P1 Service £337?!?!?! WHAAAAAT?!

Darren350

In the next month or so my 2004 UK GT DE Engined 350 is due a service. A P1 service which I believe consists of an oil and filter change.

I called Wessex Nissan of Bristol and got what I believe to be the craziest quote of all time. £337!!! I dared to ask the P2 cost and got a quote of £439.

I fear these prices don't include VAT either!!! Arghhhh!

I think a few bits off Clark Motorsport and a local indy would be best, lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I did a P1 on mine. Filter & Oil was £50 all in. Same service on my wifes old Peugeot 307HDI came to £80 as the DPF type oil you have to get cost more than the fully synthetic I used in the zed. Its the same oil filter on the zed as you get on a nissan micra and indeed most Nissan cars, so its not expensive.

I remember when I was in the Nissan dealership in Chester, I overheard the receptionist telling a customer that labor charges were £76 an hour....and that was in 2010! The garage up the road charge charges £30, last P1 cost me under £100.

Pete

It is very easy to do it your self.

Just buy the genuine parts that's all

Trouble is mate I've got no axle stands and I'm assuming you'd need it in the air to drain the oil and fit a new filter.

Plus as my parking space is in front of a coach house where two other neighbours park I wouldn't trust either of them not to run me over, lol

It is very easy to do it your self.

Just buy the genuine parts that's all

Trouble is mate I've got no axle stands and I'm assuming you'd need it in the air to drain the oil and fit a new filter.

Plus as my parking space is in front of a coach house where two other neighbours park I wouldn't trust either of them not to run me over, lol

Yes and no. Just use the jack to jack the front of the car up so you can get under and remove the undertray. Ideally you should use axle stands from a health & safety perspective and im paranoid about a car dropping on me so I always use them. But even so, they are like a tenner a pair if that, or you can use bricks, bits of timber or anything else you have laying about. The longest bit is undoing the undertray - they have like 18 screws which usually are all rusty.

The oil filter is easy to get at on the side of the engine, and the whole oil change doesnt take long.