The ilogikal1 test thread

ilogikal1

I can tell you're very keen on detailing. Could you recommend me some products. Looking for Snowfoam, Shampoo. I'm receiving Prima Amigo and Soft99 Fusso Dark for Christmas, have you tried either of these two?

Not used Fusso, no. I have used Prima Amigo in the past though, it's a very good glaze.

Snowfoam I recommend Car Chem (or 5 litres) Bilt Hamber AutoFoam or Auto Finesse Avalanche - depending on which is cheapest (don't forget delivery charges), they all clean very well.

Shampoo would depend on what you're after ultimately - whether you want a "pure" shampoo or one to top-up protection and/or gloss.

For a pure shampoo I recommend either Car Chem 1900:1 (or 5ltr, or that with your choice of name & scent) or Gyeon Bathe.

If you want a top-up shampoo I recommend BriteMax CleanMax or the absolutely superb Gyeon Bathe+ which, if used regularly, can be used as an LSP in it's own right.

Brilliant :D I'm using Car Chem now and it doesn't seem to pull any dirt off at all. Not sure what I'm doing wrong ðŸ˜! Fusso is classed as a sealant so I'm going to be topping with Collinite 476S will this be okay combo to use? Can't wait to use Prima Amigo. I've heard fantastic things and I'm sure it will add some real depth to my gunmetal Z :D

Brilliant :D I'm using Car Chem now and it doesn't seem to pull any dirt off at all. Not sure what I'm doing wrong í ½í¸! Fusso is classed as a sealant so I'm going to be topping with Collinite 476S will this be okay combo to use? Can't wait to use Prima Amigo. I've heard fantastic things and I'm sure it will add some real depth to my gunmetal Z :D

That's odd, it works very well for me. What dilution are you using it at? Do you know at what ratio it's hitting the panel?

Colli will happily sit over Fusso, but they're quite similar products so I'm not sure there's much point in layering them really - they're both hybrids, although I think Colli is more wax and Fusso more sealant if I'm not mistaken. There's nothing to stop you using both but personally I'd go for one or the other.

Id probably say I'm using dilution in the feeder bottle 5(water):1(SF). People just say Fusso should be locked in by a wax. Would you just recommend a carnauba product?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try a lower dilution - I tend to use it neat in the bottle and adjust the dilution with the foam lance these days. I've calculated the PIR (panel impact ratio) on mine to be at about 5-6% which I find works well on a filthy car.

Personally I wouldn't top Fusso with anything myself unless I wanted to add to the finish - a carnauba wax should add a bit of warmth and depth that Fusso might lack on it's own, but I understand that Fusso gives a decent wet-look finish on it's own so I wouldn't say it was necessary. I don't think there's anything to gain in terms of durability or water behaviour either as Fusso is supposed to be great on both counts itself.

As I say, you could top it with either Colli or a carnauba rich wax (or both of you really wanted to), but I probably wouldn't bother myself*.

*Actually, that's probably not true. I probably would, but more out of curiosity rather than need... like the wax test I'll be conducting tomorrow, for example. :lol:

I do, I used the very imaginative username @ilogikal1 on there. :D

I must admit I've not really looked too much into Fusso but I had the impression from DW that it was quite durable - I may be thinking of something else actually, thinking about it... or it could just have been the rampant fanboism that's misled me.

I would (now) be tempted to test it on it's own first and see what sort of durability I would get from it with Amigo. :lol:

There's no harm in topping it with something, if durability is the aim then something synthetic should bond better I would have thought but then you'll lose the water behaviour of Fusso.

I do, I used the very imaginative username @ilogikal1 on there. :D

I must admit I've not really looked too much into Fusso but I had the impression from DW that it was quite durable - I may be thinking of something else actually, thinking about it... or it could just have been the rampant fanboism that's misled me.

I would (now) be tempted to test it on it's own first and see what sort of durability I would get from it with Amigo. :lol:

There's no harm in topping it with something, if durability is the aim then something synthetic should bond better I would have thought but then you'll lose the water behaviour of Fusso.

You have a new follower â˜ºï¸ well when I use it I'll be sure to throw some photos on Instagram :-) love this thread lots of helpful info :D

• Like 1

You have a new follower â˜ºï¸ well when I use it I'll be sure to throw some photos on Instagram :-) love this thread lots of helpful info :D

As do you. ;)

I'm glad people are finding some of it useful, I always just think of this thread as somewhere for me to witter on about detailing without the bored faces of my friends. :lol:

• Like 1

As do you. ;)

I'm glad people are finding some of it useful, I always just think of this thread as somewhere for me to witter on about detailing without the bored faces of my friends. :lol:

I'm a real sucker for a good product though!! What wash mitt do you use? I'm currently using a microfibre noodle mitt but thinking I want a change in the new year 😕

I'm a real sucker for a good product though!! What wash mitt do you use? I'm currently using a microfibre noodle mitt but thinking I want a change in the new year 😕

Currently using a Microfibre Madness Incredisponge which I really like, I'd only consider changing it for the Incredipad - they do a mit as well but I found I tend to use mits like sponges or pads rather than as a mit anyway; I'm so over mits. :lol:

Hahaha! You're a sucker for a test, and I love it!! People just say Fusso wears off quite quickly if not locked in with something on top. I'll be sure to throw some photos up. Do you have Instagram I can follow you on? Thanks

Fusso Soft 99 is very durable, and I wouldn't top it at all, not even with Collinite. Soft 99 is a sealant and has excellent water behaviour, better even than Collinite and from what I've seen, I think will be at least as durable. I think you're thinking of Fusso Authentic Wax which is another excellent product, but isn't that durable itself. In the summer, it's been known for people to top the Soft 99 with the Authentic, for looks*. In winter however, this would be counter productive as you would lose the sealant benefits of the Soft 99.

If you want the most durable wax with carnauba in it, the Finis Wax by Bilt Hamber is it.

*I'm of the opinion that looks come from the prep work anyway and the lsp's job is to protect the paint and adds very little, if anything to the looks IF the prep (decontamination/polishing and what not) has been done right.

• Like 1

Hahaha! You're a sucker for a test, and I love it!! People just say Fusso wears off quite quickly if not locked in with something on top. I'll be sure to throw some photos up. Do you have Instagram I can follow you on? Thanks

Fusso Soft 99 is very durable, and I wouldn't top it at all, not even with Collinite. Soft 99 is a sealant and has excellent water behaviour, better even than Collinite and from what I've seen, I think will be at least as durable. I think you're thinking of Fusso Authentic Wax which is another excellent product, but isn't that durable itself. In the summer, it's been known for people to top the Soft 99 with the Authentic, for looks*. In winter however, this would be counter productive as you would lose the sealant benefits of the Soft 99.

If you want the most durable wax with carnauba in it, the Finis Wax by Bilt Hamber is it.

*I'm of the opinion that looks come from the prep work anyway and the lsp's job is to protect the paint and adds very little, if anything to the looks IF the prep (decontamination/polishing and what not) has been done right.

Couldn't agree more. Wax doesn't make shine. Wax will create a gloss and a protective barrier after polishing/glazing. With Prima Amigo underneath Fusso i believe it will be a fantastic combo!! Thanks for your input. I'm for sure getting some Fusso Dark. Do you have Instagram too? You seem very keen on detailing too!

Currently using a Microfibre Madness Incredisponge which I really like, I'd only consider changing it for the Incredipad - they do a mit as well but I found I tend to use mits like sponges or pads rather than as a mit anyway; I'm so over mits. :lol:

They look incredibly interesting. YOU LOVE MAKING ME SPEND MONEY DONT YOU!! Haha

• Like 1

I can't believe you don't know how to use a mitt????? :lol: The incredimitt has an elastic thing inside it you hold on to too :)

Do you use the incredimitt then? I'm stuck between pad and sponge ������

Yeah, it's decent. Nice and thick, holds a good volume of soapy water too. Fairly drains your wash bucket out during a wash, needs to be topped up a couple of times I find. It's better than the lambs wool mitt I used to have, which is now in reserve. I got a great wheel mitt as well, can't think who sold it.

Edit - it's a captain crevice

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/dodo-juice/captain-crevice-wheel-mitt.aspx

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

The wax is on the bonnet.

Apologies for the phone pictures & the water spots caused by laziness and procrastination when washing.

Fotor_141873532859718_zpsebksyksg.jpg

They are all Waxaddict offerings from the last 3 Waxyboxes (Edition 19 was from the Halloween box, not the one from box 19).

The two on the left are from the Christmas hamper so in case anyone is waiting to open theirs I'll keep the identities disguised until after Christmas - if you don't want to know what they are then don't look in this;

Top left is Edition 18. Bottom left is Vitreo. One of them has been "tweaked" for easier application in winter temperatures - I can't remember which one and I'm not sure how it differs from the retail version though.

The other four are Edition 19 (top middle), a whole new blend from box 20 (bottom middle), Edition 20 & Edition 20 with a different scent (I think that's the only difference between the two) on the right.

Edition 19 is not solid but not quite cream-like consistency in the pot so it's easy to over apply. It's quite easy to apply once you take that into consideration though, it spreads well and has about 8-10 minute cure time. Upon removal it's a little bit oily so needs a more thorough buffing but it's still quite easy to remove too.

The new blend in the tiny little pot was applied with my fingers because of the tiny little pot, as such the layer wasn't quite as thin as I would have liked. That said, it did spread well (again, the size of the pot limited how much could I apply at any given time though). I gave it 9 minutes to cure and it wiped off completely effortlessly with minimal buffing.

The two "mystery" waxes (which you might be able to guess the identity of), without going into too much detail, were both very easy on & off and very nice to work with.

Those four look like this after buffing;

65cb4d42-2ea7-41dd-8634-d323d35f0dd2_zpsfece7018.jpg

And on the other side, the two Edition 20 blends. As previously said, I believe the only difference in the blend is the scent, however there is a slight colour difference too - one is a shade or two of green darker than the other. Or one is a shade or two of green lighter than the other. Depending on your philosophical stand-point.

95596df1-a330-4273-b7bb-41be1cd8ec47_zps489e1d94.jpg

Anyway, moving on... Both were almost identical to work with; the top one of the two (the lighter green) was a little more difficult to load the applicator - it took a couple of swipes rather than just the one. Aside from that, both were very easy to apply, spread easily, have an 8-12 minute cure time (I allowed about 10... ish) and both wiped off very easily with little buffing.

Edition 19, the tiny little pot of wax and Edition 20's, once buffed, look like this;

fb503b13-5804-4338-8b5f-f3750005d883_zpsd03ed0ef.jpg

Now I know there are some people on here, myself very much included, who have not got on with previous blends of the Waxybox development waxes - whilst I found some to be a bit awkward to apply or curing times being awkward to say the least the one consistent problem for was was that removal was difficult in almost all cases. These 5 blends are all very different. Whilst Edition 19 was the tricky one out of this lot and the one I liked the least, it was not by any means a pain to work with. They do demonstrate just how far the development has come with these waxes though, culminating with Edition 20 which is right up there with some of my favourite waxes for ease of use - it's not quite Poorboys Natty's or FK1000P though but that's only because the Waxaddict blends are more time sensitive whereas PB & FK you can leave for days before buffing easily (trust me on that, I've tried it! :D ).

Just a quick note on those two "mystery" waxes (Christmas hamper spoilers contained within - you've been warned!)

Whilst at least one of these isn't quite the retail version, these are two of the three retail waxes from Waxaddict. If you've only tried some/one of the early development blends from previous Waxyboxes and written them off since - as I must admit I have tended to do largely myself - I can only suggest that you give either Edition 18 or Vitreo a chance if you can, even if they're the only ones. They really are leaps and bounds ahead of where they started. Not only are they now usable waxes, they're actually very pleasant waxes to use now.

That's your lot for now.

Today I turned my attention to the Gyeon Prime coated Leon. I believe this may actually be the first wash it's had since Prime was applied 3 months (and three days) ago, although it may actually be the second. Either way, the Leon has been somewhat neglected of late and it showed;

S0013352_zps036fb0d6.jpg

S0033356_zps43c1daf4.jpg

S0043360_zpsf9ab91d1.jpg

S0063365_zps4179aa17.jpg

S0073368_zpsf2bcde26.jpg

S0083372_zps5f6e1343.jpg

Obligatory 350Z content!

S0103377_zpse4faa040.jpg

S0113380_zps46a0e61d.jpg

S0123382_zps0dc4fecf.jpg

So yeah, it kinda needed a bit of a wash...

My fellow Instagram followers might have seen my latest raid of Car Chem's stock but for those who haven't, I've got some new toys to play with. :D One of which is Citrus Cleaner so I opted to test this out against Auto Finesse Citrus Power, as such here's a review.

AF CP is £10/litre (or the more economical £35/5 litres... unless Amazon have it on offer still, then it's less than that). CC CC is £5.99/500ml (or the much more economical £27.99/ 5 litres), however CC CC is dilutable whereas AF CP is designed to be used neat.

Car Chem say; "Recommended dilutions: Very heavy soiling - use neat / Heavy soiling - 10:1 / Medium soiling - 50:1 / light soiling - 100:1.", so by that you could have 505 litres for your £27.99. Or you could have 5 litres for your £27.99. Or anything betwixt.

Anyway, I decided to mix up a "medium soiling" dilution... ish and then chucked 50ml of CC CC into to a litre of water anyway.

S0133386_zps7d79c3ad.jpg

And then I decanted out a litre of AF CP.

S0143388_zps6eb37713.jpg

And then proceeded to attack the filthy, filthy Leon with it. They each got two wheels (one each side, one front and one rear each) and associated arches. On the sides of the car I did the front wing and door with one and rear door and quarter panel with the other on one side and then reversed that on the other. On the front and rear I simply did one half with CC and one with AF. Everything was left to soak whilst I set up the pressure washer and was then thoroughly rinsed as usual.

I have no pictures of the during, but both visibly removed a certain amount of dirt but neither was a completely touchless was by any means - it's almost as if the car hadn't been cleaned in several months... oh wait! In my opinion AF CP cleaned a marginally better on the tougher dirt, however CC CC was diluted 20:1. That said, the entire car needed another hit of pre-wash regardless of what was used where, so I guesstimated some volumes and chucked in some more CC CC concentrate to give a dilution close to 10:1 and went around the car again.

This time there wasn't much difference in cleaning power between the two but both did pull off more dirt again. I'd be happy to suggest that CC CC at 10:1 is just as good as AF CP neat, so from a financial perspective £5.99/5.5 litres compared to £35/5 litres is a fairer comparison. Or £27.99/55 litres if you prefer. Quite economical then - moreso if you wash your more than once every 3 months, however I'm not sure 100:1 dilution would be much use as part of a touchless wash but it may be possible for cleaning door sills and the likes or with some agitation - which is very much something you don't want to be doing during a pre-wash! I will, at some point, be trying the lower dilutions as a wheel cleaner.

So with that out of the way, I then proceeded onto the wash - 2bm with today's shampoo of choice coming in the form of Bathe+. Even before the pre-wash Prime was showing no signs of wear at all and was even beading through the dirt after the pre-wash so Bathe+ was chosen for it's cleaning abilities and lubrication rather than to top up the protection (and I've run out of normal Bathe). I also agitated the face of the wheels with a Valet Pro brush but did nothing more to them than that and the pre-wash/rinse, partially through laziness but also because I have a longer term plan in my mind which will be revealed when I can be bothered to do it. :teeth:

In the mean time, have some after pictures.

S0153389_zps25a589f6.jpg

S0173394_zps9d39abf6.jpg

S0193400_zpsdbdcfdca.jpg

S0203403_zps4d694dfb.jpg

S0243413_zps764a49e7.jpg

S0253416_zps35b16e98.jpg

S0263420_zpsf675d11d.jpg

And finally; beading (sorry Stu, it's the trademarked "Ilogikal1 simulated beads" again).

S0303429_zps00474922.jpg

Nanolex Rejuvinate & Bathe+

S0313434_zps322d4d46.jpg

Prime & Bathe+

S0333439_zpsecae2abb.jpg

S0343442_zps77b59daa.jpg

I eventually made some sort of effort to obtain some beading pictures of the various LSP's on the Z. I think I must have been drunk though because most of them came out like this;

S0133476_zps532a4575.jpg

Also, by time I got round to that it was dark and the lighting in the garage isn't exactly studio quality. In fact it's quite ****, however I'm doing the Christmas rounds starting early tomorrow morning so I won't get another opportunity now for over a week. Hence these will have to do.

Bottom mystery wax;

S0133478_zps978b86d5.jpg

S0233502_zps6f24ae38.jpg

Top mystery wax;

S0033451_zps4d948bc3.jpg

Unlabelled tiny pot of stuff;

S0153483_zpsfc00ee1e.jpg

Edition 19;

S0173488_zps02c1aab5.jpg

Edition 20 (top)

S0403560_zps26877ed5.jpg

Edition 20 (bottom)