The ilogikal1 test thread

ilogikal1

Back to the wax test. Another wash today as I wont have time at the weekend and there's been some 'developments' - I'll leave you to guess (presuming anyone actually cares too :lol: ) what's done what for now whilst I download some po... er, I mean, do the write up.

I'll leave you one clue though, one of them was a massive surprise (to me at least).

Actual update will follow at some point. Probably.

Ecotouch quickwax is still making your desk bead, even after a month of "heavy research sessions" on the internet?

• Like 1

So the actual update then.

Again the car was washed with Glacierwax Pure shampoo after a BH Auto Foam pre-wash.

You might remember that there's a tape's width of a single layer of each wax on the bonnet. Well (after the wash and in terms of water behaviour) there was a clear and distinctive line where where the waxes met each other, there was a small difference on both of the Dodo Juice sections between one and two layers

Can you see where the tape line is? :lol:

S0300761_zpsfa5fd33a.jpg

For a change of pace, the pictures are going to focus on the sheeting this time, largely because there's been a lot of beading pictures so far.

#17's

S0110717_zpsf4c27f3a.jpg

This was after a couple of minutes. It's not looking good, the sheeting was slow and the panel didn't actually clear fully at the back - if you recall, it's claimed the wax has variable durability depending on buffing time. Well, if you buff it at 1 minute then you get durability of under five weeks. Although delaying buffing seems to gain you days rather than weeks or months. It's a bit of a meh product for me - I was hoping for better durability given the difficulties with buffing off but given it's a development for Waxybox waxes (which are now being branded as WaxAddict rather than Waxybox) it's a step forward on previous versions.

The beading's pretty damning though;

S0160729_zps5baf6ff8.jpg

S0170731_zps88d38375.jpg

AF Tripple & Britemax AIOMax have also given up entirely, but a month from an AIO is pretty good going so I'm not disappointed by either here.

AF Revive has died off a little bit. It stills looks good, but the beading isn't as strong, I wouldn't feel it necessary to re-dress these areas yet but I would be looking to add some protection instead.

Nanolex Trim Rejuvinator has shown precisely no change. At all. No pictures of these four though (my photography skills failed me. Again.).

EcoTouch Quick Wax, which was going strong barely 2 weeks ago has completely failed now. There appears to be no drop off period, it's just gone. All or nothing with this, it seems. The sheeting, even on vertical sections, is slow to the point of virtual non-existence, the beading is terrible too. This was taken after however long it took me to get the camera and take photos of the bonnet first. Given the ease of application, a quick spray and wipe down once a month(ish) isn't exactly the end of the world. It's impressed me but it's not really a wonder product for me.

S0090711_zps9d7c989b.jpg

Car Chem Hard Shell

S0130723_zpsb7039d34.jpg

Now this one's not quite as straight forward. The sheeting is very slow - this was taken after several minutes and as you can see the water hasn't exactly got far - but given enough time the panel was virtually bone dry. It did struggle just below the rear window where the angle of the bodywork doesn't allow the water to run off as easily, but this was previously being drawn off by the water sheeting off the section below - the douzen or so large blobs of water you can see above remained where they are there until the sun reappeared in the morning. The beading is mediocre, it's not great but it's not terrible either. It's just about hanging on but I'm not convinced it'll last much longer.

Nanolex Nanowax is still going strong with little to no change. The sheeting (which I lack photos of) is still a little slower than some of the waxes on the bonnet as it was when fresh but still much faster than any of the failing/failed products above. The good thing about Nanowax is that it leaves the panel bone dry when water is sheeted off. The beading isn't quite as tight as it was when fresh, but it's still bloody good. I seem to be short-changing Nanowax on the photo front so I'll make sure I get some good pics next time.

FK2685, Poorboys Blue, DJ Blue Velvet, DJ Purple Haze, AW Desirable & AF Desire;

72aaa6aa-404f-429d-9a3a-9521e7f6830f_zpsef956d4c.jpg

FK2685 is still going strong. Beading has deteriorated slightly since application but it's still good and the sheeting is still strong.

S0070706_zpse6403747.jpg

Poorboys Blue still going strong in both beading and sheeting. Still the fastest sheeter although the sheeting is leaving the panel much wetter now compared to when it was first applied, it's more on par with the others on the bonnet in that respect now.

