Exhausts, cats and plenum

Zedrush

Depends on area, if you know them, cash or card, how nice they are, how good they are etc...

Id do it yourself if you can or get someone to do it as its not too hard if you follow instructions. The hardest bit is getting the car off the ground for the exhaust parts.

I changed my old MG full system a while back and it took me 4 hours in total as i have never done it before, however it was a perfect job, no leaking rattling or anything. ;)

Depends on area, if you know them, cash or card, how nice they are, how good they are etc...

Id do it yourself if you can or get someone to do it as its not too hard if you follow instructions. The hardest bit is getting the car off the ground for the exhaust parts.

I changed my old MG full system a while back and it took me 4 hours in total as i have never done it before, however it was a perfect job, no leaking rattling or anything. ;)

yeh but didnt you sell the car the day after? :p

yeh but didnt you sell the car the day after? :p

No that was fitting the MIL eliminator as i didnt fit that right away, I had that all on the car for about 6 months :thumbs:

Lol is it worth change the spark plugs when the plenum spacer is being change or are there no gains from it?

Dont really see the point if they are not ready for changing, how many miles have they done? At last back on topic. :thumbs:

As I can actually contribute on topic - here goes.

I have no idea if it makes any difference, but I intend to change the plugs in mine at some point in an attempt to stop one side of my exhaust becoming carboned up quicker than the other (dodgy burn in one bank maybe?)

As I have a true dual, and one side seems to be burning differently to the other (or one cat is damaged), I end up with one very dark exhaust and one silver - which then makes it look like some chav chariot with a fake exhaust on one side. :dry:

Trick is at the moment to keep wiping the exhaust every time the car is put away.

PS. yes it was on purpose. :p

Lol is it worth change the spark plugs when the plenum spacer is being change or are there no gains from it?

Unless your goin FI then i wouldn't change them. The plugs that are in their are pretty good as standard and only need changing around the 50k mark. Your not going to get any real gains from plugs but it's something you could do for peace of mind and know they'll keep things running smoothly.

:thumbs:

I'll take it back on topic.....

As I mentioned before I fitted the exhaust myself and it's very easy if you buy something of good quality.

The plenum was pretty easy to fit too. I did this myself too in my driveway.

I haven't done cats but obviously I saw there positioning when I did the exhaust. I'd do these myself too if I bought them. I don't think I need the extra noise though! :teeth:

Guest prescience
does the cats and plenum spacer give any more loudness to the nismo exhaust? :teeth:

Ohhhhhh yes :fishslap:

Any difference in performance feel like initial take off?

Not really at take-off, a more flowing system might slightly reduce low down torque due to lower back-pressure (this is my non-scientific view) but certainly in the mid-range you should notice more pull (and this has been dyno proven) :D

does the cats and plenum spacer give any more loudness to the nismo exhaust? :teeth:

think you heard mine ;)

personally I am very happy with the noise I get with nismo exhaust + kinetix cats and plenum! I always drop a cog when going under a bridge or tunnel ;)