Test drove Infinity G37 today !! Blumin ace!

stanski

Quite a few of the Zedders over here have either G35's or G37's as daily drivers. Knowing you Stan, you've probably just about got one by now. :p

haha well funny you should say that I have been doing my sums and I should be able to finance it however I need to sort some bits on my current car before I can part ex it first.

Will keep you posted thanks Bronzee :teeth:

If I still a Datsun badge over the Infiniti badge can I still come to club meets? ;)

Wow lost £20k in a year.

At £26k I can see why its under serious consideration, that's only about £2K above a 13 plate 370.

I am not going to help you but

BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT.

STOP WAIT!!!!!

Wait another year and get one for £6K :shrug::lol:

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 1

Wow lost £20k in a year.

At £26k I can see why its under serious consideration, that's only about £2K above a 13 plate 370.

I am not going to help you but

BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT.

STOP WAIT!!!!!

Wait another year and get one for £6K :shrug::lol:

Well thats the thing isnt it ? Being a new brand its in a strange place?They are trying to be Lexus type prestige brand which I am sure they are elsewhere in the world- we got a bag full of glossy brochures and a 'Lifestyle arty posh hotel/coffee table' magazine with plenty of cool photos on quality paper etc and infiniti cars randomly intertwined! Do marketing people thing we are all Sun readers!! ffs! Anyway you can get the earlier FX (4x4) which I always liked the look of cheaper than the G37 (which I think has been rebadged Q60 now for some reason?)

All Infiniti need to do is actually advertise their cars on the telly! its simple dont assume people will hear about you via osmosis?

This one will be a long term car I dont intend to get rid after 2 years or so but who knows we might run out of petrol before then anyway ....

The problem for Infinity is that at £30-40K price range they are competing with some pretty tough German competition....and an official rating of 26mpg rating in a 300bhp car is just not good enough theses days, not when the both the S4 and 435i offers 35mpg....I rule out getting a G37 based on the mpg alone :scare:.

I know people say you don't buy a 300BHP 6 cylinder car to worry about the mpg....I definitely don't care, but its ALOT easier to convince the other half that your buying a 'sensible' car when official mpg figures are in mid 30s compared to mid 20s. I know that there was no way my other half would have given the go ahead for me to buy a car that did less/same mpg as my old 350Z (my current 335i has an official mpg of 30, so I can tell my wife I've comprised and bought a more economical car than the Z every time she moans about filling it up :lol: ). I suspect most people in the Infiniti's target market will have other halves who need to be convinced that spending £40K on a car is a reasonable proposition :surrender: .....

Lucky for me the new hybrid/EV cars coming out may just mean in a few years time I'll be able to justify owning a fast car, that also has good official mpg rating which there other half will be happy with....come on Infinity by the time you've worked out how to make the 2014 RedBull actually complete a lap without overheating some of that hybrid tech must be destined for a road car :teeth:.

Edited by gangzoom

The problem for Infinity is that at £30-40K price range they are competing with some pretty tough German competition....and an official rating of 26mpg rating in a 300bhp car is just not good enough theses days, not when the both the S4 and 435i offers 35mpg....I rule out getting a G37 based on the mpg alone :scare:.

I know people say you don't buy a 300BHP 6 cylinder car to worry about the mpg....I definitely don't care, but its ALOT easier to convince the other half that your buying a 'sensible' car when official mpg figures are in mid 30s compared to mid 20s. I know that there was no way my other half would have given the go ahead for me to buy a car that did less/same mpg as my old 350Z (my current 335i has an official mpg of 30, so I can tell my wife I've comprised and bought a more economical car than the Z every time she moans about filling it up :lol: ). I suspect most people in the Infiniti's target market will have other halves who need to be convinced that spending £40K on a car is a reasonable proposition :surrender: .....

Lucky for me the new hybrid/EV cars coming out may just mean in a few years time I'll be able to justify owning a fast car, that also has good official mpg rating which there other half will be happy with....come on Infinity by the time you've worked out how to make the 2014 RedBull actually complete a lap without overheating some of that hybrid tech must be destined for a road car :teeth:.

You are right I think a lot of manufacturers still have the Yanks as their target market and well why not there are plenty of them? I suppose that price tag over there maybe is not the same 'Wtf!! ' reaction we have ?

I am very lucky my other half is also a sad petrol head so its not an issue with us! The way I have always looked at things, if I have to spend 2-3 hours a day in my car it might as well be a place I want to be rather than a sensible AUDI/BMW/Volvo kind of world! Probably why I like driving my 1973 VW Camper all those miles at least I sit there with a grin on my chops - plodding along at 65, looking at the masses in their euroboxes ! I am just weird I know.

We both had 350's but had to sell when little un came along but now she is bigger (well 4!) things are better no more pram to carry but we dont have to be sensible boring parents do we? :teeth:;)

Realistically I doubt very much anyone will be paying the full asking price on Infinities in this country I would guess there are ways and means and the dealers know it! :surrender:

I know seen it but red - if I turn up at work in a red one , it screams midlife crisis haha!

And the problem with that is what ?

haha I get enough stick as it is at work, plus I am not having a mid life crisis! My fave colour is either black or white for that body shape, red and that mid blue they do just does not suit it in my eyes?