S0060705_zps9dd02a07.jpg

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet slower sheeting than both the Poorboys and FK, but still strong and relatively quick itself. The beading is slightly compromised but not by a huge amount.

S0050702_zpsd90e0e51.jpg

Dodo Juice Purple Haze virtually identical to Blue Velvet except the sheeting, whilst every bit as quick as BV, leaves the panel slightly wetter.

S0040700_zps55519fa8.jpg

Auto Finesse Desire still sheets at the same rate (between FK & the Dodo Juices) but now seems to leave the panel somewhat dryer. The beading appears to be slightly more compromised than some others and is by no means as tight as it used to be but is still good.

S0020696_zpsdc424024.jpg

Which leave us with...

Angelwax Desireable. As you may have worked out from the above, the news of this one is not good. Sheeting is.... non-existant. Beading is equally unimpressive. This is a wax that has claimed durability of upto 6 months yet I've seen less than 6 weeks from it. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

The only thing this has got going for it at the moment is that it has a large following who swear by the stuff, including a number of people's whose opinions on these things I hold in high regard so I would be willing to try this again, perhaps fiddling with the application, so in the mean time I'll just say that I haven't got on with this wax (yet).

The beading, or what passes for beading;

S0250746_zps17c6d6f9.jpg

This was after a little over a minute. It wasn't much improved 5 minutes after that either.

S0030698_zps9224520e.jpg

And to put it in context with the rest of the bonnet;

S0010694_zps69a250cd.jpg

So, #17's, EcoTouch and a shock exit from Desirable are all gone.

Hard Shell is on the ropes.

Everything else is going strong.

That's your lot.

Edited by ilogikal1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right then, 10 days, 450miles and wash number 3 under the belt sees some small developments on the wax front.

I'll start by saying that after the wash I've decided that Desirable (double checked to make sure I got that right :lol: ), #17 waxes and EcoToush Quick Wax were deader than Monty's (well Mr Praline's) parrot. Hardshell was just about clinging on for dear life last week. Well it's not any more; the sheeting had disappeared and the water was just left sat on the paint. So with the arrival of July's Waxybox bringing me some more goodies, I took the opportunity to try some new LSP's. It's probably worth mentioning at this point that I did no prep work whatsoever, it was just a wash and then a single coat of each LSP so I'm not expecting that absolute best durability from this lot.

So, the new LSP list is as such;

The wing mirrors, previously wearing AIOMax & Tripple, now wear Nanowax (largely because I wanted a reference point for how much the sheeting has changed on the doors)

The spoiler (previously Hardshell) & the upper, middle section of the bonnet (previously Desirable) now wear Waxaddict/Waxybox #18 development wax.

The rest of the boot hatch (previously Hardshell) is wearing Gyeon Cure.

The roof is wearing Dr Beasley's PlasmaCoat.

The front bumper (previously EcoTouch) is now adorned with Valet Pro Citrus Bling (mixed 1:1 as a quick wax).

Now it just wouldn't be an update from me if I didn't forget photos of something, this time it was the turn of Citrus Bling. However I do have pictures, so I'll just leave them here.

So, starting with Nanolex Nanowax;

S0211154_zps01a0eb44.jpg

The sheeting appeared to be quite slow after the snow foam, but seemed slightly quicker after the wash. Compared to the wax combinations on the surrounding panels, this was bar far the slowest sheeter on the sides of the car, but then it also left the panel by far the driest too. The beading, however, is still quite spectacular for a 7 week old wax (let alone for the AIO that it technically is!).

S0231158_zpsb23ae156.jpg

Onto the bonnet.

Poorboys Natty's Blue;

S0301177_zps8d88ac90.jpg

Showing its age here, the sheeting is still pretty good, although nowhere near as good as it was when applied, and the beading's flat and not as tight as it once was but it's holding on.

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet:

S0321181_zpsce0b7ced.jpg

Similar story here, both the sheeting and beading have dropped off a bit but it's still going.

Dodo Juice Purple Haze;

S0351187_zps27587257.jpg

And again, a noticeable decline in both sheeting and beading but clearly still doing it's job.

FK2685;

S0391195_zpsfeede4f6.jpg

Both the beading and the sheeting is roughly the same as last time, the beading's dropped off a bit since application but the sheeting is still very strong here.

