Testdriving Zeds

Please do not waste your time and take that blue car out from Synergy mate,the car is nothing like what it looks like in the ad!!!! The salesman assured me on the phone that it was immaculate lmao! Went last saturday with my mate who works in an accident repair centre, turned up and luckily for me the salesman had gone out on test drive so I could have a proper poke around. None of the panels are the same colour, the front bumper had not been re attached properly after a dodgy spray job. the rubber strips had not been removed when someone has sprayed the roof so it had a dodgy line of laquer about 1 cm in from the rubber strips. While I was there I spoke to 2 sub contracted body repair men and even they said the paint job was really bad. The only panel that looked original was the boot lid. Didn't even wait for him to get back as I was fuming as it was a wasted 100 mile round trip. You will also find one with a better service history (every 9k)

Sorry for the long message but please do not waste your time, I wondered why it was priced about £800 less than others and I found out why. Good luck with the search, You will find one, I have now lol,

Jim

Wow Jim nice timing! thank f*ck you turned up haha. When I went to see it it was in the bodyshop!!! I was a bit annoyed with what they offered me for audi so walked out anyways. I noticed earlier services were late on it too. I'll check out this grey one as its seeming HR is a little out of budget - what did you go for?

Thanks too!

• Like 1

Hello mate yeah it was shocking! I can only guess that the two lads we spoke to told the salesman what I had said. Don't know what the hec was going on, My mate had guessed it mite have been in an un reported accident and then really shoddily repaired. Went for a 2006 300 gt facelift one in the end but not HR. It's the higher tax bracket but it's only got 40k on clock with 7 nissan stamps picking up sat. I'm glad I caught you before going back. Couldn't believe it when I followed your link :thumbs:

and :welcome:

post-21914-0-17546000-1395947118_thumb.jpg

Edited by Z Enthusiast

Welcome aboard 3fiddleyzed. :welcome:

I totally get why you want to part-ex and that's exactly what I did with my old car for my 350. I could have got a few hundred more for my Civic Type R by selling it privately but really couldn't be bothered with the hassle of having test pilots turn up at my door, waiting around for buyers to make serious offers etc etc.

Was easier and in the end safer just to trade it in. I was happy with what I got for it in the end anyway and love my Zed.

Good luck with the search. :thumbs:

Cheers mate - I always have that worry when people are looking round my car for sale that they are scoping the house out after being burgled in the past... My car is in very good nick and has been well looked after and I think I will be losing out on a grand on part exchange but doing one deal and not having time wasted etc is a lot easier. I like my audi a lot but just want that noise and grin factor again. The fact I like the audi will mean I will hold out for the right Z which is good.

It is nuts mate! I'm glad that you saw post before going back, I hope other people see it as well. Picking it up at weekend. Had to part ex as didn't have time to sell privately, I'm sure we could of got a HR for that money but hey ho :teeth:

Edited by Z Enthusiast

Cheers mate - I always have that worry when people are looking round my car for sale that they are scoping the house out after being burgled in the past... My car is in very good nick and has been well looked after and I think I will be losing out on a grand on part exchange but doing one deal and not having time wasted etc is a lot easier. I like my audi a lot but just want that noise and grin factor again. The fact I like the audi will mean I will hold out for the right Z which is good.

Don't forget that there are plenty of cherished Zeds for sale on here too; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/

;)

• Like 1

I paid 7.5 for my 55 plate and had 40k on the clock and that was a year ago. It needed a bit of tlc but nothing costly so that has 60k and they still want 500 more over a year on. I would try and get it for closer to 7.5 or lower :thumbs:

cheers. Definitely will be knocking down by a fair bit if its nice. If hes funny about it, the offers there... Clutch would be expected soon if not done and also what mileage is the major service that's like inspection 2 equivalent?

Service schedule can be found here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31107-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

Some are still running on the standard clutch at over 100K btw. Think mine is still on it's original clutch at 90K odd. ;)

sell yours private so you get more money so you can get a HR with lower miles with out having to put too much extra money too it. I test drove both De and HR before I bought mine last year and then spent 6 months holding out to get the best lowest mileage one I could that was decent and boy it was worth it! road tax! WTF if you want a Zed it doesn't even enter the equation lol.. There are some decent HR's out there for sale lately which gives you a bit of bargaining power. good luck with the search ;) I hope you get one soon.

cheers. Definitely will be knocking down by a fair bit if its nice. If hes funny about it, the offers there... Clutch would be expected soon if not done and also what mileage is the major service that's like inspection 2 equivalent?

Service schedule can be found here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31107-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

Some are still running on the standard clutch at over 100K btw. Think mine is still on it's original clutch at 90K odd. ;)

Mine has 117,000 on the clock with no clutch change evidence. Clutch seems fine but I haggled the car down as I figured it may need a clutch one day lol

Also don't be put off by mileage OP, I saw some leggy and ropey cars with half my mileage before I found mine.

When I bought mine and posted a picture on Facebook it turned out it was a friend of mine from schools husband. Small world???

He had it for about 5 years or so before me and spent a fortune on it. Full Nissan service history etc.

So you have something to compare prices to here is my 2004 GT UK Manual car:

u6yvu3e8.jpg

If I'm honest the front bumper could do with a respray (Stonechip heaven at 117K!) and the wheels a refurb. Other than that the exterior and interior are in superb condition.

I paid £4550 three months or so ago. Black leather, full GT pack, everything works. Yours for £7000! Haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk