New 1000bhp Supra :-)

Phlukey

Just managed to get myself my dream Supra and I'm over the moon! (Don't panic, 350 is staying too) ;-)

It's a 1000bhp TRD wide body aerotop 6spd Single turbo that I managed to secure through JM imports. I've loved the car for so long and watched it being built over on Supra forums. I've missed having a Supra ever since selling my last Veilside one, but I vowed that if this one ever came up for sale, I'd try my darnedest to get it...... Well that day has finally come and I collect her Monday......... Can't wait!!!!!!! :-p

Here's a link to the sale ad on JM Imports website........

http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/1996-toyota-supra-gt47-single-turbo-aerotop-6-speed-1000bhp/

• Like 3

Oh my days i can't even begin to imagine what that car would be like to drive...insane I would think.

So come on, price says sold, what does something ridiculous like that cost to buy ... And what does something like that cost to build?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol well it cost in the region of £50K to build I'm told. The advertised price was £35K, but I've sworn blind to the previous owner that I would not disclose the final agreed price. All I'll say is that for the money I paid, I am very happy with the car I've ended up with.

It's an absolute ANIMAL and I honestly can't think of many things with more than 2 wheels this side of £100K that can match it for performance or the sheer adrenaline kick it gives when the LOUD pedal goes down :-)

Indeed Doogy. I was looking at R35 GTRs. I test drove one from Tunbridge Wells NHPC and I was very impressed, but couldn't help but feel that it was almost 'too good' at what it did. They are awesome cars and are ridiculously quick, but reasonably undramatic in the process (progressive power delivery, glued to the road handling etc). I'm sure I'll own one at some point when I eventually grow up a bit lol, but for now I wanted something mental. I'd always fancied having a big power single turbo Supra when I had my BPU car and I figured if I didn't do it now, then I probably never would :-)

Oh my days i can't even begin to imagine what that car would be like to drive...insane I would think.

So come on, price says sold, what does something ridiculous like that cost to buy ... And what does something like that cost to build?!

stole the words from my mouth, I couldn't imagine how quickly this would eat up the roads, congratulations on your monster.

Lol well it cost in the region of £50K to build I'm told. The advertised price was £35K, but I've sworn blind to the previous owner that I would not disclose the final agreed price. All I'll say is that for the money I paid, I am very happy with the car I've ended up with.

It's an absolute ANIMAL and I honestly can't think of many things with more than 2 wheels this side of £100K that can match it for performance or the sheer adrenaline kick it gives when the LOUD pedal goes down :-)

Fair enough - at the end of the day it's hard to price a car like that. It's worth what it's worth to you and sounds like you are over the moon....and that's what matters :D

Hope it lives upto what you hope :D

Indeed Doogy. I was looking at R35 GTRs. I test drove one from Tunbridge Wells NHPC and I was very impressed, but couldn't help but feel that it was almost 'too good' at what it did. They are awesome cars and are ridiculously quick, but reasonably undramatic in the process (progressive power delivery, glued to the road handling etc). I'm sure I'll own one at some point when I eventually grow up a bit lol, but for now I wanted something mental. I'd always fancied having a big power single turbo Supra when I had my BPU car and I figured if I didn't do it now, then I probably never would :-)

Exactly what I felt with the GTR. I started a thread on here saying similar. It is fast, but just didn't give me that thrill I wished it would!

Sounds like I need a 1000bhp :D

Cheers guys :-) The only real area where a car of this spec suffers a bit is turbo lag, but it is liveable. The built engine helps, as rev limit is upped to 8K to give a more usable power band (depending on gear boost starts around 4K and hits full boost of 1.8bar at around 6K). Also this car has a Syvecs S6 management system, which packs some cool tricks like launch control and rolling anti lag that help.

A future change I may also look into is a stroker kit. This kit utilises a crank which increases piston stroke and thus displacement from 3.0L to 3.4L. This results in increased mid range torque and faster turbo spool (due to increased exhaust gas displacement). This is a common setup progression for Supra's with Turbos of this size (T6 80mm).

Glad I'm not the only one that felt this way Meeerrrk. I wouldn't say it was a disappointment by any means, just not what I expected and too refined for what I'm after right now (I'm sure a few £k on mods could easily change this).

As a point for comparison.......

The previous owner of this Supra has just bought a Litchfield stage 4 MY10 GTR, so about 620bhp. I asked him how they compare and this is roughly what he said...... 'The GTR is fast in a different way. It's power is very progressive, like a constantly building wall of power. The Supra however feels more like someone is ramming their heel into my chest and pushing me back into the seat when it comes on boost'

So it's not to say that the GTR is not quick or is a lesser car, far from it, it'd be waaaay faster around a circuit and a lot more confidence inspiring in less than perfect conditions. They just go about being quick in very different ways and in the Supra's case it tends to induce a bit more adrenaline flow, for me at least.

Glad I'm not the only one that felt this way Meeerrrk. I wouldn't say it was a disappointment by any means, just not what I expected and too refined for what I'm after right now (I'm sure a few £k on mods could easily change this).

As a point for comparison.......

The previous owner of this Supra has just bought a Litchfield stage 4 MY10 GTR, so about 620bhp. I asked him how they compare and this is roughly what he said...... 'The GTR is fast in a different way. It's power is very progressive, like a constantly building wall of power. The Supra however feels more like someone is ramming their heel into my chest and pushing me back into the seat when it comes on boost'

So it's not to say that the GTR is not quick or is a lesser car, far from it, it'd be waaaay faster around a circuit and a lot more confidence inspiring in less than perfect conditions. They just go about being quick in very different ways and in the Supra's case it tends to induce a bit more adrenaline flow, for me at least.