The one being difficult this time out is Auto Finesse Desire;

S0411199_zpsd2a2c93b.jpg

Similar story on the beading front, in as much as it's declined since it was applied although to my eye it's to a much lesser extent than the others. Which is good.

The sheeting, however, was very inconsistent across this wax. For the most part, it was pretty much as expected per the previous reports (i.e. not the quickest, but still good), however the left and top sides was much, much worse than the rest of the Desire area. There's no difference in beading in these areas though so I'll keep an eye on that.

And the new wax on the scene... by which I mean bonnet, Waxaddict Development Wax #18;

S0261166_zps6c6a0db2.jpg

Which currently looks a bit different to the others. :lol:

Apparently the formula for this has already been tweaked based on feedback, so this is eesentially already out of date information, but nonetheless; application was a piece of cake, a firm (but not too firm) consistency to the wax similar to Poorboys meant it was easy to load the applicator, it spread very easily to get a thin layer and after ~5minutes it passed the swipe test and I began to buff it off (it suggested leaving 5-10 minutes to cure, I was working on the basis that previously the longer you leave the Waxybox development waxes, the more difficult they are to remove. Other feedback suggests that was not the case with this one, but I didn't know that at the time). So buffing off was quite easy, although I found it left quite an oily finish at first. I then gave it a secondary buff and all was good. It seems the longer you leave this one, the less there is a need for a second buff. However, as said the formula has now been tweaked to remove the grabbiness (when it's left on for longer) and the initial oily finish.

I've previously said that #17 was a step in the right direct for the development of their wax, well this is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of application pre-tweaks. Even if it's only as durable as #17, it's still a big improvement in my opinion.

This is it on the spoiler too.

S0461214_zps9d2067a7.jpg

Gyeon Cure;

S0131134_zpsb098dd7c.jpg

This is an odd product to fit into a typical pigeon hole, it's probably best likened to Sonax BSD in that it's sort of a QD but really a sealant with other uses. It's sold by Gyeon as a top up/maintenance product for their coatings, marketed as product to cure (hence the name) the water-spotting issues that are typical of fresh coatings but that can also act as a standalone sealant. So I'm using it very much as the latter. Application is about as easy a spray sealants can be; spray, wipe, buff. It spread easily and almost buffed itself off whilst spreading, the actual buffing was equally as easy to get a streak-free finish and I used very little product. The surface felt ridiculously slick afterwards too. The beading's pretty good as well.

S0141135_zpse4770fc1.jpg

Dr Beasley's PlasmaCoat;

S0431204_zps8ab0e449.jpg

I've wanted to try this pretty much since they released it, but I never got round to it. Waxybox kindly corrected that for me as an added bonus for being an Elite member, which was nice. :D

Anyway, this is a bit different to my usual LSP in that it's a hand cream type consistency which is neither like a paste wax nor a liquid wax. Luckily I only had a tiny pot (I'd guess it's about 5ml-ish) so I couldn't really overload the applicator too much. Application was very easy, it spread very well and it's easy enough to get a thin layer provided you keep spreading. The instructions are a bit sparse with this, but from what I have managed to glean from various sources is that it's WOWO (wipe on wipe off) with no curing needed, although other sources suggest leaving it a couple of minutes to bond before wiping off. I tried both and to be honest it made no difference either way in terms of ease of removal. Buffing was, for the most part, very easy however as I moved around the car I noticed certain swipes from the applicator were being stubborn and I ended up using a QD remove it entirely to avoid marring the paint. I didn't instantly fall in love with this as I had hoped I would, but I would like to have another bash at this. Luckily I have just about enough in the tiny little sample pot left to do just that, so the jury's still out at the moment. The finish is great, even with it not being fully removed the panel felt really slick, the gloss is good (although I'm not sure if that's the PlasmaCoat or the QD) and it's a similar thing with the beading at this point, the next wash should give a better indication of what's just the PlasmaCoat and what's the QD.

Valet Pro Citrus Bling;

As stated, no pictures of this yet, so just a quick review. Citrus Bling is a concentrate that can be diluted as per needs (from memory it's 1:1 for a quick wax, 3:1 for a drying aid, 8:1 for a QD and 16:1 as clay lube). I diluted mine 1:1, simple spray, wipe, buff again like Cure. When neat it's quite a think liquid (not quite mayonnaise consistency, but not watery either) and even mixed 1:1 it's a bit thicker than your usual quick wax but no more difficult to use. It spreads easily and buffs off to give an effortless streak-free finish, it can be used over plastic too.

