Time taken for this list of work to be done ?

RobPhoboS

By a garage, not myself (it'll take yonks!), I didn't think it would take that long but perhaps the clutch line takes a while ?

Fit rear brake discs & pads

Fit new brake lines

Fit new clutch line

Change brake fluid

Change clutch fluid

Tighten auxiliary belts

These guys usually work pretty quickly but I've been quoted 5 hours, which sounds a bit too long imho.

I don't want to bitch about it, as I'll pay whatever it is - I just don't think it can take that amount of time.

Edited by RobPhoboS

Fit rear brake discs & pads

Remove rear wheels remove calipers adjust handbrake down , may need a puller on the old disk

Put disk new back on adjust handbrake again, replace caliper, remove old pads clean caliper put in new pads replace wheel

With no problems going for it 15 Minutes each side - garage will prolly allow 1 hour

Fit new brake lines

Remove wheel loosen rusted up old brake lines assume nothing snaps remove the brake line holders and brake line.

Install new brake lines bleed brake system - 15 - 30 mins a corner to strip/replace plus bleed - if bleed goes well 30 mins if not well lets just hope it goes well!

So total 1.5 to 2.5 hours

Fit new clutch line

30 mins all going well including bleed time

Change brake fluid

Well they will do that when they do the lines

Change clutch fluid

They will do that when they do the lines

Tighten auxiliary belts

5 mins - its the 15 mins it takes to snap all the bolts on the undertray and the hour to repair/replace them all that hurts

Garage will probably allow a bit extra for each job just to be sure :)

Hope it helps - it's how long it would take me anyway.

On a ramp it's a quick job doing the brakes when it on the ramp , less than a hour . New fluids it want take long to drain them down , and then top them up when the lines are replaced . As for the lines it just depends on wether they are seized or not. I think in 5 hours I could do them at the back off my house :-) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks guys, I was trying to do the rear disks\pads last Sunday but one of the calliper bolts started to round, so I stopped packed up, and ordered new bolts :lol:

(managed to do the fronts though, although snapped one bracket bolt).

I'm more than happy to do stuff myself but having not tried bleeding brakes\clutch before, I'd rather hand it over :blush:

• Like 1

Late reply I know but from experience of doing mine recently, replacing the flexies with the braided lines took longer than the times stated on the point that they were happy where they were, anyway, with the corrosion on the exposed steel brake pipe it was piece of mind cutting and replacing, so yea, took a bit longer...

• Like 1

You have to consider that its no good them telling you best case senario they have to be reallistic.

Its not a case of rippin you off but all work has to have a warranty as well so something has to pay for it.

Appreciate the comments, I really just wanted to see if it was about the right amount of time.

(as I said, I'll pay whatever it is, no problem)

Booked in now, once again, appreciate comments - the garage I use is local (unfortunately Abbey/H-Dev are a bit out of my way), and I've used them on/off since 2004.

Edited by RobPhoboS