After Market Alloys

SiriusProjects

Hi Guys,

I am considering changing the alloys on my 350Z GT4 however, I have a couple of questions and would like to hear your opinions.

1. I've been thinking about getting larger alloys with lower profile tyres. Would this work with the GT4 and the handling or would it be better to stick with alloys and tyres of the same current size?

2. If I do change the alloys, I'd like to stick with a five spoke configuration. I do like something a little out of the ordinary or even a coloured (except black). Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the Somerset, Wiltshire or Dorset area that sells alloys. Somewhere I could actually go and look at some.

The only places you will get to see alloys is the general tat halfrauds or motabitz sell, most people tend to trade on line these days, unless your lucky and a tuning house near has some but generally its too expensive to carry stock and cant help with any in that area.

This thread below has loads of images or search google, unless there is particular reason you want to see them in the flesh :)

http://www.350z-uk.c...ite-zed-wheels/

Edited by Jetpilot

Thanks lmc. I checked out the Rare Rims website and they had one of those virtual bays where you can see what the alloys will look like on an image of your car. Most helpful, thank you.

No probs glad to be of some help

I currently have the factory fitted alloys on my car and the guy who had it previously fitted 10mm spacers so the wheels would fill out the arches better. From the information provided, I take it that 18" or 19" alloys are the way to go then? I'm assuming that anything large wouldn't fit. I believe the offset of the factory fitted alloys is 30mm, so is this what I should look for when choosing new alloys and is it to do with making sure new wheels will fit over the brembos?

I currently have the factory fitted alloys on my car and the guy who had it previously fitted 10mm spacers so the wheels would fill out the arches better. From the information provided, I take it that 18" or 19" alloys are the way to go then? I'm assuming that anything large wouldn't fit. I believe the offset of the factory fitted alloys is 30mm, so is this what I should look for when choosing new alloys and is it to do with making sure new wheels will fit over the brembos?

Depends what look your going for.

The link that Jetpilot provided in above post highlights some peoples wheel sizes and offsets with some pics so you can judge what the outcome will be.

iv got 20,s and they fit lovely iv even lowered it 30mm and no catching :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The offset you go for ultimately depends on the width of the rim and tyre that you're going to fit. Most fit 9-9.5" front and 10-10.5" rears with an offset of +20, this with 245 front and 275 rear tyres is perfect fitment and you'll only need the rear arches rolled if you have it lowered around 30mm.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79656-all-encompassing-wheel-size-offset-thread/

I don't think I would want to lower my car to be honest. It just clears the speed bumps in my area as it is. I will admit though, 20" alloys sound good. They would fill the arches nicely.

I was cleaning my car today and noticed that the front tyres were 245's. Looking at the manual, it stated that the front tyres should be 225's and the rears should be 245's. I think the previous owner must of changed the fronts.

Is there an actual handling benefit to running smaller tyres on the front and large tyres on the rear?