thoughts on these 20" deep dish

embrace

You could get a much better set of rims for that money imo! I bet they weigh a bomb too!

yours way a bomb too :boxing:

If you weigh the Borbets they don't weigh as much as a cheaper manufactured rim of similar size!

The Type 95's weigh approx 15kg each. Not the lightest, but not the heaviest rim.

You could get a much better set of rims for that money imo! I bet they weigh a bomb too!

If you weigh the Borbets they don't weigh as much as a cheaper manufactured rim of similar size!

The Type 95's weigh approx 15kg each. Not the lightest, but not the heaviest rim.

yeh im only playing.. saying borbet though im tempted to get borbet center caps made up, but i like the blue on the bmw logo to much :lol:

yeh im only playing.. saying borbet though im tempted to get borbet center caps made up, but i like the blue on the bmw logo to much :lol:

Pussy! all these haters are getting to you? :stir:

Keep the Beemer badges! :p Haha

The Zed can definitely pull off 20's but personally I'd go 18's or 19's for the cheaper tyres, and spend the extra on the rims. Those Konig's are amazing! B)

Not to hijack the thread but how would chrome lips hold up if you were to get better quality wheels such as Konig, Volks etc?

The 20 inc Tyres are not to high cost I got some Toyo,s all round for under £600 you just have to look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Zed can definitely pull off 20's but personally I'd go 18's or 19's for the cheaper tyres, and spend the extra on the rims. Those Konig's are amazing! B)

Not to hijack the thread but how would chrome lips hold up if you were to get better quality wheels such as Konig, Volks etc?

The 20 inc Tyres are not to high cost I got some Toyo,s all round for under £600 you just have to look

Fair enough mate, just presumed they would be expensive

Chrome lips are just fine, even on cheaper wheels they hold up pretty well although the spokes will still corrode.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Hopefully i am not teaching you to suck eggs, but they are not chrome, they are polished ally, in some cases they will come bare which is a headache to look after but looks awesome and in most cases on cheaper wheels they will come lacquered which dulls the shine of polished ally but makes cleaning a lot easier. The other problem with lacquer is if you get a little chip the water gradually creeps under and you get the white worm effect like Jetset pictured.

Jays solution is probably the best of both worlds, shiney and maintenance free. Although there are other methods, clear anodising works well and for my next set i am going to try a clear protective wrap to see what that looks like :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

So did I before I looked in to getting them after I had just bid on the alloys :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hopefully i am not teaching you to suck eggs, but they are not chrome, they are polished ally, in some cases they will come bare which is a headache to look after but looks awesome and in most cases on cheaper wheels they will come lacquered which dulls the shine of polished ally but makes cleaning a lot easier. The other problem with lacquer is if you get a little chip the water gradually creeps under and you get the white worm effect like Jetset pictured.

Jays solution is probably the best of both worlds, shiney and maintenance free. Although there are other methods, clear anodising works well and for my next set i am going to try a clear protective wrap to see what that looks like :)

No I understand a lot of wheels that look chrome are in fact just polished alloy, probably should have used the word "polished" instead. Gonna have to get myself some of that Rim Wax!

So did I before I looked in to getting them after I had just bid on the alloys :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha I'm always doing that! Bidding before actually researching stuff lol

• Like 1

thats for all the replies guys, i did think they wouldnt be very good quality. am loving all the pics of those rays gts very nice, is somebody selling a set on here? had a look in for sale but couldnt see any?

cheers all muchly appreciated :thumbs:

thats for all the replies guys, i did think they wouldnt be very good quality. am loving all the pics of those rays gts very nice, is somebody selling a set on here? had a look in for sale but couldnt see any?

cheers all muchly appreciated :thumbs:

Jays are for sale, i linked them on post 17 of this thread ;)