Anybody have a nitrous kit fitted?

Darren350

As title suggests, just wondering if anybody on the forum had a Nitrous kit fitted to their 350.

I have zero intention of doing it but thought a tank or two in the rear would look cool. Also have zero intention of putting dummy tanks in the back, lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have NOS fitted so does Neil P :thumbs:

Neil has the tank on display in the back of the car mine is a stealth install hidden in the cubby behind the passenger seat pics on my for sale thread http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82530-wizards-of-nos-75-shot-complete-kit/

(but I have had little interest and just insured her for another year with it so it will prolly stay now)

Does make a difference if you plumb it in don't see much point in just having the tanks :shrug:

If you plumb it in and set the NOS to fire at 3250 rpm just as she comes on CAM you get a good kick in the backside :drive1:

504bhp.jpg

:evil::yahoo:

• Like 1

The other benefit of having Nitrous is a big f'off switch!!

11.jpg

These nitrous kits sound very interesting and the gains look impressive and I do like the "launch button"

Are they expensive to buy/install and how much fun do you get between refills ( sorry if my questions seem a little daft )

Cheers Andy. :)

@ Andy

Are these Kits expensive - not if bought here http://www.350z-uk.c...t-complete-kit/

How Much Fun - quite a lot but never enough :lol::evil:

It all depends on the mapping and how you use it.

10lbs of NOS is not a lot in minutes of use terms but you are not on the GAS all the time mine kicks in at 3250 and out at 6500 - mine revs to 7250 (fully forged build)

Which is only a few seconds, it can also be used in such a way that it does not fire in 1st and/or second gear etc with the right controller and setup.

You can also set it to not come in when in higher gears so not in 5th and 6th its best used for acceleration not top end speed.

Wasso did use it round the Ring and it lasted quite well as I recall - he can elaborate but it really is a piece of string question :)

• Like 1

Further to Andy's questions, as this may have just wetted my appetite ........ Are you guys running Forged engines? whats the downside of NOS ? if any

I am running a fully forged build with 11:1 + .5 pistons aftermarket CAMS etc etc with a V3 Vortech supercharger and a Haltech piggy back ECU (or a mental setup) hence the 500 HP at the Hubs :)

Wasso was running on a stock engine and ECU, Neil P is running a bigger shot but with a Haltech ECU.

Costs - Well as you see I have a kit for sale maybe 50% more or double that for brand new - depends where you shop I suppose

Installation - No idea did it my self :) - if someone buys my kit that can be discussed ;) You will need dyno time to set it up properly though!

Downsides -

You run the risk of blowing your engine out of the bonnet if your not sensible :lol:

If you are sensible then not to many - I'll start to get technical now so anyone browsing can skip the next bit ;)

NOS in itself is not highly flammable but if you heat nitrous oxide to about 570 degrees F (~300 C), it splits into oxygen and nitrogen. So the injection of nitrous oxide into an engine means that more oxygen is available during combustion. Because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more fuel, allowing the same engine to produce more power.

So when the NOS is fired a second solenoid opens to allow the additional fuel in.

At this point you would expect to retard the ignition slightly to avoid detonation and possibly increase the fueling to make it really safe.

Now that is one of the problems of fitting NOS to a 350z, even with an uprev the stock ECU cannot change maps on the fly so Wasso had his setup with a slight retard to allow for this whereas I have a Haltech ECU, the NOS controller sends a signal to the Haltech ECU when the solenoids (can be called pulseoids) open the Haltech ECU then changes the MAP on the fly to retard the ignition and increase the fueling.

So in summary - if you do it right and get a good tuner and your engine is in reasonable condition and you don't add to big a shot yes you get lots of bang for your buck :thumbs:

PS I will have a Haltch ECU going cheap soon (shameless plug :lol:)

Questions? - Fire away :)

• Like 1

I have NOS fitted...

WHAT!?!? I thought you said it's in the post to me, like few days ago? :lol:

No I checked no Paypal transfers made :p

And the fuel rails never got here :stir:

EDIT: Mods/anyone In joke nothing to worry about :)

Edited by Keyser

Just out of curiosity hows the drive train holding up? that's around 140ftlb in less than 500RPM?

Still there :lol: of course I drive her real gently NOT :evil:

I have uprated engine mounts and gearbox mount which stops tramp the drive train has not gone bang yet the biggest problem is stopping both back wheels sending you snaking up the road (although I'm told it looks really cool from behind when you smoke the tyres and accelerate away at 80+ mph though :yahoo: (on track of course!)

EDIT: Also have superpro bushes throughout and whitline in the rear subfram

I also run a 1.5 way Kaaz LSD to help with traction :)

O and I have BBK all round to slow it all down again quickly - Humpy can testify to that - makes your eyes hurt when you slam the anchors on :thumbs:

I'd settle for one of those switches :thumbs:

Mine is stealth - I have a spare if you really want one :lol:

DSCF1447.jpg

Whats it like to drive????

IMG_3935E1HDR_zps16e7c0b3.jpg

:yahoo::cloud9:

That is all

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

@keyser

Thank you for your response

That has answered my earlier questions + more

Definitely something I need to research as this is something I am very interested in

Seems like a huge availability (at the flick of a switch so to speak) of extra power for a reasonable expense :)

Edited by tatooandy67

@keyser

Definitely something I need to research as this is something I am very interested in

Seems like a huge availability (at the flick of a switch so to speak) of extra power for a reasonable expense :)

Get it done :thumbs:

Of course if you want the power all the time SC is the way ahead :thumbs:

@keyser

Get it done :thumbs:

Of course if you want the power all the time SC is the way ahead :thumbs:

mmmm food for thought better get saving :)