Trip to US

Derbro

Just come back from holiday in states. To my surprise I was amazed how common the 350Z is. More coupes than roadsters but still enough to loose count on the first day. Very few with any mods that I could see. My hire car was a Mustang V6 convertible. What a load of rubbish. Saw a good few American V8 muscle cars, many giving it the full boot as they passed when we had the roof down, beautiful sound. Have attached a couple of photos, cause I know you like photos, of one of my favourites. A 1951 Ford Mercury. If you look closely you can see spark plugs near the tail pipes, flames at the touch of a button. Hell of a good idea for those unwanted tailgaters. Got a video as well but have struggled getting the photos attached not sure if can do same with video.

post-16659-0-46943000-1395850866_thumb.jpg

post-16659-0-13917800-1395850924_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ooooh, US trips are fun, cool pics too :thumbs:

I've got Florida later this year. Gutted to read your Mustang comment, I'm scouring the major rental companies for a convertible and I cannot find a ragtop Camaro I had in Cali last time, a Mustang was next on my list, followed by a Jeep Wrangler :scare:. The search continues...

Edited by SuperStu

.........followed by a Jeep Wrangler :scare:. The search continues...

Nout wrong with a Wrangler B)

Although, pack light and get a Vette :stir:

It's not that there's anything wrong with one, it did make my list after all, it's just I really want muscle! I'd love a Vette but no amount of light packing is going to get rid of the second passenger :lol:

• Like 1

It's not that there's anything wrong with one, it did make my list after all, it's just I really want muscle! I'd love a Vette but no amount of light packing is going to get rid of the second passenger :lol:

I know all the mustang's and camero's are cool . . .

but . . http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-sport-coupe.html

A 6.2L Supercharged V8 . . :drive1

I know all the mustang's and camero's are cool . . .

but . . http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-sport-coupe.html

A 6.2L Supercharged V8 . . :drive1

Hubba hubba, I could live with that, just need to find one in Miami or Orlando. Failing that I'm going pure Clark Griswold.

Griswold_Car.jpg

I saw more roadsters in Cali than anything else. I'm relocating to Cali in a months time and was seriously considering shipping my Zed over there but apprently it would have to be modified for the emission laws! No thanks!! I like my exhaust!!! ;)

Super Stu

I was probably a bit too harsh with my comment on the Mustang. It's a good looking car with the roof down. Give it a good bit of welly and it shifts.

Couple of pics of the one we rented. Fits well on the driveway.

Also a couple different motors.

post-16659-0-38680100-1395954185_thumb.jpg

post-16659-0-60126700-1395954541_thumb.jpg

post-16659-0-76895900-1395954700_thumb.jpg

post-16659-0-54803700-1395954777_thumb.jpg

I love the Delorean, you just don't see many in real life, special treat. Thanks for sharing.

As for the Mustang, I've managed to find a convertible Camaro today, so I think I'm pretty well set on having another one of those, plus on a purely practical point I believe the boot is a bit bigger than the Mustang. Just need to talk my mates out of a Dodge Ram or a Cadillac Escalade :lol: