Does a P3 service require belt changes?

gstraw

Hey

I spoke to nissan Glasgow and they said a P3 requires 2 belts to be changed and that's why it's expensive. However when I look at the service manual the P3 doesn't say anything about replacing belts. It's just inspect and tighten?

Can anyone clarify please? The car I'm buying has not had the belts changed in its last P3 so should I get them done in its upcoming P1?

Also for servicing do people tend to use genuine nissan parts or do you upgrade your parts for aftermarket ones?

Such as air filter? I seen a piper cross one for £77? Is that much better than the standard one?

Thanks

Thanks guys, yes the Cosworth and HKS filters that we sell for the DE are £29.95. Could the Pipercross filters you were looking at be for the HR as there's two of them and that price would then make more sense?

We sell the pair of belts for the DE for £29.95 and replacement tensioner nuts for £1.95 each.

Drop me a PM if I can help :)

Ewen

Thanks guys.

The place I'm buying the car said they will do the next service just now. Turns out p3 has been done but no belts were in the invoice.

What does DE stand for?

Yes that was for two filters. Do we only have 1 in our 370's? I thought it would be two?

Lastly nissan said the pulleys need to be changed too... Is that true and what ones are they referring to?

Thanks

If its a 370Z you are buying then yes you will need two. It runs the HR engine similar to the last of the 350Z but larger capacity. The DE engine was fitted to the earlier 350Zs.

We have the Cosworth and HKS air filters for the HR 350Z and 370Z also in stock they are £59.95 for the pair.

Not sure why they would tell you that as they should not need changed. on The HR engines cars there is only one belt.

Ewen

On the HR cars the belt is easy to see, its right at the front of the engine.

Nissan will sting you about 85quid to change it. However, you can change it yourself in 5 minutes and the only tool you need is a 1/2inch bar to pull the tensioner off the belt and an allen key or screw driver to lock the tensioner back whilst you fit the new belt. Id also go for a gates belt rather than the nissan one. I found on my HR it would SHRED the belt after just 20k miles. God knows why as nothing was catching the belt and the pulleys were all perfectly aligned and had no play in them.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

What does HR and DE stand for?

So to clarify my 370z 2009 has a HR engine?

Thanks for the link :)

They are just designations for the different engines in the Z ... I don't think HR or DE stand for anything such as High Rev etc.

Thanks guys.

What does HR and DE stand for?

So to clarify my 370z 2009 has a HR engine?

Thanks for the link :)

They are just designations for the different engines in the Z ... I don't think HR or DE stand for anything such as High Rev etc.

Letter Feature Feature type D DOHC Camshaft V Variable Valve Lift with Timing Camshaft S Carburetor Fuel delivery i Throttle Body Fuel Injection Fuel delivery E Electronic Port Fuel Injection Fuel delivery D Direct Cylinder Fuel Injection Fuel delivery N Natural gas fueled Fuel delivery P LPG fueled Fuel delivery R Supercharged Power adder T Turbocharged Power adder Ti Turbocharged and intercooled Power adder TT Twin-Turbocharged Power adder HR High Response and High Revolution Special

DE = DOHC Electronic Port Fuel Injection

HR = High Response and High Revolution

:thumbs:

Cannot see why you would need to change the pulleys..!!

Looks like the Stealers trying to make another few bob.. :scare:

When I took my HR for its first belt replacement at 22k miles, Nissan said that the only time they`d need to replace the pulleys is if the bearings were worn and causing alignment problems. On the other hand though, they also told me the belt should last about 60k before needing replacement and had absolutely no idea why it was falling apart after just 22k miles.