Because I don't have pictures of that though, have some more of Gyeon Cure, more beading;

S0541241_zps9abb0602.jpg

A slight focus adjust shows the gloss is pretty good too.

S0531238_zps850ca2b0.jpg

And I'll just leave you with this comparison between Cure and the Waxaddict wax;

S0451211_zps577aa807.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Updates a plenty today.

Firstly, Nanolex Urban on the car windows - it's starting to wear off on the wiped areas of the windscreen (still working though, just not at as low speeds as previously and bug splatter is starting to stick to this area more too) but still going strong everywhere else on the car.

The first glass sealant test on the house shows that both G5 and Car Chem are both still going well and the second test on the window at the front of the house shows that there's currently nothing between Urban, G5 or Car Chem at this point. PIAA is struggling already, though it's still an improvement over untreated glass.

I washed the car today so there's a wax update too. I followed the usual procedure as I have done throughout this test, namely Bilt Hamber Auto Foam snow foam pre-wash followed by a Glacier Wax Pure shampoo wash - nothing added to/topping up the LSP's at all. I've now run out of Auto Foam though, so the next wash will involve a different snow foam for the first time since I started this test.

I'll start with the newer LSP's in Gyeon Cure, Dr Beasley's Plasma Coat and Waxaddict #18. None of these have really stood up well to the last three weeks, but it's worth reminding everyone that the paint wasn't prep'd in any way so that's hardly surprising. So take the following with that very much in mind.

Plasma Coat seems to have suffered the most showing very poor sheeting and, even when fresh, the beading wasn't the best.

Cure is a bit hit and miss, in some areas it's showing strong sheeting and good beading but in others it's looking quite weak already - this may be down to either the lack of prep work or, equally as likely to be honest, my application method which was largely a case of slap it off and remove the streaks as much as much anything. I've got plenty more of this to play around with, but more on this later.

Waxaddict #18 is fairing a bit better, it's clearly beading better than the older waxes around it on the bonnet but it's not showing the resilience of a wax that's going to last months on end. Obviously this won't have been helped by the lack of prep but I'm not really sure it'd last 5/6 months with that either really but rather 2-3 months perhaps.

Also, Nanolex Trim Rejuvinator is still going strong on the scuttle panel;

S0371484_zps4bf587f9.jpg

AF Revive hasn't faired so well on the wing mirror backing plates, which are still black but no longer beading at all well.

So the waxes then.

FK2685 currently looks like this;

S0031394_zps271e163d.jpg

As a reminder, here's a comparison of when it was fresh and how it sits now;

S0031394_Fotor_Collage_zps0e9e9c77.jpg

AF Desire currently looks like this;

S0071406_zpsea4320bf.jpg

Comparison to when it was fresh;

S0071406_Fotor_Collage_zps8c3c7af8.jpg

Poorboys Natty's currently looks like this;

S0101414_zps2656044d.jpg

And the comparison;

S0101414_Fotor_Collage_zpsc48daf0c.jpg

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet currently;

S0171432_zpsc4d07a59.jpg

Comparison;

djbv_Fotor_Collage_zpse82d8074.jpg

Purple Haze currently;

S0231445_zpsa110bf7d.jpg

Comparison;

DJPH_Fotor_Collage_zps93d10a60.jpg

And just for the sake of it, Waxaddict #18 currently;

S0141426_zpsa3088423.jpg

Seeing as that's only 3 weeks old and the "fresh" picture is only up the page a bit (also, I can't be a**ed to make it... it's mainly this reason) there's no comparison picture here.

Nanolex Nanowax currently;

S0311464_zps3592f506.jpg

and the comparison;

Nanowax_Fotor_Collage_zps034682d3.jpg

I've got a couple of videos showing the sheeting on the bonnet and the door to show the differences, but it was taking a while to upload them so I've given up for now. If anyone's interested I'll try to post them up, but if not I won't bother. However, what it shows is that Nanowax is sheeting very strongly indeed - as a side note, Dodo Juice Hard Candy topped with Purple Haze on the front wing sheets better than two layers of Purple Haze on the bonnet at this point. Poorboys EX-P topped with Natty's blue then topped with Natty's red on one rear wing appears to sheet roughly the same as Natty's blue on the bonnet. Nanowax sheets better than them all today. Also, the fresher Nanowax on the (unprepared) wing mirrors sheets better that then older Nanowax on the door but not by much really.

