GTR34 to JDM Z33 - Newbie! :D (with pics)

Hi Guys,

nice forum you have here,seems like a great group! I recently(february) bought a 03-Fairlady Z from Japan, car was bought through Newera imports and is still in Japan being modded to death! :blush: ,i've never owned a Z before, infact haven't owned any rwd car before so looking forward to getting the Z. Having said that, i recently sold my beloved GTR 34 v-spec, i know alot of you may think "why on earth" but for personal reasons the car had to go, will miss it terribly but i guess it's time to move on and after having owned a couple of Scooby's and an evo the Z just seemed to be the best bet for me.

Hopefully looking to get the max power available in n/a form rather than going F/I, was wondering what kind of figures you guys have gotten in the uk in n/a form? I live in Zambia (southern Africa) so it's kind of difficult to get parts etc but it's manageable(costs an arm and a leg though).

Just wanted to say hi to all the UK members, being a Brit myself it's high time i joined the "home" forums rather than messing about on the U.S. ones. I got pictures of both the Z and GTR, please direct me as to where to post and will do so. Well, hello lads :teeth:

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

2nur02.jpg

momorace3000.jpgGTS.jpg

C.jpg

Brides.jpg

Car has

- C-west front lip and side skirts in Carbon fibre

- Top secret rear diffuser in Carbon fibre

- Volk GTS Wheels(to go on) titanium gunmetal 19" 10.5 rear and 9.5 front with a +18 and +17 offset

- Ings+1 Carbon bonnet

- Bride leather seats

- Nismo titanium GT shift knob

- RSW Carbon console

- Momo race 3000 steering wheel with works bell quick release kit

- Blitz rear spoiler

- Fujitsubo legalis R exhaust and Y-pipe

- Apex-i intake.

GTR Pics;

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

Cheers,

Suhail

Guest prescience
Welcome mate! :thumbs:

Zambia????????? :headhurt:

PS: You won't get any gains at all sticking to NA :blush:

:welcome:

That's not strictly true sarnie, but you do have to spend a LOT of money to get N/A gains - forced induction in whatever form is cheaper BHp/£

Hi there. So what takes you to Zambia? Are there many Z's out there?

Hi guys,

thanks for the welcome messages, Not many performance cars out here, my Z will be the first one in the country as was my R34 :blush:

The performance car scene is beginning to pick up slowly, a couple of supra TT's here and there, alot of scooby's now lol, a few evo's, but not much to be honest.

Been here for about 10 years now, my dad is originally from here so came back to run the family business etc.

Hope you like the cars,

rgds,

Suhail

Welcome mate! :thumbs:

Zambia????????? :headhurt:

PS: You won't get any gains at all sticking to NA :blush:

Hi Sarnie,

i hope that isn't true, i've recently spoken to the guys over at Tomei in Japan who gave me a modlist + EMS to take the car up to-according to them 330-350ps @ the flywheel, This included;

- EMS

- Tomei cams

- Exhaust + decat pipes

- Headers

- Plenum spacer

- Lightened clutch and flywheel

- Lightened pully

- Intake

Going by this and taking note of the figures stated, i'd say it would make the Z a cracking car to drive in n/a form, turbo power is one thing, but a quick n/a car is simply beautiful to drive. Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure a motor with 287bhp standard (in japan) can get an extra 30-50 bhp from all the above mods?

Rgds,

Suhail

Those increased bhp figures are at the flywheel not the wheels?

ps lovely looking motors B)

Yip those figures are flywheel figures, whats the highest flywheel figure you guys have seen in the UK on a n/a Z?

Thanks for the kind words guys, can't wait for the new wheels to go on

Hi Mate , nice mods on your motor, Whats the traffic / roads like out there ??

Hi lomoto,

traffic has become quite bad over the last couple of years, used to be decent before. Roads are ok, no motorways like England though, and to be honest not much room to go flat out on in high Bhp cars, my skyline was pushing out approx 440bhp (flywheel) and very rarely could i go through the first 3 gears flat out.

The Z should be alot more fun to drive though, has just the right amount of power to enjoy here. Roads are ok now, used to be terrible a while back.

You sold the R34 for a 350z??? No way would i do that, i love the R34 soooo much

However love the 350 and that rear diffuser is lovely, what make is it?

In all honesty it wasn't something i initially wanted to do, but having said that my nearest tuner is 1000miles away, i planned on modding the GTR to a much higher power level but didn't want to risk it being done here in Africa. Hence i sold it and bought the Z as a car i'd use for a little while until i had enough funds to source a properly tuned R34 from Japan.

Newera have already been told to look out for a Nur spec next year sometime, hopefully if things go well i'll get a nur-spec next year sometime with 550-600bhp without having to worry about Tuners in South Africa touching the motor. It was a tricky decision to make, and above everything else my g/f loves the Z :yahoo:

Diffuser is a Topsecret one

you can get NA gains, but they aren't cost effective, compared to FI.

Tomei do great stuff for the Z and so do Amuse... good idea to get it tuned in japan directly!!

PS both Tuning companies (and their parts) are amongst the most expensive around B) (at least when they get here!)

Guest prescience

Tomei do great stuff for the Z and so do Amuse... good idea to get it tuned in japan directly!!

PS both Tuning companies (and their parts) are amongst the most expensive around B) (at least when they get here!)

I agree, the 07 Z has extensive modifications to the engine etc (far more than your list) and that is only rated at 310ps. If they could have achieved 330-350ps with your mods, surely they would have?

Very nice Z and R34 though B)

Nice cars! Not a fan of the splitter, but the seats B)

If your Z is still in Japan, just give it to powerhouse amuse, and pay them to sort it out - they are arguably the best NA tuner for the Z, and as far as i know - the only tuner to get almost 360bhp out of an NA Z without using a stroker kit:

http://www.webamuse.co.jp/

I was in two minds about the splitter originally, but after having seen the other options out there the C-west option went well with the car.

As for tuning power house amuse are the best, no doubt and there Z33 is absolutely mental, having said that it would cost a pretty penny to have it all done at once, sometimes i feel i should have spent the extra cash on engine tuning rather than exterior mods first so the car could be done in Japan. o well ..

I agree, the 07 Z has extensive modifications to the engine etc (far more than your list) and that is only rated at 310ps. If they could have achieved 330-350ps with your mods, surely they would have?

Very nice Z and R34 though B)

That's what's confusing me at the moment, from speaking to tuners in America and Japan according to most of them 270rwhp would be achievable at the very least with the above mods, i'm sure with an extra 40bhp the Z would shift no doubt, but there's too many negatives from owners in the uk and South Africa.

I haven't sat in or driven a TT Z before, it costs approx 5k pounds to get it set up tuned and installed in South Africa, do you guys think that is a good price?