This is the one I had for a night a while back, still not sold. Fantastic car too. Its just the engine that puts people off and the running costs.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309188842671/sort/locasc/usedcars/quicksearch/true/page/1/model/g37/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/infiniti/postcode/eh23bu/radius/1500?logcode=p

This is the one I had for a night a while back, still not sold. Fantastic car too. Its just the engine that puts people off and the running costs.

http://www.autotrade.../1500?logcode=p

Looks like good value for money...but at the same time, for the same money you can have a 335i from the same year, similar millage, but a combined mpg of 39.2 vs 26.6 for the Infiniti, Road tax of £475 for the Infiniti vs £200 for the 335i...and regardless of what the 'official' BHP figures say the 335 will out drag and out handle the G37. I think I read somewhere Infiniti barely sold 1000 cars in the whole of last year, not sure how long they can sustain that for before they pull out of the market :(

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

I did see quite a lot more G37s when over in the states, but they have much cheaper petrol, and Infiniti has a much more aggressive pricing. One of our family cousin bought a pretty much new fully loaded G37 for $40K, where as the 335i started at $40K before you add any options.

The 335i does have a good engine and you do get a good bit of performance but at the end of the day (unless you are the stereotype ...'hidden performance guy/girl' ...yawn) its just a 3 series coupe with two pipes on its backside. Theres nothing exciting about them at all. Even the interior you don't get the nice ...little ..but nice touches like aluminium pedals etc... everything comes at a cost..extra cost. If you were gonna buy a 335i new ...just put more by and get an M3 lol For that reason second hand a 335 wouldn't even interest me in the slightest. Plus fuel economy apparently isn't an issue. Anyway I better stop ranting before my hate for most BMW's looks and blandness comes out lol Good handling but just...most high models look the same as your basic 118, 318, 418 whatever there calling em lol. God Nissan hurry up and bring a replacement for the 370Z... were lagging behind now I think lol

• Like 1

The 335i does have a good engine and you do get a good bit of performance but at the end of the day (unless you are the stereotype ...'hidden performance guy/girl' ...yawn) its just a 3 series coupe with two pipes on its backside. Theres nothing exciting about them at all. Even the interior you don't get the nice ...little ..but nice touches like aluminium pedals etc... everything comes at a cost..extra cost. If you were gonna buy a 335i new ...just put more by and get an M3 lol For that reason second hand a 335 wouldn't even interest me in the slightest. Plus fuel economy apparently isn't an issue. Anyway I better stop ranting before my hate for most BMW's looks and blandness comes out lol Good handling but just...most high models look the same as your basic 118, 318, 418 whatever there calling em lol. God Nissan hurry up and bring a replacement for the 370Z... were lagging behind now I think lol

Trust me I looked long and hard for anything but a BMW/Audi to replace my 350Z....in the end it came down to a S4 or 335, having a mortgage and wife means my car upgrade choices were limited to say the least :surrender: (still not really a bad dilemma to have). Though now that I've got a just a few choice mods on the 335 (thanks to Mitz/Andy at CS) I wouldn't swap it for anything else, swapping it for a E90 M3 (never a option for me thanks to my wife taking a dislike to its bonnet vents) would now be a downgrade for me in terms of performance, and the fact the 335 looks like a 320D is bonus for me B).

Now I just wish the thing would stop breaking down :lol:....But if Nissan/Honda/Toyota could make a saloon/coupe that offers the better performance/economy I would happily get back into something Japanese, the new Lexus IS350 is first Jap car I've seen that can match a S4/335, though its not nearly quick enough to temp me out of my 335.

Edited by gangzoom

You are right though, when looking for something similar to a Zed...there isn't much...a good thing and a bad thing in itself. How many rear wheel drive bruiser loookin' coupes with good power are there (that look unique and special). Not many :(

Edited by AMT

You are right though, when looking for something similar to a Zed...there isn't much...a good thing and a bad thing in itself. How many rear wheel drive bruiser loookin' coupes with good power are there (that look unique and special). Not many :(

There are you just have to start paying serious cash for them as you get into the Aston badges league, which being a poor petrolhead I dont have.

I did some research about Infiniti in the UK - seems like they have a long term plan after all they will even be building a new model in the NorthEast in the Nissan Plant,and using diesel Merc engines! So fingers crossed they will be around long enough ! They cant be as bad as Chrysler with the new 300c (which I was considering I have to add - I did own the first model for a while) they must have sold 3 in the UK! :lol:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Q30-concept-2013-first-picture-of-Vettel-tuned-A-class-rival/

Yeah that's just it, theres not many in the Z's price bracket, ok cayman etc but...really? lol Would love a Vantage as its not a million miles away in terms of dreams but still cost a fortune to run. Infiniti are on a bit of a run, there new car looks good and hopefully so should any future ones. They just get a bit of stick though cos of the weird steering thing.

Hi Z Legend, i hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

You may have already spoken about this, but have you looked at the G37 (now Q60)? It's got a very similar engine to the 370. Admittedly they haven't held their value as much as we would have liked so you can pick up one now for a bit of bargain!

I also feel compelled to say the Steer-by-wire system does have a mechanical back up if all else fails :scare:

Cheers

I do like the look of these. I'm not really sure that they make financial sense but I think the exclusivity would be ace. Infiniti have none of the negative stereotypes attached to them that you'll get with a BMW or Audi (or Partridge associations of Lexus :lol: ) and you may just get flashed out of junctions.

When I replaced all the Nissan badges with Zed badges on my old 350, I used to love watching folk wandering round it trying to work out what it was. You wouldn't even have to change the badges, Stan!

Haha thanks for the comments.

Money+sense+sensible running costs+practical car < or not = to Stan!!

Inspite of the potential zed like running costs I have a deposit down on a very nice G37!

It sounds like a zed(complete with same tyre noise) appears to handle like a zed and puts the same zed smile back on my face! So it had to be the zed with rear mini adult seats and a suitable boot!

I hope to pick it up next Friday, all being well.

The best bit, its the nearest colour I will get to Interlagos Fire !! Well sort of toned down anyway...

Will post some pics once I get it.

So back to the world of expensive, tyres, tax , servicing, insurance and of course petrol!

Watch this space....

• Like 2