Whats next?

neo-ninja

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thoughts:

Cayman - i was seriously tempted but then i read servicing is crazy price - can anyone confirm

Europa - very interesting! didn't even consider, although i remember hearing Lotus had a terrible rep for everyday runners

6 series - these are tempting too but figured they would be much more on fuel?

Supra - loved these growing up but now too old i think for me.

Cayman servicing is the same price as the Zed. http://porscheowners...icing/?model=55

Bearing in mind that's once every two years/20K miles. Parts are comparable on costs, much better on fuel. How much more can a good 987 lose?

Europa is a good car, but would you consider an Elise as an every day car? I owned one, and loved it, and I wouldn't. Europa is really not that much better.

6-series is ace. Loved the M6, never driven a common or garden one though.

Supra = chav.

Thanks Ekona, I was doing some more looking last night and a Cayman does sound very tempting! I was suprised to see the servicing costs. I had always heard they were alot more then that but your right if its only every 2 years (20k miles) its not bad at all.

Has anyone here had one?

RX8 engine are designed to wear the tips out, and use oil. That's how they work.

Approx 5% of M96/97 engines suffer from IMS failure, scored bores etc.

When i was looking into it and asked around figures of 30-40% failures were banded about , about £4k for a rebuild

30/40%!!!! :lol:

Porker wouldnt even be in business if that was the case.

Christ I bet the 8's failure rate isnt that high!

Its happening often out of warranty on 4 or 5 year old cars between 30 and 60k so no support from Porsche

Dozen have manufacturers have had major product issues and it impacts their business very little

Its happening often out of warranty on 4 or 5 year old cars between 30 and 60k so no support from Porsche

Dozen have manufacturers have had major product issues and it impacts their business very little

I'll take your word for it mate as youve obviously done your homework but I seriously cant see how Porsche c survive reputationally with a 30/40% catastrophic engine failure rate.

I'll take your word for it mate as youve obviously done your homework but I seriously cant see how Porsche c survive reputationally with a 30/40% catastrophic engine failure rate.

I'm not saying its a fact just what I was told , it is however a known issue , google will confirm that