roof?

I wouldn't if I was you. Don't see many red Zed's tbh so why hide that beautiful colour.

Plus from a previous thread it can be a massive ball ache if you want to remove it afterwards from what I've read. :scare:;)

Your car though so your choice. :thumbs:

I think you're right my friend. I also saw the recent removing thread on here too, looks like a nightmare, although I am sure they are not all bad.

Will keep it Red for the moment and find something else to tinker with! :p

That 4D vinyl you have there looks the same as my CF vinyl I have, which is also from Hexis.

Is the finish smooth or can you feel the texture?

Only reason I ask is that I have seen some 4D CF vinyl recently at a trade stand in Brighton during InCarNation, and that visually looked like textured, but had a smooth finish

That 4D vinyl you have there looks the same as my CF vinyl I have, which is also from Hexis.

Is the finish smooth or can you feel the texture?

Only reason I ask is that I have seen some 4D CF vinyl recently at a trade stand in Brighton during InCarNation, and that visually looked like textured, but had a smooth finish

This has a textured feel for sure. I was expecting the 4D to be more glossy and flat like you probably saw at the show. I contacted the company I bought it from and they assured me it was 4D and the latest stuff from Hexis.

It's almost a textured matt finish, from what I read 4D is glossy. But I'm happy with how it looks. Be interesting to see others like 3M.

Mine are a bit scratched up. Could I get away with hitting them with a DA to liven them up a little?

They are just lacquered plastic. If a polish does not work. Flat them with '0000' wire wool and re lacquer.