Amateur Photography Thread 2

DoogyRev

• 2 weeks later...

Again nice pics Chirag, starting to seriously make me think about selling my DSLR. ;)

Thanks mate :teeth: but why is it making you think of selling up instead of getting it back out?

Just seems like the new mirror-less cameras do a far better job, and are more portable......but then i also think you have a good eye and talent, mind you i think i have become over critical of the pics i take as well, and so get put off .

Again nice pics Chirag, starting to seriously make me think about selling my DSLR. ;)

Thanks mate :teeth: but why is it making you think of selling up instead of getting it back out?

Just seems like the new mirror-less cameras do a far better job, and are more portable......but then i also think you have a good eye and talent, mind you i think i have become over critical of the pics i take as well, and so get put off .

One thing I learned from my cousin who does it semi-professionally, is that the picture is what you perceive it to be. There is no real right or wrong, and yes people can criticise, and you can be critical of yourself, but at the end of the day it's what you want to see ;)

You could sell up your DSLR and pick up a mirrorless for a decent price and then crack on :)

I really dislike electronic viewfinders on m/less cameras or composing pics on the back screen, especially on a sunny day, when I struggle to see any of the composition.

Also with the back screen on a lot, its eats up batteries.

Much prefer the optical viewfinder on the dslr.

Also find there is a lag on the evf doing panning shots, waiting for the picture to catch up.

Just my personal experience and opinion, others will disagree! :)

^Have you used the latest generation of cameras from Sony/Panasonic/Olympus?? I struggle to fault the EVF on my EM 5 II.

Getting tempted now by the EM 1 II as the tracking AF system in that thing looks immense, but thanks to to weak £ £2k asking price is just crazy money.

^Have you used the latest generation of cameras from Sony/Panasonic/Olympus?? I struggle to fault the EVF on my EM 5 II.

Getting tempted now by the EM 1 II as the tracking AF system in that thing looks immense, but thanks to to weak £ £2k asking price is just crazy money.

Yes, had a go on a friends em 5 ii but couldn't get on with the evf. I did consider going m/less before I upgraded, but as I mostly do landscape, the big Nikon suits me best as I do love the ovf. However, I was thinking of trading in my quirky Merrill dp1 for a Sony rx100 variant for everyday/take anywhere use, so I'm not totally averse to them.

Have you considered a used em 1 ii? mind you I don't suppose there are too many used for sale at the mo. I bought used as I wasn't prepared to pay £2.5k for a new body.

^Fair enough if you tried the latest EVF and still don't like them. I always buy second hand gear, my EM5, lens, even carrier bag is preowned :)

Love to get an EM 1 II or even a telephoto lens for the EM5 but with a 8 months old baby, new car due to arrive (with invoice needing to be paid), about to move house, the last thing I have time or money to spend on is camera gear :(

At least the camera on phones these days are pretty awesome

30109374125_ff6d8a2f78_c_d.jpg

• Like 2

^^ Fair play Chirag for getting up with the sun, even though its as late as 8am. I struggle badly getting out of bed at the mo :sleep: and am determined to change my routine. After all its the easiest time of the year to get a sunrise shot!!

Must get to bed earlier.. dammit!

• Like 1

^^ Fair play Chirag for getting up with the sun, even though its as late as 8am. I struggle badly getting out of bed at the mo :sleep: and am determined to change my routine. After all its the easiest time of the year to get a sunrise shot!!

Or go to bed later... :bleh:

Or go to bed later... :bleh:

haha! possible in june when sunrise is 4:50am but I like my bed too much!

Ha ha that was at 8.30 this morning, late for me. That was a grab from a 1080/30 super view video so not the best quality but gives an idea how beautiful that sunrise was. I'm not far from Airbus Broughton where that was taken and was hoping for the beluga to be landing.

No he didn't bring me the 10 - 20 the selfish so and so but I think I'm going to treat myself early in the new year.

• Like 1

No he didn't bring me the 10 - 20 the selfish so and so but I think I'm going to treat myself early in the new year.

Well I ordered the lens last night after a couple of beers, should arrive tomorrow and hopefully get out this weekend with it.

Well I ordered the lens last night after a couple of beers, should arrive tomorrow and hopefully get out this weekend with it.

I hope that you will enjoy using it as much as I did, it was my favourite lens as I mentioned.

Look forward to seeing some shots up here when you get chance.

Happy wideangle-ing! :thumbs:

• Like 1