My "I'm not gonna mod this car" roadster

Davectr

I'm interested in the throttle mod. effectively thats what the uprev does- it opens the throttle more.

how much was the throttle controller and is it still been quite good?

car looks good!

- Please guys don't turn this into a heated discussion about whether Sprintboosters are any good, or indeed necessary like last time the subject was raised. The following are purely MY opinion of it after fitting it to my car, in response to gstraw's question. Thank you -

To be honest it's one of the best mods I've done to this car. I had the Uprev done a few months before I had this fitted to sort out the throttle response and to try and improve the gearchange, and whilst it did improve things, it was nowhere near as noticeable or effective as the sprint booster. It just feels more like it should do, more responsive, the gear change seems sharper/quicker. In its most aggressive mode, the car feels more 'alive' and for me has significantly restored my enjoyment driving the car.

This was never about performance for me (if you've read my thread you will notice it's all cosmetic), it was about making this car drive like it should.

I think it was about £180ish, worth every penny (for me anyway!). I would suggest that if anyone's interested they should try and drive a car with one installed to experience it for themselves before deciding whether it's a 'gimmick' or not.

Thanks for the kind comments about my car ðŸ‘

• Like 1

So, after reading so many times on here about how good these cars handle and me always thinking mine feels very light and unstable (to me) at the front at errrrm let's say reasonable speeds 😉 I finally got my arse into gear and took it to JM Imports for a 4 wheel alignment.

5dea7aaf6e39e4d8728f2e9bffb71f48.jpg

ba827fc25b88ed0640dfeffbbbd556b1.jpg

I'm sure the eagle eyed ones amongst you will have spotted Jurgens GTR in the background, what a machine that is!

Anyway, I digress, I should've done this ages ago - what a difference it's made, the car feels much more stable now. I can't believe I've left it so long to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Berks Hfc's. Sounds quite a bit deeper than before (in real life, maybe not on the video 😄)

https://vimeo.com/155017328

What a fantastic sound!!! Well done.

So, after reading so many times on here about how good these cars handle and me always thinking mine feels very light and unstable (to me) at the front at errrrm let's say reasonable speeds 😉 I finally got my arse into gear and took it to JM Imports for a 4 wheel alignment.

[...]

Anyway, I digress, I should've done this ages ago - what a difference it's made, the car feels much more stable now. I can't believe I've left it so long to do.

Are our Z's wheels misaligned from factory or did you change ur suspension before? Just curious if I should also have an alignment done.

Thanks, I like it but I'm not sure what the hissing type noise is when I lift off the throttle but I've heard it on other videos with Hfc's fitted?

Not sure, I've not touched my suspension, I've only changed my wheels. It's definitely worth getting done.

Not sure, I've not touched my suspension, I've only changed my wheels. It's definitely worth getting done.

From factory our Z got a bit negative camber, rear more so, front less so. In what way has your alignment been changed that you find an improvement in handling? Is your camber now zero, front and rear? Thx for infos

Yeah it had a bit of negative camber which was adjusted but the toe angles were out quite a bit. Here's the sheets they gave me

Before

8fcdb90e796bb77da19627392630b04e.jpg

After

933ba2e3cdf325a3a70cd6a5d2c94e3b.jpg

So they actually increased the rear negative camber slightly and reduced the toe

Ok i see. Toe has been zeroed all round, and rear negative camber slightly increased. :thumbs:

Is this a costly job? No aftermarket alignment parts needed?

Would Kwik-Fit do a good wheel alignment, too, or should I avoid them?

I love their JM Import's scissor car jack! :p

Edited by V1H

It was £60+ VAT. No, no parts needed at all.

Kwik fit 😱, unless you someone who works there and you are confident he knows what he's doing I would have to say no way! Try and find someone local who comes recommended otherwise you could end up with worse handling than before you started

All their lifts were full 😄

75f23918a4229c6535f13e9b9c2f4d3b.jpg

Mates 1100bhp GTR under the NSX

e6adf0c5be77b3a5971b818cfe18bce1.jpg

Couple more GTR's in

6d36baadd42064fb1a9c700ed35f4105.jpg

Not the best pic, but mine next to the NSX

cars looking good on the ramps,I really do like the black/white 370 roadster look,need to save penny,s and sell or trade mine in for a nice 370z roadster,it will be hard letting my roadster go as it only has 40,000 miles on the clock and has near enough got all the goodies you have and runs like a wee sweety, and my wife says its treated better than her! :blush:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Little update: After having the HFC's fitted last month I got to thinking that it may be running a little lean, so in order to ensure the car was running as good as possible thought I'd book it in for a quick dyno session.

What better excuse than now to add

e26b438daff2697c55b048fc6f2678ac.jpg

Dropped them in

1cf720a1b86a97c859b596209bb76ab5.jpg

c68b231fb0c7094ec95ea156eb2a5363.jpg

Then popped down to RS Tuning in Leeds for a bit of fine tuning

abe032538039a6bdce87eb2583815e19.jpg

74006f8bc8c9cca634ac5782714ec4e4.jpg

Power was up (329.5bhp @ 6750rpm) from previous dyno run which was nice, but the big improvement was the torque curve. Previously it peaked at 272ft/lb @ 3142rpm dropping to 250ft/lb by 4500rpm where it stayed until about 6000rpm and dropped off. Now it produces 275ft/lb at 2750rpm, creeps up slightly, but holds ~275ft/lb until 6300rpm.

1cc5cb38d97b7a467f91a3cf9878a5e7.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Davectr, I also had my 370Z tuned by RS Tuning 12 months ago.

Are your performance enhancements limited to drop-in filter and HFC? Stock exhaust?

Cheers :)

Edited by V1H

• 2 months later...

Hi Davectr, I also had my 370Z tuned by RS Tuning 12 months ago.

Are your performance enhancements limited to drop-in filter and HFC? Stock exhaust?

Cheers :)

Sorry mate, totally missed this! 😳. Only got drop in filters, hfc's and fast intentions true dual exhaust. Mainly done for aural pleasure rather than performance ðŸ‘

when are you selling the car,give me a shout :D;)

Ha ha, isn't going to be happening mate 😉. Couldn't bear to let it go, mind you I haven't had much chance to use it this year. Was hoping to have a few updates by now but things have not gone to plan 😞, hopefully in the next couple of months