On the bonnet Purple Haze easily trumps the sheeting this week by a whole 6 seconds :lol:, beating Blue Velvet and FK in an almost tied 2nd (I think FK probably just tipped it), followed by Natty's blue - there's about 5 seconds difference between FK/Blue Velvet and Natty's. #18 comes in about 8 seconds after Natty's and finally Desire comes in dead last almost 30 seconds after Natty's and 40 seconds after Purple Haze. That said Desire actually left the panel with less water on than the others, followed by Natty's, Blue Velvet and FK in a three way tie, Purple Haze closely follows then #18 with roughly 30% of the water still on the panel.

Whilst it only took little over a minute for them all to finish sheeting, it's a stark comparison to the Gyeon Wetcoat that's currently on another car, which takes 3 seconds to completely sheet off the car... when it's failing! Still, that's a very different product altogether. It does, however, bring me very nicely back to Gyeon Cure rather seamlessly.

After months of telling myself that I don't need any more LSP's I finally gave into temptation. I'm using the excuse that I've run out of Wetcoat, so it's okay. It also had nothing to do with the 25% off that Polished Bliss were offering. Honest. :teeth: So in what can only be described as a completely fair, like-for-like replacement for Wetcoat, I bought (ignoring the AF bits, and the poor quality Instagram photo);

914464_1454051464867583_2140744509_n_zpsf0e3b73e.jpg

Gyeon Prime (the kit includes Cure hence that link, in case you were wondering). I originally bought this for the Leon to take advantage of its gloss and durability, however it might yet end up on the Z (when these waxes finally give up). So this may be the end of these wax tests for a while as I venture into coatings instead. :lol:

That's your lot for now.

• Like 3

This thread has even got me with three different products on my bonnet!

:lol:

I'm so glad it's not just me anymore. :D Which products have got on the go?

How do you guys do it? I can't stand things which aren't symmetrical :lol:

Nice update. It's about time you nominated the BEST one. ;)

How do you guys do it? I can't stand things which aren't symmetrical :lol:

I tend to focus my OCD on something else and go completely OTT on that instead. Like dressing the windscreen washer lines. :lol:

Nice update. It's about time you nominated the BEST one. ;)

I couldn't possibly even suggest a best one...

... I'll happily nominate my favourite one two though. :teeth: Well I say happily, it comes with the caveat that (with the only exception of Desirable) I wouldn't resent using any one of them if I wasn't given the choice of the others.

Considering cost (both initial outlay and per use), ease of application, cure times, ease of removal and overall finish it would be a complete toss up between the FK pink wax and Poorboys Natty's. The only thing that would separate them would be which scent I preferred on that particular day... a decision made ever more difficult with the existence of Natty's Red. :lol:

If you were to push me to absolutely nominate the "best" (IMO) though, I would have to choose...

... Gyeon Wetcoat. :p

• Like 1

:lol:

I'm so glad it's not just me anymore. :D Which products have got on the go?

I'm testing out the difference in water behaviour between Sonax's Polymer NetShield, Brilliant Shine Detailler (BSD) over Polymer NetShield and BSD over Collinite 915. Best so far is plain Polymer Netshield - it is in fact ridiculously good!

It is a touch grabby, but I have found that a lightly damp microfibre makes applying BSD really easy to apply and a similar principle applies to PNS. Compared to waxing it is so easy - spray a little on the panel, wipe around with lightly damp microfibre applicator, buff off with plush microfibre. Done. For those of us with silver or grey cars, this really is a great range of products for these lighter colours.

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of...

... Gyeon Wetcoat. :p

I applied the last of bottle of WetCoat to the Leon mentioned somewhere in this thread before at least 4 weeks ago (it may have been 5, I struggle to count to such big numbers...) to top up the protection on it with the intention of applying some winter protection when I had the car for longer. Well, I've now got the car for another week so today I made a start on on it's pre-winter detail, which starts with a wash and removal of the current protection...

... at least that was the plan. I'm sure you can guess where this is going.

