Thinking of getting a Dual Action polisher

ostego

Thanks for all of your input guys! This looks like it won't be a cheap endeavour!

Now I have my car mechanically sound to the expense of 4 figures.... I'm now letting the zeditis flow through my blood, and have booked to have £420 of work done on ICE this weekend.... That leaves me pretty skint until the end of the month now!

May have to hold back on the DA machine for a bit... but these light swirls are really bugging me! They're so un-noticable but i just pick up on the smallest imperfections (have a few stone chips that are KILLING me every time i look at them.... ordered some touch up paint but am too scared to use it at risk of it looking splodgey!)

Is it worth just buying some polish and pads from halfords or something to give it a go by hand? Just to tide me over so I don't go mad!

Would a good polish also help to blend in any touch up paint i were to dab onto the small white paint chips?

If the swirls bug you, but you can't splash out on a DA right now, get some soft hand pads and a decent glaze, it'll hide the swirls (a bit), then bang some wax on top (again this will help hide them too). It won't correct, it'll minimise.

Obviously when you're just putting 'make up' on it doesn't make for a natural beauty, but it can make something look a lot better.

I would love to try this on the camaro but don't have the balls lol. Got a quote for 245 to do a full detail and swirl removal

That's a good price. Where is that and how long are you Camaro-less?

Anyone tried the megs microfibre pads? They look decent but worried they might be a bit aggressive for the soft paint?

I'd say microfibre pads would be too aggressive myself, but if your technique is good this can be compensated for. Is there any reason why you'd want to go for microfibre over foam pads?

Is it worth just buying some polish and pads from halfords or something to give it a go by hand? Just to tide me over so I don't go mad!

Would a good polish also help to blend in any touch up paint i were to dab onto the small white paint chips?

You'd be better off with something like AF Tripple, followed by a decent wax to seal, for the short term if you're doing it by hand.

With filling chips, you won't get a good result at all without polishing afterwards, although something like Chipex does reduce the need to wet sand.

Anyone tried the megs microfibre pads? They look decent but worried they might be a bit aggressive for the soft paint?

I'd say microfibre pads would be too aggressive myself, but if your technique is good this can be compensated for. Is there any reason why you'd want to go for microfibre over foam pads?

No special reason, just curious, seen them used a few times on detailing videos and that.

No special reason, just curious, seen them used a few times on detailing videos and that.

Fair enough. They tend to be used on hard paint as a rule as they can offer fairly quick correction, but I wouldn't use them on soft paint at all myself.

Just got a pretty good deal on the meguires machine polisher with two pads also, used twice by my cousin an sold it to me for 90

Ill update once I've been able to use it fully

I've been watching video after video of tutorials on YouTube