Next car

aidan

Didn't realise that M6s are so cheap.....a lot of car for the money. And i suppose a lot to go wrong LOL.

M cars are cool till they go wrong buddy! M prices :scare:

No worse than Audi. It's German, it's not cheap, but a proper M product is a much more interesting car to own than a warm S car.

Didn't realise that M6s are so cheap.....a lot of car for the money. And i suppose a lot to go wrong LOL.

M cars are cool till they go wrong buddy! M prices :scare:

No worse than Audi. It's German, it's not cheap, but a proper M product is a much more interesting car to own than a warm S car.

Yes id take a M product over a Audi S and RS product everyday!! just becouse a better drivers car and not mad on the audi 4 wheel drive!

SL55 AMG? Or is that a bit gangsta?

Nice sound but a bit "old".

like this one though...

http://www.autotrade...age/2?logcode=p

Looks pretty good with a black interior and blue paint. Not a fan of split rims though - too "pharmaceutical distribution executive" for my tastes and would swap those for standard turbines. £1700 for an ABS pump gives you an idea of the costs you're facing at this level of the market. It's a £100k car after all.

The Bangle M6 is gash - I assume we're talking about a proper M635 instead? http://www.classicheroes.co.uk/cars-for-sale/2063/bmw-m6-highline

DT

SL55 AMG? Or is that a bit gangsta?

Nice sound but a bit "old".

like this one though...

http://www.autotrade...age/2?logcode=p

Looks nice....but official mpg of 20....cannot imagine what that translate to real world usage :surrender: One thing is for sure your be very friendly with your local petrol station :lol:

My RS4 was 17mpg

My ISF was 19mpg

Evo was (gulp) 14mpg :scare: but did manage signal numbers on occasion.

While the 350z is around 21mpg.

Dont use my cars much so not to worried about MPG really.

Megane pisses on the Clio, seriously fast car :)

S4 is rather uninvolving, not driven an Insignia but cant imagine they make you angry in the pants, at that money with a V8 Id be looking at the IS-F - I preferred it to the E92/C63 and you can pick em up for £20K, if youre old enough the V8 XF is an amazing car too if a bit softer. M135i is definitely worth a look too, would you really be happy knocking about in a Clio .........? ;)

S4 is rather uninvolving, not driven an Insignia but cant imagine they make you angry in the pants, at that money with a V8 Id be looking at the IS-F - I preferred it to the E92/C63 and you can pick em up for £20K, if youre old enough the V8 XF is an amazing car too if a bit softer. M135i is definitely worth a look too, would you really be happy knocking about in a Clio .........? ;)

In a clio - prob not. I did like the ISF and the misses thought it was nice (esp in white)....but have had one so don't want to go back.

C63 and XFR are still a tad out of price range.

I do like the V8 M3 but after trying one (on crap scottish roads), thought my RS4 was a more rounded car.

I'm too young (just) for a Jag, although do like the newer shaped XKs, although the bogo 4.2 is a bit slow.

Only Masser I would have is the Granturismo and the hold their prices better than most second hand cars. Apart from that fact the dearest car to insure from above is a Masser - by a hefty margin.

Edited by aidan

S3? Auto Dsg ...

Proper car.

The guy has had an IS-F, an Evo and an RS4 and youre calling the S3 a "proper car"? :lol:;)

Aidan, youve owned or tried everything, theres only one option left ..............

3449487.jpg

Ive actually seen and sat in this one and its beautiful, get it done ;):lol:

S3? Auto Dsg ...

Proper car.

The guy has had an IS-F, an Evo and an RS4 and youre calling the S3 a "proper car"? :lol:;)

Aidan, youve owned or tried everything, theres only one option left ..............

3449487.jpg

Ive actually seen and sat in this one and its beautiful, get it done ;):lol:

Hah, wife would love it. :teeth: Nice brown colour and I'm sure some lovely wood inside.

"The guy has had an IS-F, an Evo and an RS4" and a R33GTR....so hence the problem with next car.

Did try a few years back to buy sensible, hence the Golf GTI which was remapped in under 5 days from new. Did stick with it for nearly 11 months but, while a great car, was a bit dull. In all fairness to Myfairlady, did consider a S3 along with a R32 prior to buying the 350z and I've heard the S3 is relatively easy to get some more ponies from.

Edited by aidan

I'm going with this...

honda-civic-type-r-2015.jpeg

Thinking my cash will be going Honda"s way with this new type R or maybe this new NSX B)

Honda-NSX-Concept-2013-black-front-side_zpsaf0604d2.jpg

Will the type R actually look like this though???

Its like a GTR Transformer shafted a misses Type R and out popped the above!! Looks cool though. :teeth:

Edited by aidan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go for the megane. I had an R26 and couldn't really fault it. The newer ones are meant to be a step on from that.

Back at work now so Z is dry stored for the next 3 months.

Should be easier sold in the summer.

Also have 3 months to trawl classifieds and decide. The newer meganes do get a very good write up.