WetCoat was still going strong. Even before the wash. And this was the first wash since it was applied, so the car was... actually surprisingly clean, but dirtier than 4 (or 5) weeks prior. Anyway, the car was snow foamed (Car Chem for what it's worth), rinsed, re-foamed with neat APC, washed (with the Swissvax stuff from the last Waxybox - I'm not impressed with that to be honest but that's another topic) and then rinsed again. WetCoat wasn't adversely affected at all.

I then clayed with the cloth mentioned elsewhere in this thread using Car Chem shampoo. Twice. WetCoat is still standing at this point. So I took the opportunity to double check using traditional clay too (on a small area). WetCoat won that fight too. If anything, it was actually beading better after the clay.

Iron removers. Yes, plural. Four of them. WetCoat was affected but definitely still going.

Tardis, not to remove tar but to see if it'll remove WetCoat. It didn't. Weakened it slightly again, but didn't remove it.

Polishing starts tomorrow, which should definitely remove it, but it's good to know just how stubborn a month-old, spray on/rinse off sealant can be!

So this week's new toy was;

40d5760c-aec8-4740-b45a-f566d72a58de_zpsb23c86b3.jpg

Polished Bliss were (actually still are) selling these and Mohs kits off at a good discount because Gyeon have changed the presentation boxes, so I picked this up at a bargain price about a month ago. I spent the last month dithering about which car to apply it to but the ongoing wax test on the Z made that decision for me, so it's now on the Leon.

Anyway, the (slightly used :lol: ) contents of the box;

S0031763_zps6d43e397.jpg

You actually get 4 suede applicator cloths, a full bottle of Prime and a user manual along with what's seen here. The bottle of Cure had been topped up with the Waxybox sample I still had before it was used, so that's about equal to amount you'll get. This is what I had left after applying 2 layers of Prime and one of Cure, I'd imagine the Z would use about the same amount so the 30ml kit should be plenty.

Anyway, the process was, in addition to the last post, as follows;

Snow foam & rinse.

APC foam & 2 bucket wash followed by a thorough rinse.

Clay'd (with a cloth).

Iron decon & rinse.

De-tarred & rinse (all as above).

The car was then moved into the garage and left to dry over night.

The following day I taped up and began polishing. There were only a few minor swirls, one large scratch the length of the rear door and a scuff on the front bumper. The paint is considerably harder than the Z, so I eventually settled on an orange Lake Country Constant Pressure Pad and 3M Scratch & Swirl Remover on the DAS-6. Neither the scratch nor the scuff are 100%, but due to time constraints I settled for the 85% I managed to achieve. Each section was given a wipe down with Eraser to check the correction as I went along.

With polishing complete, the full car was given a dust down and a final wipe down with Gyeon Prep before starting on the Prime.

The instructions for Prime are quite straight forward; lightly wet an applicator using the pipette, wipe onto the paint, buff off between 30seconds to 3 minutes to remove all smears.

Once you get a hang of the timing, it's remarkably easy to use, the main thing is to make sure you remove all the smear before it sets on the paintwork - if you miss any, they ain't coming out without compounding! Good lighting helps a lot with this, so make sure you plan ahead on that front. It's also important to keep a close eye on both applicator cloths and buffing cloths for dried product, otherwise you're going to cause scratches. I had to swap the applicator cloth about three quarters of the way through the first coat, but managed to get the second coat on with a single applicator. I was also using two microfibre cloths to buff - one to buff off the product then a separate one to give a second buff - and ended up using 8 cloths to buff over the two coats.

You should allow at least an hour between layers of Prime - I ended up getting distracted by something and it was closer to 3 by time I got round to the second layer. Once the second layer is applied, it's advised to leave the car in a warm, dry place out of direct sunlight for at least 12 hours (however, the longer the better - so it was 42 hours in my case) before applying a coat of Cure. Cure is effectively a QD/sealant designed to reduce/eliminate (or 'cure' if you like) the water spotting issue associated with coating's whilst they fully set (which can take up to 14 days).

It's also advised not to wash the car with any shampoo for the first 7 days after application so if you're the type of person who has to wash the car every other day, prepare to be frustrated! :lol:

So whilst Prime was curing, I applied AF Revive to the plastics to top up the Nanolex Trim Rejuvenator that been on there for several months.

Tyres were dressed with Gyeon Tire.

The wheels were first polished with Werkstat Prime and sealed with the revised Hubikote Hubirims (which now smells the same a Hubifresh. If you don't know what Hubifresh smells like, it's bloody awesome! :D ).

Glass was first cleaned with AG Glass Polish, then Car Chem Glass Cleaner, followed by an Eraser/Prep wipe down and finally sealed with Car Chem Glass Sealant.

So pictures of the finished article then;

S0121695_zps62e14ed0.jpg

S0241740_zps5c01a170.jpg

S0191721_zps2479ce69.jpg

S0161710_zps27eb86bf.jpg

S0171717_zps9e446f39.jpg

S0131699_zpse8b770ba.jpg

S0251743_zpsb26e47cd.jpg

The lack of sun doesn't help to show off the glossiness of the finish, but these refelctions should give a fair idea;

S0071679_zps746047fd.jpg

S0091685_zps56a4d0fb.jpg

S0021666_zps35604e8e.jpg

Also including obligatory (filthy) Z content.

Beading shots will probably follow in due course because... well, I do love me some beading. :p But that's your lot for now. There might be a wax update next week.

• Like 2

So this is what week old, "dirty" (I use the term loosely here, it has only been a week after all) Prime beads like;

S0401876_zpsf60de1b5.jpg

S0411880_zps2ea48e0e.jpg

S0431894_zpsd66b369e.jpg

If you look closely at some of the beads in this next one, you can see just how dirty the car was*. Also, you can see the difference in beading between two random, completely incomparable products on the light and paint. :lol:

S0451901_zpsefc2cf9b.jpg

*I say "was" because I inadvertently washed (parts of) the car today with nothing more than filtered water and a spray bottle. Truly touchless wash and not so much as a shampoo in sight. :D

• Like 1

Anyway, that was a mere distraction to today's task, the wax test.

The Z was washed - Car chem snow foam, rinsed, 2BM wash with Glacier Pure, rinsed, re-rinsed with filtered water & photographed whilst getting odd looks from the neighbours (who, it has to be said, should be used to this by now!) - and here are the results.

Sheeting all round has dramatically slowed. During the first rinse I was questioning whether any of the waxes had survived to this point. It's fair to say we're approaching the end of this test now. The pictures below are in the order they were taken to give you an idea of the timeline, the first of which was about a minute or so after the two panels had been completely wetted.

Over all;

S0011764_Fotor_zps3c548a5f.jpg

Desire;

S0021766_zps80a34c38.jpg

FK;

S0031769_zps6a20104e.jpg

Poorboys;

S0041772_Fotor_zpse9569bbb.jpg

The added-at-a-later-date-and-not-actually-anything-to-do-with-this-test Waxaddict jobbie ;

S0051775_zps597575be.jpg

Purple Haze;

S0061777_zps5b639cfc.jpg

Blue Velvet;

S0071780_Fotor_zps12c48393.jpg

Of these six, Purple Haze was, hands down, the best performer at this point with Waxaddict being the worst (Desire being the slowest of the remaining 5 from the start of the test). Interestingly (well, to me), throughout this test I've noticed the tape line showing only on the Dodo Juice sections. Can you see where it is? :lol:

S0091785_zps9a403931.jpg

Anyway, whilst getting pictures of the bonnet waxes, Nanowax was doing this;

S0101788_zpsc92e6690.jpg

S0111792_zps662b3741.jpg

I appreciate that it's on a vertical panel compared to the horizontal bonnet and it had a bit longer before the pictures were taken, however, I think it's fair to say that Nanowax wins the sheeting contest.

At this point the spray bottle came out for the beading shots.

Nanowax;

Nanowax_zps5f81b9c8.jpg

By this point (7/8 minutes, ish) all but the Waxaddict sections of the bonnet were pretty much dry from sheeting. Anyway, on with the beading.

Desire;

S0211820_zps87f68404.jpg

FK;

S0251832_zpsfda40e89.jpg

Poorboys;

S0281840_zps923d6444.jpg

Blue Velvet;

S0341859_zps315661a0.jpg

and Purple Haze;

S0371868_zps89a5b520.jpg

None of which are particularly good and I'm not even sure which of the 5 on the bonnet wins that round....

That's your lot for now. I suspect the next update may well see anywhere between one and five of these dropping out.